Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #15 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least the perp. is now where he belongs. So much heartache all round because of that selfish .

You'd think, but my daughter had friends in HS who were sporting sleeve tatts. ��

Like, dye your hair. It grows out. But ink yourself at 15? I shudder to think about the ink I'd have chosen at 15. In fact, at 52, I still have no ink because I was never able to commit. :lol:

Also, despite it being illegal, tatt parlors will ink underaged kids quite often as evidenced by a visit to any HS. :|

I've recently been informed by a tattoo artist that HS kids are buying kits on the internet to ink one another. If I'd been wearing pearls at that moment, I'd have clutched them! Kids these days!

I've recently been informed by a tattoo artist that HS kids are buying kits on the internet to ink one another. If I'd been wearing pearls at that moment, I'd have clutched them! Kids these days!
Geez oh Pete!!

I was always "heck yeah" with hair color because I figured she could experiment and not have to live with it forever.

Just want to chime in and say i am so glad Elizabeth was found and is back where she belongs with family. I agree she will need therapy, and perhaps if she is and feels ready for schoolwork she might possibly be able to be home schooled until she feels ready to go back? Maybe some school assignments could be sent to her if she feels up to it?
I don't know if her family situation would allow them to move because she has siblings at school and parents who would be working, and it does take some planning etc. to relocate. All JMO.
And we all know what a fabulous homeschooler her mother is.
Plan B?

And we all know what a fabulous homeschooler her mother is.
Plan B?

She isn't in her mother's custody anymore is she? I was thinking just a very temporary situation, and after some therapy if she is feeling up to going back to school at all? I'm sure she can't stay hidden from the rest of society for ever, and will have to be gently integrated back in at some stage.

She isn't in her mother's custody anymore is she? I was thinking just a very temporary situation, and after some therapy if she is feeling up to going back to school at all? I'm sure she can't stay hidden from the rest of society for ever, and will have to be gently integrated back in at some stage.
I'm sure there will be professionals who will work through what is best for her.

It seems pretty bad to me, but the parents have had little time to deal with the school issue while ET was missing, IMO.

Are the other kids still going to school in the same district? That seems like a really bad idea.

Are the other kids still going to school in the same district? That seems like a really bad idea.

Has the school been closed down? Or are they contemplating that? Or do you mean just ET's siblings going to that school?

Has the school been closed down? Or are they contemplating that? Or do you mean just ET's siblings going to that school?

I mean her siblings. Seems like they're probably getting bullied like crazy. ET was and this was *before* going away with a teacher. I believe she did it voluntarily BUT only because she'd been convinced by him. This poor girl needs serious, intense therapy that will probably take years between having a mother who abused her for years, and a school that failed to protect her on top of a teacher who preyed upon her.

I doubt they'd close down a whole school for this. Their predator is gone. It happened at my school several times.
ETA: Of course we didn't have the whole countries attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bahaha. Millienials. Bless their hearts.

I mean her siblings. Seems like they're probably getting bullied like crazy. ET was and this was *before* going away with a teacher. I believe she did it voluntarily BUT only because she'd been convinced by him. This poor girl needs serious, intense therapy that will probably take years between having a mother who abused her for years, and a school that failed to protect her on top of a teacher who preyed upon her.

Ok. thanks for clarifying. I certainly hope her Sibs. aren't being bullied over that, because that would truly be a messed up situation, more than it already is.
I'm not sure if she was or wasn't getting any therapy for the abuse from her mother once in the custody of her dad?

I doubt they'd close down a whole school for this. Their predator is gone. It happened at my school several times.
ETA: Of course we didn't have the whole countries attention.

I agree, the predator is now gone. And yes, it unfortunately does happen a lot these days, :(
Maybe not so much with the teacher kidnapping a student though?

Thats how people die from carbon monoxide poisoning let alone possibly falling asleep and cabin going up in a gigantic fire ball with fire snd police dept hours away. What an idiot he seriously lost his marbles.

True story, when I was a kid in elementary school, the gas and electricity to the building we lived in was cut off. I won't go into the details of how that happened, but it took my parents about six weeks to find another place for us to live. Meanwhile my uncle loaned my parents a camp stove just like the one in the picture, and some type of portable gas heater. The gas heater was inadequate to heat our apartment and my uncle replaced that with a wood burning stove that he ventilated into a chimney. But we used the gas heater for a few days, and my mother continued to cook for us on the camp stove, until we moved the next month. Life pretty much went on as normal for us, except we didn't have TV to watch. LOL. I was too young to know about carbon monoxide at the time. Looking back on it I wonder how the carbon monoxide issues were dealt with. But apparently it is possible to use a camp stove indoors, or I wouldn't be here to talk about it.

True story, when I was a kid in elementary school, the gas and electricity to the building we lived in was cut off. I won't go into the details of how that happened, but it took my parents about six weeks to find another place for us to live. Meanwhile my uncle loaned my parents a camp stove just like the one in the picture, and some type of portable gas heater. The gas heater was inadequate to heat our apartment and my uncle replaced that with a wood burning stove that he ventilated into a chimney. But we used the gas heater for a few days, and my mother continued to cook for us on the camp stove, until we moved the next month. Life pretty much went on as normal for us, except we didn't have TV to watch. LOL. I was too young to know about carbon monoxide at the time. Looking back on it I wonder how the carbon monoxide issues were dealt with. But apparently it is possible to use a camp stove indoors, or I wouldn't be here to talk about it.

We had to use a gas camp stove years ago for a week when the Gas company had some kind of problem and whoever had gas in their home were all in the same predicament. No problem with it. If our stove had of been all electric it wouldn't have affected us.

How was sleuthing skills? Not a competition, but did wonder how I was guessing/my sleuthing skills. I leaned towards woods and a bystander finding them and their thinking something was off about tc and ET like in the Hannah Anderson case. I did think he was narcissistic or similar. Seems to be the case with his controlling personality and his anger issue did show when dealing with the commune. He, also, seemed to think he could just show up and they would accept him with open arms.
I didn't, however, think he would want communal living. I was wrong there. And..
I thought he would have a way better plan since he was smart. Wrong there.
But very thankful for a happy ending!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sort of odd to me that investigators jumped to some rather unseemly conclusions about coconut oil. It's a staple in our house. Great for many things.

One thing I do wonder though is if either of the two recently got tattoos. I have a friend who owns a tat shop and he tells his clients to use coconut oil as part of routine aftercare.

I hope TC goes to court, because I would like to see how they are going to make a case based on the evidence they have. But I suspect there will be a plea bargain.

We had to use a gas camp stove years ago for a week when the Gas company had some kind of problem and whoever had gas in their home were all in the same predicament. No problem with it. If our stove had of been all electric it wouldn't have affected us.

It seems like a few other people in this thread use camp stoves indoors too. It's apparently not that uncommon, or unsafe. If it's just your gas out the easiest solution is probably to just use an electric hotplate.

It seems like a few other people in this thread use camp stoves indoors too. It's apparently not that uncommon, or unsafe. If it's just your gas out the easiest solution is probably to just use an electric hotplate.

Yeah an electric hotplate would of done the job, but we had the portable camp stove with the gas in the garage so just used that. We didn't know how long the gas would be out for but when a couple of days turned into a week it was a bit much lol. Went to my parents house a couple of times for meals too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo