Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #15 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this is a repost....

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/04/...g-mental-health-treatment-says-family-lawyer/

Elizabeth Thomas is in a ‘safe location’ getting mental health treatment, says family lawyer.

and

On a personal note, I met Elizabeth for the first time. I was taken aback by who she really is,” Whatley said. Elizabeth is a little child. She could easily pass for 12. The primary photo used and reprinted so many times by law enforcement, the media, and even our office, is inaccurate. This was the abduction of an impressionable little child.”

Just have to vent a little. Is anyone else really peeved when they read a headline that says TC was "relieved it was over."
It infuriates me! HE is glad it's over?!

It's a perfect example of TC being a charming manipulator because it was the perfect thing for him to say at that moment.

I hate it was repeated by LE because it's utter nonsense and I hope the Feds don't fall for that BS too.

True story, when I was a kid in elementary school, the gas and electricity to the building we lived in was cut off. I won't go into the details of how that happened, but it took my parents about six weeks to find another place for us to live. Meanwhile my uncle loaned my parents a camp stove just like the one in the picture, and some type of portable gas heater. The gas heater was inadequate to heat our apartment and my uncle replaced that with a wood burning stove that he ventilated into a chimney. But we used the gas heater for a few days, and my mother continued to cook for us on the camp stove, until we moved the next month. Life pretty much went on as normal for us, except we didn't have TV to watch. LOL. I was too young to know about carbon monoxide at the time. Looking back on it I wonder how the carbon monoxide issues were dealt with. But apparently it is possible to use a camp stove indoors, or I wouldn't be here to talk about it.
Me too. We had an ice storm in Atlanta in the Early 70's. My dad had a similar stove and the neighborhood literally made a sign up sheet to come cook on it. That thing ran 24/7 for 3-4 days.
We had a fireplace for warmth, but we had the rest of the house closed off. I am surprised that we didn't get CO2 poisoning. Maybe propane doesn't produce as much CO2 as gas?? I don't know.

MOO

It does smack of making it sound like he was the victim here. I'm sure it's a card he's played all his life. Let's see how relieved he is when he goes to court. I'd be more inclined to believe that if he comes clean, admits he stalked and groomed a child for his perverse pleasure and then abducted her. Admit to that and I'll believe his "relief".
I agree. It's "over" because he won't have access to young teenage girls in prison. So he won't be tempted. IMO

How was sleuthing skills? Not a competition, but did wonder how I was guessing/my sleuthing skills. I leaned towards woods and a bystander finding them and their thinking something was off about tc and ET like in the Hannah Anderson case. I did think he was narcissistic or similar. Seems to be the case with his controlling personality and his anger issue did show when dealing with the commune. He, also, seemed to think he could just show up and they would accept him with open arms.
I didn't, however, think he would want communal living. I was wrong there. And..
I thought he would have a way better plan since he was smart. Wrong there.
But very thankful for a happy ending!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My sleuthing skills were average or below.

What I was right about
1. They didn't ditch the Rogue
2. He switched the plates, not the car
3. Being seen in OKC was not a deliberate diversion
4. They didn't go to Mexico
5. They didn't plan to camp, at least not exclusively
6. They'd be caught when they ran out of money and needed gas/food

What I was wrong about
1. They wouldn't come to California, unless it was the warmer parts (dead wrong about that!)
2. They went to Texas, New Mexico, Arizona or Nevada (except Nevada)
3. They blend in like father and daughter (idiot tried to pass for newlyweds)
4. If they were camping at all, they'd go somewhere warm
5. I never in a million years thought they'd go to a commune
6. They had enough money to last 3-6 months

What I learned:
1. Keep an open mind.
2. Criminals don't think like us
3. LE doesn't tell the public everything, making it challenging to sleuth

Like you, I am just glad (overjoyed!) that Elizabeth is home safe, and am not in competition with anyone.

This terrifies me. "She's in a good place mentally"?? This poor girl probably hasn't been in a good place mentally in her whole life, let alone now. I'm just sick thinking the adults in her life are seriously this delusional.
:yeahthat:

Amen to that!

This poor child has had two horrible excuses for "adults" in her life; one was her own mother and the other a trusted teacher!! That has to be pretty damaging. Hopefully, she will get a lot of help now, but it's been a long, sad road for Elizabeth so far.

Wow! This is the first report that I've seen where it says they stayed at the commune. Sounds like I may have been spot on with one of my suspicions about TC, that he is a hot-head and a bully. Poor Elizabeth had to have suffered so much having to deal with that old nasty pervert. :(

Members of the commune said Cummins and Thomas arrived around two weeks ago unannounced, claiming they had learned of the community through a documentary film they'd seen.

This is the link to the Black Bear Ranch documentary they must have watched.

Sadly, this must have been their planned destination. This is not paradise[emoji46]

*Warning nudity and long
https://youtu.be/P9kxN7-_Fuc

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-clothing-optional-commune.html#ixzz4ezp1eUMu
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

This poor girl.... I'm glad she was found, but her ordeal is going to be a thousand times longer than his 39 days...

Questions:

Does the Daily Mail pay people for being interviewed?

Will the two people that were interviewed by the Daily Mail be subpoenaed as witnesses?

IMOO.

Strange... it is like night and day... the Daily Mail interview seems to portray Tad and ET differently in that interview than how they seemed to act in the last place they were when they were apprehended by law enforcement....
IMOO.

April said Cummins and Thomas also had a bizarre ritual that raised eye-brows among the residents.
'Joanna (Thomas) would stand in front of him with her arms in the air and say, 'up, up, up', like she was a small child asking to be lifted, and he'd smile and lift her up. It was so weird, like a father picking up his daughter.
'They would also be whispering to each other all the time, we'd be all talking at the table and they would be whispering secrets.
'They would make childish jokes with each other and laugh at talk of penises or vaginas, it was as if he was coming down to her maturity level.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-clothing-optional-commune.html#ixzz4ezvT1K9t
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

😔 I feel sick! In so many ways!
MOO
ETA : Not about the commune, about what TC has done to her. He is such a hippocrit!

Dear God. I hope these people are subpoenaed for his trial, that's so disturbing.

It's rather odd that the article keeps saying they were kicked out for being "Christians" and the people saying they don't allow any religion at the commune but this says they allow all religions.

It's so stupid that he tried to pass her off as 20+ years old. She barely looks her age let alone several years older. But at least him being a moron led to them going to the cabin and, ultimately, them being found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elle C