Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #15 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry :eek:fftopic: and late reading here!

Alethea said:
Hi Bently and all! This is off topic, but have you been following any interesting trials lately? I'm a lawyer on sabbatical and want to follow a few interesting ones but not sure where to start on here...Thanks!

first -

:welcome6: to WS!

Here's a few trials that will be starting:
Holly Bobo was murdered
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-deceased-discussion-thread-*Arrests*-8/page3
Trial starts July 10th

Karen Shahan murdered her husband
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...husband-charged-Homewood-23-July-2013-2/page6
Trial starts in May - check the link for the date

another one is Vincent Viafore was murdered by his fiancé
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ent-Viafore-46-Newburgh-19-April-2015-2/page5
Trial starts June 13th

and you can go to the "Trials" section here and check out other ones also!

:greetings:

TC needs to change the descriptor under his Twitter handle from "Jesus freak" to just "FREAK!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What was I right about.

They went straight for a commune.

What was I wrong about.

It wasn't an Amish type commune.

Far from it. Lol

You were close! I never thought it would be a commune. I was leaning toward one of the long extended missionary trips in Mexico or Central America.

I'm in CA and never thought they would show up here due to so much news coverage here on practically a daily basis. I was blown away when I saw they were arrested here on my local news.

Coconut oil works great for shaving your legs when you don't have access to a lot of running water. Could be what it was used for. JMO

Oh BTW some of us weren't sure if the jar in the cabin was alfredo sauce or coconut oil but according to NBC news last night she reported from inside the cabin that it was indeed coconut oil.

I don't even want to think about what they used it for. Puke

<mod snip>

ET is a child. At the age of being incapable of making mature decisions on whether or not it's healthy or smart, to do what she did. At an age where it is illegal for TC to have done what he did, as well as immoral, on every level. There's a reason states have age of consent laws.

http://www.newschannel5.com/news/reward-to-be-given-to-amber-alert-tipster?autoplay=true

"Chandler Anderson said he wants to fly Griffin Barry to Columbia and physically hand him the check.

"We want people to see the guy that brought Elizabeth home and we want him to see the gravity of it because this community has been changed by this," he said.

Anderson is waiting to hear back from Barry. He said if for some reason he doesn't want to accept the reward, the check will go to Elizabeth's father."

TC needs to change the descriptor under his Twitter handle from "Jesus freak" to just "FREAK!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol that's a good one. I sure hope they don't use some kind of insanity defense. The letter he left JC said something along the lines he needed to leave to get his head straight.

You were close! I never thought it would be a commune. I was leaning toward one of the long extended missionary trips in Mexico or Central America.

I'm in CA and never thought they would show up here due to so much news coverage here on practically a daily basis. I was blown away when I saw they were arrested here on my local news.

I was blown away when I read that the commune members preferred to have people wash dishes and do chores butt naked. Especially in that dirty environment.

I'm just glad they didn't come across one that would have killed TC and took ET as a slave.

So she is very lucky. Jmo.

It is just comical to me that the caption under the two people lying in the filthy bathtub together,mentions that they felt that Tad and ET were "off" and "weird".
Who would give an interview in a bathtub? LOL!!!!!

IMOO.

Yeah. I noticed the irony in the whole thing. Not just the interview location (ha ha), but these are eccentric, eclectic people living outside societal norms.

That being said, I think by weird or off they meant in the general sense of feeling something is wrong- not what it seems. That gut feeling that raises your hackles.

He does appear to have supporters in the form of internet trolls and 50+ year old men who think the girl was just "horny". But, I am trying not to take these people serious as her case has gained much attention from trolls who have nothing good to do with their lives.

I find it likely, ( in a horrified kind of way), that there are truly a ton of situations of men and under age girls out there on the 'Down-low' that we will never get wind of...It's not something that's rare, imo.

Historically it has been somewhat 'excused' when this abuse is perpetrated, by wealthy/famous men. And it has been, many, many times. (Elvis, Jerry Lee lewis, Roman polanski too name a few...)
http://www.xojane.com/issues/what-is...ry-young-girls

And what is it about our society that made Hustler Magazine's "Barely Legal" such an enormous success?

One can hardly deny that the Internet is awash with sexual ads, depicting girls who look as young as humanly possible without needing a diaper! s/

Obviously, the market demand is there. There is just no getting around it.

So, as a society, when we condone all that, or at least look away...how then, when the gross reality of situations like this case come to light, can we profess outrage, and act like such men are as rare as serial killers?

Does no one else find it concerning that there is a rather large population of men who are enjoying fantasizing about children, ( I know they are called, "young women" but just look at them!). And if this is the case, surly there's a lot more "inappropriate behavior" going on than we will ever hear about.

I was blown away when I read that the commune members preferred to have people wash dishes and do chores butt naked. Especially in that dirty environment.

I'm just glad they didn't come across one that would have killed TC and took ET as a slave.

So she is very lucky. Jmo.

There are murderous communes out there? Besides Charles Manson's group in the 60's-70's, who murdered strangers to start a race war, I haven't heard of any communes involved in murder. Or preying upon people who show up at their property.

Also, nothing about what happened to her is lucky.

http://www.newschannel5.com/news/reward-to-be-given-to-amber-alert-tipster?autoplay=true

"Chandler Anderson said he wants to fly Griffin Barry to Columbia and physically hand him the check.

"We want people to see the guy that brought Elizabeth home and we want him to see the gravity of it because this community has been changed by this," he said.

Anderson is waiting to hear back from Barry. He said if for some reason he doesn't want to accept the reward, the check will go to Elizabeth's father."

Bravo!! Great citizen his kind gestures turned $40 into $50,000 he's so deserving.

This really makes me smile. [emoji1317]

Bbm

Why not give it to the commune if the guy doesn't accept it? Especially since they gave her 2 weeks of safe shelter and kept a eye on her while leading them to the last cabin they eventually got caught at.

Or just give the man the check and let him decide. But they shouldn't say if he doesn't want it, than ........?

Imo. Thats like hinting that he hopefully lets the dad keep the check. Jmo.

And not starting no trouble.

Questions:

Does the Daily Mail pay people for being interviewed?

Will the two people that were interviewed by the Daily Mail be subpoenaed as witnesses?

IMOO.

they pay Casey Anthony, 20 grand a pop I heard

What worries me is some websites like CNN reporting unless she testifies he forced her to go against her will the case could crumble because of the Tennessee law that girls over age 12 can make the decision to go willingly.

Okay so IANAL so my interpretation may be completely wrong but I'm gonna take a stab at this issue.

So Tennessee defines kidnapping as "false imprisonment as defined in § 39-13-302, under circumstances exposing the other person to substantial risk of bodily injury."

False imprisonment is defined as "A person commits the offense of false imprisonment who knowingly removes or confines another unlawfully so as to interfere substantially with the other's liberty."

The keyword here being unlawfully because in their definitions, they state:

""Unlawful" means, with respect to removal or confinement, one that is accomplished by force, threat or fraud, or, in the case of a person who is under the age of thirteen (13) or incompetent, accomplished without the consent of a parent, guardian or other person responsible for the general supervision of the minor's or incompetent's welfare."

So basically what this is saying (if I understand correctly) is that him taking her away would only be "unlawful" if she can agree that he did force, threaten or defraud her in some way. If she was under 13 then it would apply regardless of how it was done.

The prosecution probably has their work cut out for them but I have a feeling there's probably enough evidence to show a threat, force and/or fraud even if ET doesn't believe that occured. Also, there's a chance she will come to terms with what happened and see what he did to manipulate her by the time this goes to trial.

I find it likely, ( in a horrified kind of way), that there are truly a ton of situations of men and under age girls out there on the 'Down-low' that we will never get wind of...It's not something that's rare, imo.

Historically it has been somewhat 'excused' when this abuse is perpetrated, by wealthy/famous men. And it has been, many, many times. (Elvis, Jerry Lee lewis, Roman polanski too name a few...)
http://www.xojane.com/issues/what-is...ry-young-girls

And what is it about our society that made Hustler Magazine's "Barely Legal" such an enormous success?

One can hardly deny that the Internet is awash with sexual ads, depicting girls who look as young as humanly possible without needing a diaper! s/

Obviously, the market demand is there. There is just no getting around it.

So, as a society, when we condone all that, or at least look away...how then, when the gross reality of situations like this case come to light, can we profess outrage, and act like such men are as rare as serial killers?

Does no one else find it concerning that there is a rather large population of men who are enjoying fantasizing about children, ( I know they are called, "young women" but just look at them!). And if this is the case, surly there's a lot more "inappropriate behavior" going on than we will ever hear about.

This just happened near me next city over. Unbelievable!!! Check this out. Sickening who can you trust these days!!

https://www.google.com/amp/www.lati...*advertiser censored*-20170420-story,amp.html

Bbm

Why not give it to the commune if the guy doesn't accept it? Especially since they gave her 2 weeks of safe shelter and kept a eye on her while leading them to the last cabin they eventually got caught at.

Or just give the man the check and let him decide. But they shouldn't say if he doesn't want it, than ........?

Imo. Thats like hinting that he hopefully lets the dad keep the check. Jmo.

And not starting no trouble.

Agreed !

There's been a few of these cases where they end up here. But those were in LA or San Francisco. Bigger cities.

It's a perfect example of TC being a charming manipulator because it was the perfect thing for him to say at that moment.

I hate it was repeated by LE because it's utter nonsense and I hope the Feds don't fall for that BS too.

I see it a bit differently. I think he said that he was glad it was over because he can't stand not having the upper hand. " Oh, you caught me? Good, I wanted to it to be over." That sort of mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en