Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #15 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
hopefully so, treelights. IMO the brainwashing he's done over so many months (possibly even from fall semester) will take a serious amount of time to undo, as per the mental health and trauma professionals. ET just might not be psychologically able to testify in court with him sitting across the room...perhaps if they are able to unwind the damage he's done, the prosecution could submit a video testimony?

what would the ramifications be if ET isn't emotionally ready to testify come trial time...does the prosecution NEED her testimony?

There's a lot of "depends" to that question. To begin with, the State is the party taking TC to court, not ET. This is a bit different than a civil case in which there is a defendant and a plaintiff, the plaintiff here is the State so ET's testimony doesn't carry as much weight as if she was the plaintiff. The same holds true if a man beats his wife and his wife refuses to testify against him because she "loves" him and wants him home. The State steps in and is the plaintiff. Same with the Federal case. So all the State has to do is prove intent. Did TC intend to have relations with a minor. That's where the evidence comes into play. Now all this may be moot if TC just agrees to the charges and really is "glad it's over" and does the right thing. So it all depends on what happens when TC responds to the charges. Hopefully he'll spare everyone the agony, admit to his guilt and further "relieve" himself of this situation.

The items that were taken per search warrant it seems were all for DNA testing. They probably have plenty of evidence to prove charges, so, no need to take anything from the commune, except maybe witness statements or a deposition. JMO

I can imagine Tad having visions of eventually running some commune... sort of like Jim Jones! Delusions of grandeur.
Bingo. Dont you love hoe he explains away the commune members making them leave as predjudice? As if it has to be a flaw of the commune and not that he was doing something wrong. I have to wonder if JC isnt a little relieved he gave her a way out of that marriage.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I posted a couple of days ago if Tad suddenly came to his senses and were smart he would plead guilty and start serving his sentence. When will he get an attorney or council? Is it Monday at the arraignment and he's appointed one? This is such a chocolate mess. How are his assets tied up, such as his retirement, equity in his home, etc...his wife filed for divorce so how does his arrest impact her?

I'm still trying to get past them in bed all day, but showering with their clothes on! ��

Sent from my DL1008M using Tapatalk

I'm still way back to being a christian and committing adultery, statutory rape, deserting his family, lying and stealing. Last I checked those weren't good qualifications for being a christian.

In this case. She shouldn't testify. Jmo.

The defense lawyer will victim blame her to a pulp which could possibly leave her suicidal.

So let the commune members verify certain tings incourt instead of her. Jmo.

Plus they have a slam dunk kidnapping case as well. So keep it simple.

There's a lot of "depends" to that question. To begin with, the State is the party taking TC to court, not ET. This is a bit different than a civil case in which there is a defendant and a plaintiff, the plaintiff here is the State so ET's testimony doesn't carry as much weight as if she was the plaintiff. The same holds true if a man beats his wife and his wife refuses to testify against him because she "loves" him and wants him home. The State steps in and is the plaintiff. Same with the Federal case. So all the State has to do is prove intent. Did TC intend to have relations with a minor. That's where the evidence comes into play. Now all this may be moot if TC just agrees to the charges and really is "glad it's over" and does the right thing. So it all depends on what happens when TC responds to the charges. Hopefully he'll spare everyone the agony, admit to his guilt and further "relieve" himself of this situation.

Great post. What kind of plea deal could they offer him for a guilty plea usually they will drop a charge or two. I know with no criminal history that goes into consideration as with the bail amount.

I posted a couple of days ago if Tad suddenly came to his senses and were smart he would plead guilty and start serving his sentence. When will he get an attorney or council? Is it Monday at the arraignment and he's appointed one? This is such a chocolate mess. How are his assets tied up, such as his retirement, equity in his home, etc...his wife filed for divorce so how does his arrest impact her?

well, she can have him served now.

Does anyone have a link to validate the rumor going around that a 13 year old can move out of their parents home in TN and there's nothing the parents can do about it?
I've searched and every valid link I have found says parents in TN have legal guardianship until the age of 18 unless the child has been emancipated by a judge by proving they would be better off living separate from their parents.

https://www.1800runaway.org/2015/08/move-out-at-17-runaway-laws-southern-states/

http://statelaws.findlaw.com/tennessee-law/tennessee-legal-ages-laws.html

Also, the age of consent in TN is 18, unless the partner is within 4 years of age to the child.

http://www.ageofconsent.com/tennessee.htm

http://family.findlaw.com/marriage/state-by-state-marriage-age-of-consent-laws.html

I'm thinking about his retirement and any equity, will he have access to it or will she get it? I hope she gets it and he doesn't.

I don't disagree dexter but with the note to his wife about his "state of mind" and another poster's mention of an insanity or mentally altered defense, I can't get the horror of him getting away with this out of my mind...especially with that Tennessee law loophole of age 13 vs. 15...:banghead:

now that our prayers have been answered and she's home safe...let's pray for her rehabilitation in therapy...

oops just saw everybodhi's post...perhaps no loophole at all...disregard previous post...

That's why after the trial ETs Family will file a civil suit against TC but he doesn't have a pot to pee in and after this he sure will never gain employment unless he gets a book deal but he can't profit from that. Maybe proceeds would go to ET if there is a judgement He filed bankruptcy once or twice. Her Father best bet go after the school and district which I think may have already started.

I don't disagree dexter but with the note to his wife about his "state of mind" and another poster's mention of an insanity or mentally altered defense, I can't get the horror of him getting away with this out of my mind...especially with that Tennessee law loophole of age 13 vs. 15...:banghead:

now that our prayers have been answered and she's home safe...let's pray for her rehabilitation in therapy...

Do you have a link to the loophole?
I can't find anything about it.

She could pass for 18. Especially to those commune members. But not 24 though.

But I think they would have been more alert if she was looking scared of him or something. So I don't think they thought she was 15 honestly.

But definitely younger than 24. Jmo

I don't think she would pass for 15. The lawyer said she looked really young and the photos distributed of her look Nothing like her. Add that with the fact that he was able to pick her up tells me she is tiny. There is no way I could pick up my 13 year old. Much less a 15 year old unless they were really small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay