Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #15 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not as strict as state. Old friend of the family in state prison he would love to go to a federal prison.

Yup good old club fed. My best friends dad did an 8 year stint there and it wasn't that bad considering his crimes. Much cushier than state

That's right if she goes through with it. I know she still loves him. I think she filed per her attorney request to save the assets
That's what I'm wondering. He could plead and get out sooner vs later and restart his life. I'm just tossed about which way he'll elect to go.

The "fuzz" ? Was the guy in his 70's ? :floorlaugh:

I do sincerely hope that the jury too doesn't discredit these folks or laugh with their lifestyle. The defense may have a field day with such attitude imo

I don't disagree dexter but with the note to his wife about his "state of mind" and another poster's mention of an insanity or mentally altered defense, I can't get the horror of him getting away with this out of my mind...especially with that Tennessee law loophole of age 13 vs. 15...:banghead:

now that our prayers have been answered and she's home safe...let's pray for her rehabilitation in therapy...

The legal definition of "insanity" would never hold up here. And the law doesn't give 2 squats about anyone's depression, or low self esteem, or midlife crisis, or whatever the hell else this problems might be.

He won't walk. I promise you that.

Perfect...

so 10 days on the ranch (some would round to 2 weeks)
2 days at the cabin.

ETA - who's on first?

Only people who can't do math round 10 to 14.
Doesn't ETA mean "estimated time of arrival"?

Federal case = federal law. TN law has nothing to do with this now. JMO

I don't disagree dexter but with the note to his wife about his "state of mind" and another poster's mention of an insanity or mentally altered defense, I can't get the horror of him getting away with this out of my mind...especially with that Tennessee law loophole of age 13 vs. 15...:banghead:

now that our prayers have been answered and she's home safe...let's pray for her rehabilitation in therapy...

thanks mountain kat...and everybodhi, I don't have a link but it has been posted multiple times, it's something about the stupid "left willingly" clause and that Tennessee still has that age listed as 13 (older than 13 can "leave willingly"). i'll try to find it...

Does anyone have a link to validate the rumor going around that a 13 year old can move out of their parents home in TN and there's nothing the parents can do about it?
I've searched and every valid link I have found says parents in TN have legal guardianship until the age of 18 unless the child has been emancipated by a judge by proving they would be better off living separate from their parents.

https://www.1800runaway.org/2015/08/move-out-at-17-runaway-laws-southern-states/

http://statelaws.findlaw.com/tennessee-law/tennessee-legal-ages-laws.html

Also, the age of consent in TN is 18, unless the partner is within 4 years of age to the child.

http://www.ageofconsent.com/tennessee.htm

http://family.findlaw.com/marriage/state-by-state-marriage-age-of-consent-laws.html

I missed that? Where did someone say a 13 year old can make those decisions?

thanks expatCanada (if new folks haven't already figured it out the rabbit can't thank nor quote posts on ye olde laptop)...:doh:

thanks mountain kat...and everybodhi, I don't have a link but it has been posted multiple times, it's something about the stupid "left willingly" clause and that Tennessee still has that age listed as 13 (older than 13 can "leave willingly"). i'll try to find it...
But the age of majority in TN in still 18.

The press mentions sex acts done with more description between 15year old boys and female teachers as well. Jmo.

What any grown woman sees in a 15-year-old boy is beyond my comprehension. JMO.

I do sincerely hope that the jury too doesn't discredit these folks or laugh with their lifestyle. The defense may have a field day with such attitude imo

Listen, I'm not going to feel bad about having a giggle over posing for pics in a dirty bath tub and breaking out a ukulele for an interview. Those were stupid, goofy antics on their part, and if they didn't want me to laugh, then they should grow the hell up and realize the seriousness of the subject matter they are running their mouths about while acting like circus monkeys.

I just calls them likes I sees them.

I'm still trying to get past them in bed all day, but showering with their clothes on! 😫

Sent from my DL1008M using Tapatalk

I'm guessing they were outdoor showers and they would have had to be naked in front of other people. If that's the case, I'm glad she was able to cover up.

Do you have a link to the loophole?
I can't find anything about it.

I wrote about the kidnapping age loophole here, I think that's what everyone is referring to. The gist is that it's not considered kidnapping if you take a teenager in Tennessee who's 13 or older from their home as long as there is no fraud, force or threats involved. There are additional laws for parents with custody agreements that can overrule this.

But keep in mind that Federal charges are going to trump state charges so it's all irrelevant now and besides that, there is no age loophole for statutory rape so if there are charges brought in Tennessee as well, he'd still get some jail time for that too.

What any grown woman sees in a 15-year-old boy is beyond my comprehension. JMO.

Just like grown men with 15 year old girls, I suspect it is issues with dominance and control.
MOO

How do they support themselves? Food stamps, SSI, Medicaid all their necessities ? maybe they grow their own food but what about other needs? I used to live up north near Berkeley and have never heard of this place. Strange. That commune was full of junk, pack rat clutter. but probably not to them and could easily catch fire like the Oakland Ghostship fire. I saw stoves and candles in there and people smoked like the guy in the interview. I highly doubt their was any smoke detectors installed.

Yes, and this is how he showed protection for the girl he so-called loved...by putting her in harms way?! He didn't know the people in the commune or the building's safety. Just one more way of disregarding the teen's safety.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Me too. We had an ice storm in Atlanta in the Early 70's. My dad had a similar stove and the neighborhood literally made a sign up sheet to come cook on it. That thing ran 24/7 for 3-4 days.
We had a fireplace for warmth, but we had the rest of the house closed off. I am surprised that we didn't get CO2 poisoning. Maybe propane doesn't produce as much CO2 as gas?? I don't know.

MOO

A quick Google search says they do emit some carbon monoxide, so you should open a window or door when using them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en