Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just reread both threads and couldn't find any absolute confirmation that they left together or are still together.

I absolutely believe they are, but has LE said they DID LEAVE together or that they're BELIEVED to have left together.

There's always a chance they are in different locations now, perhaps she's hiding while he goes out. Or even a tiny chance they never even did leave together?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He picked her up at Shoneys restaurant. They left together. She also informed her sibling she would be with him and if not home by 6 to contact LE

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

I believe that report is wrong. That letter was dated February 6, not February 5. The school administration memorandum dated February 8 also refers to the letter from "Whatley and Associate dated 02/06/2017".

I noticed that, I updated:

https://mgtvwkrn.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/thomas-packet-to-media.pdf

01/23/2017 Alleged incident takes place
01/24/2017 Incident reported to school officials
01/25/2017 School administration began investigation
01/26/2017 School administration begin interviewing all parties, including students, staff and administration.
01/27/2017 ET is removed from TC's class by school administration.
01/30/2017 School administration finish interviewing parties.
01/31/2017 School administration is notified by LE that TC was the subject of a criminal investigation. MCPS turns over all known information to LE.
01/31/2017 The principal instructs TC not to allow ET into his classroom
01/31/2017 LE contacts AT and informs him of the incident
01/31/2017 AT contacts the School Principal but was unable to get an answer
02/01/2017 AT contacts the Superintendent about the incident - "Amanda", an HR Manager, says investigation not complete, school assured him that no communication or contact between ET and TC would take place
02/03/2017 ET is seen in TCs classroom from 12:11PM to 12:44PM
02/03/2017 TC is officially reprimanded for violating the the January 31 directive
02/03/2017 TC is officially reprimanded for non professional conduct
02/??/2017 ET is given in-school suspension
02/06/2017 AT through his attorney demands the school ensure there will be no contact between TC and ET and that the father be updated on what school officials had learned. Upon inspection of her cellphone, the two were still having telephone communications
02/06/2017 TC is suspended without pay at 8AM
02/06/2017 "Amanda" from Superintendent's office spoke with Principal Love concerning the 02/06/17 Letter from AT's counsel
02/08/2017 "Amanda" from Superintendent's office prepares memo regarding her conversation with Love on 02/06/17
02/??/2017 Faculty and staff have been discussing this issue at school and on at least one occasion in a derogatory tone and manner about the student
02/??/2017 Faculty assures Love that efforts have been made to advise students/faculty to refrain from discussing the incident

03/13/2017 TC abducts ET
03/14/2017 TC is terminated from his employment

He picked her up at Shoneys restaurant. They left together. She also informed her sibling she would be with him and if not home by 6 to contact LE

Link?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

She told her siblings she was spending the day with friends.

The most unnerving thing is that she told her sister to call the police if she didn't get home by 6 pm. I don't think she totally trusted him.
So why are they not spotted somewhere together? Lord willing she is ok.
JMO

I must've missed this. Where was this reported? Does sounds like a hugely important fact.

If she thought she was coming back soon what does #missioncomplete mean?

When did the school notify LE about the incident? Am I missing where that is stated?

From what I have read, it appears they did not. LE contacted the school administration about it. My gut feeling is that AT's attorney tipped off LE, before the school had a chance to notify them. AT and his attorney seemed to be unwilling to wait for the school administration to complete their investigation.

I wanted to add something from my experience in the field of education.

Sometimes there are variances that allow certain tracks of classes--like career prep oriented ones, for ex--to be taught by someone without a teaching degree.

Also, even with regular classes, there are variances schools can apply for if they want to hire an uncertified teacher. They usually can if they can demonstrate no certified teachers with the necessary skills and experience applied for the job. Often a situation like this is temporary only, but some do allow an uncertified teacher to stay in the job as long as they are working toward their own certification.

I don't know which of these might apply. In Michigan, a teacher's certification can be looked up at the Dept of Ed site. Has anyone tried to look his certification up?

He only holds an associates degree. He is not a certified teacher, nor has a degree in education. My mind is fried right now, so please don't quote me on this...but I believe his associates was for respiratory therapy or something like that.

Link?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
On Monday,*Thomas' brother told Channel 4*that Thomas told their other sister to call police if she was not home by 6 o'clock.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/34964033/...-alleged-relationship-between-student-teacher

( Sent from WSMV )

Jill Cummins added she is heartbroken for the family of Elizabeth Thomas, the 15-year-old who was last seen in Columbia on Monday.

"Tad, this is not you. This is not who you are. We can help you get through this," Jill Cummins said.

"Please do the right thing, bring Elizabeth back home," she added.

District Attorney Brent Cooper announced Tad Cummins now faces an aggravated kidnapping charge.

I'm local I have followed every update and article. These things are stated in multiple articles.

She told her siblings she was spending the day with friends.
On Monday,*Thomas' brother told Channel 4*that Thomas told their other sister to call police if she was not home by 6 o'clock.
Link to that because I see something different.

I just wanted to re-state my hypothesis which coincides with Steelman:

I think they are under the illusion that they are in love and that theirs is an "us vs. the world" love story that no one else can understand.

I don't think he intends to kill her, but I do think it's possible he brought the guns for protection from officers...or that he sold them.

I don't rule out that his state of mind could be compromised to the point that he would harm her if she tried to leave.

I think he is educated and a planner. If he left a community and church where he had some "status," that tells me he went all in.

I agree with others that he may have returned to a remote area that he is already familiar with and be lodged under a different name. If it were me, I would go toward the open west where people would be less familiar with the case and off the grid living might be more normalized.

I think it's possible that he went all in on the ideal life and took the risk of leaving the country. If he did this, my guess is he obtained travel documents in the names of people they knew rather than buying fake ones off the black market.

I think wherever they are, they have changed their appearance and are keeping to themselves.

The best bet, in my mind, is to get as much info as they can from any friend or sibling she confided in. To take his life apart and look at all previous devices and credit cards to see what places he has investigated. And to work with social media providers to subpoena IP addresses for any device that logs into their specific accounts.

If she becomes unhappy, hopefully she will subtly get the word out about her location without telling him and causing tension.

Do you really think they disappeared separately and have not been sighted in 8 days? Both their phones pinged in Decatur Alabama

I don't exclude the possibility of them camping out somewhere. I noticed on her instagram a picture of a deer upside down saying "first one of the season." It seems to me that she likes hunting which could mean she likes camping, fishing, etc.

Is there not a way that LE could look at security cameras around Decatur when the ping occurred?

And there are plenty of camp grounds here in Alabama that are large. There's also one near gulf shores. I've never been to that particular one but if for some reason a place near a beach was of interest, that would be a good place. Considering that some of the primitive sites are right across from the beach with just tall grass in between from what I've been told.

From what I have read, it appears they did not. LE contacted the school administration about it. My gut feeling is that AT's attorney tipped off LE, before the school had a chance to notify them. AT and his attorney seemed to be unwilling to wait for the school administration to complete their investigation.

GOOD. It's clear the school had no interest in advocating or investigating for the minor student. He did what any parent or guardian should do. He took it seriously in the exact way he should have. Their "investigation" was a joke. JMO

If she thought she was coming back soon what does #missioncomplete mean?

RSBM

Was wondering about that as well.
I bolded it in another post I'd quoted.
Sounds ominous --- it would be nice to think ET meant they were going to 'get married and live happily ever after...'
Hope it's not some suicide pact. :(

Crazy thing just happened to me...

I was in the parking lot of a grocery store (I'm in MD) and i look over and there's a guy sitting in the front seat looking around through his side mirrors. Head was shaved, had a grey beard identical to TC and glasses on. I knew it wasn't him because besides the similarities his face didn't look like him. And then, 5 minutes later I look over and I realized he's sitting in a silver Nissan rogue!!! I sat there and just watched him and he eventually got out and popped the hood of the car. That's when I noticed he had a neck tattoo. I know it wasn't TC but my gosh, my heart dropped to my feet there for a minute.

I don't know how I feel about the siblings in this situation. JMO but the "call the police..." line seems a bit embellished to me. Perhaps to make sure it's taken seriously and not lost in the they are in love narrative JMO

I believe that they really believe they are in love and it's them against the world as others have said. I don't think he will harm her (more than he has) as long as she still "loves" him.

I also believe that this confused girl was literally failed by everyone in her life on just about every possible level. Makes it the perfect storm for a predator to step in and "save" her.[emoji35] That's what cults do. They don't target strong stable people for a reason.

I truly hope this stupid school district learns from this, and puts strict conduct rules banning teachers from engaging with students via social media (if it's not already in place). And then my mind can't wrap around the fact that it's possible the school NEVER would have informed the father if the cops hadn't. Terrible.

All JMO

So I'm not sure if it's been covered, and it's probably not significant anymore (would have been helpful to have seen their IG accounts weeks ago!).....but if you look at their IGs....it's like they are communicating in code with each other. Some of it is just "schmoopy" talk....and some is him or her letting the other know they are "okay" (their posts pick up A LOT after his suspension when they didn't see each other in school every day).....but some are weird, like pictures of gluten free products - but also tagged with "found at Target" or "seen at Walmart". There were restaurant posts of just food but showing where he/she was. Makes me wonder if that was code for where they were supposed to meet. Then the CFA stuff - she worked there.....and he was posting pictures of his meals and cups ew. I wonder if they were meeting at her work - would co-workers be able to provide clues, or the cameras at any of the stores they mention in their posts on those days. Could there be more footage of them shopping and give a picture of what supplies they might have purchased? I just see a lot of veiled stuff here...he posts a himalayan salt lamp.....and then she does.....they were definitely using IG to communicate IMO. I did notice too that neither one follows the other so they were somewhat trying to avoid detection. Because of that, I believe that ANY mention of a specific place (Bora Bora) or type of place (beach) is just to throw off the people who would be looking for them. Except the camping picture of the couple in the back of the van. THAT seems the most likely scenario here. All is my opinion based on my observation of their IG accounts and reading articles.

Def communicating via IG sometimes she posted @bestfriend #love, so she was talking to him. And at times she seems to be answering him. I wonder if he had a secret account, I think she did too because she quit liking his post as herself about 12 weeks ago.

Tad Cummins, 50, who taught forensics at a high school in Culleoka, Tennessee, and Elizabeth Thomas, a freshman, have not been seen for more than a week, leading police to believe that he may be hiding her or that they have fled far from the state.

The teen's father, Anthony Thomas, told HLN's Ashleigh Banfield that he had suspicions something was going on a few days before his daughter disappeared, but that she never mentioned Cummins.
The belongings she took and the ones she left behind "are very confusing," he said, but would not elaborate further, citing the ongoing case.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/21/us/tennessee-teacher-manhunt/

Hmmm...........naturally, none of us have any idea what she took with her, and we aren't going to according to this article. But LE does know what she took with her, and they still have no idea where she is.

How about this, release a list of items she left home with and let US try to figure it out where she was heading.................deal ??

How can holding information back impede an investigation when it doesn't appear to be helping it ?

I'm going back to look at her IG. I read through it Sunday and something keeps bugging me. She posted on one of the pics "finally got my data back" or electronics, something like that but had not stopped posting prior to that. So I wonder what was she using?

I took my daughters cell away every night, until she finished her homework. I wondered why she never put up a fuss. Then my son told me that she could text from her iPod and the Play Station....:doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aurorabae