Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At what time did this sibling disclose this? The further away from the time she was reported missing, the less credibility it has imho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe she was scared. Her sister has been kidnapped I'm not going to call her a liar.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

attachment.php

Attachments

• Elizabeth Thomas - 2nd poster.jpg
    Elizabeth Thomas - 2nd poster.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 355
At this point, they could be anywhere and I have a feeling they're a lot further away than TBI expected at first. I know TC was posting tropical beach pictures on his Instagram, but he could have been trying to make people think they were headed somewhere warm. There are just so many places in the US that they could go and hide without being seen. Much of Maine is deserted this time of year, and if they headed for the Southwest, they'd have their pick of open spaces. There are parts of Arizona/Utah/Nevada where you can go miles without seeing another person. It's one reason why I love Arizona so much...plenty of open space, plus it's warm. Just my opinion, of course. But I'm really getting worried at this point, I thought they would have found them sooner.

If it expire 8/31/2016 he was working as a teacher without ANY license, even this "occupational license"?

Noticed that too. I know that in many states, there is a grace period to get it renewed. For example, he may have not finished required ongoing college credits in time to renew but still have been in the process of renewing.

His license will be permanently revoked now of course so it no longer matters.

Where is the teacher certification? I did not see it. The only certification in his file is for a Licensed Respiratory Therapist. (Page 22 and 23)
On page 26 there is a checkmark next to Occupational Education License (Apprentice Occupational) then on page 28 it appears they are using that License to say it is his teaching license. In the area where it asks for his teacher's license someone made a note and wrote, "needs occupational license".

Is that even valid? Isn't that like saying I should get a teacher's job because I have a drivers license? :p

https://mgtvwkrn.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/thomas-packet-to-media.pdf

I believe it is on page 16. Educator License Information. License Number 000582939

His wife at first tried to cover it up. They punished ET by giving her ISS not Tad they did not inform her parents and they lied about their timeline. I would call it a joke. That's why ET father is suing. They failed to protect the students and ET from Tad.

Do you have a link for his wife trying to cover it up. I have read that multiple times in this thread, but I haven't seen any link for it. Thanks.

In what way was their investigation a joke? They received a report. They interviewed the pesons involved. Then they took action. It looks like a normal investigation to me.
They suspended the student and allowed the teacher to continue teaching.. you don't find that ****ed up?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

In what way was their investigation a joke? They received a report. They interviewed the pesons involved. Then they took action. It looks like a normal investigation to me.

If they took this seriously, the father would have been notified immediately. They would have suspended him when she was seen in his classroom. The adult. The person ina position of responsibility. They know the screwed up. They lied through the media about when he was suspended. Why do you think that is? Because they didn't handle it properly and they were saving face. I'm sure we will never agree and thus and that's fine, but the information is there.

Do you have a link for his wife trying to cover it up. I have read that multiple times in this thread, but I haven't seen any link for it. Thanks.
She works at the School board. Its been reported in the early reports on WSMV channel 4 and news channel 5 our local news for the area. Sorry I do not have a link available as it was early on and this story has since blown up.

I wonder if any of his friends, church friends, colleagues, neighbours has a seasonal cabin that he knows won't be in use for a few more months and has bunkered down there until they move again?

Either that, or he has a family member, friend etc assisting in staying below radar. MOO

At this point, they could be anywhere and I have a feeling they're a lot further away than TBI expected at first. I know TC was posting tropical beach pictures on his Instagram, but he could have been trying to make people think they were headed somewhere warm. There are just so many places in the US that they could go and hide without being seen. Much of Maine is deserted this time of year, and if they headed for the Southwest, they'd have their pick of open spaces. There are parts of Arizona/Utah/Nevada where you can go miles without seeing another person. It's one reason why I love Arizona so much...plenty of open space, plus it's warm. Just my opinion, of course. But I'm really getting worried at this point, I thought they would have found them sooner.
Me too and the longer it goes the less hopeful I am. I don't think they went to the Gulf or Florida its too crowded with Spring Break. I agree with you if they did get out of town they either went North or West. The pings are a red herring IMO

They suspended the student and allowed the teacher to continue teaching.. you don't find that ****ed up?

It was IN SCHOOL suspension as she was told NOT to go to his room. SHE defied and went to his room. HE should have kicked her out. While he is TOTALLY in the wrong, a 15 yr old also should be held accountable for her actions. Not having consequences for authority and rules is WHY many 'children (teens)' are doing what they are doing. While he may have groomed her, etc. SHE chose to go to him after being told not to. You cannot just fire a teacher (termed loosely) because of one CHILDS report until it is investigated.
While i DO believe the school district was very lax because of the wife being connected to the school board, if we start firing or suspending teachers for a report that has NOT been verified yet, EVERY kid who is mad regarding a grade, or being yelled at by a teacher, will 'get even' by making something up. How would that work? I'm seeing both sides of this..... because i do believe a 15 year old is responsible enough to know right from wrong and make their choices, good or bad.
This does not in ANY WAY imply I agree with this 'relationship'. It IS and WAS wrong. However, i grew up the daughter of a cop and a teacher. I knew many teachers outside of school, and did hang out in their rooms while on study hall etc... in high school. There was NOTHING going on, but I could see how it could have been taken differently if seen from outside eyes that DIDN'T KNOW they were family friends and i knew them on a social level also. It was sometimes hard to call them Mr. or Mrs 'last name' when i called the Miss 'first name' at social functions. (and yes, small towns, this happens a LOT)

I think those are strong possibilities: either the family doesn't want to believe she left willingly and is reading her comments through that bias (and I don't blame them on that) or, as you stated, TC didn't want police called until they had a whole day to flee the area and were settled into some remote location.

I think it's probable--given what we know about her posts and the clothes she took--that she went willingly. But, it's possible he told her to just bring a change of clothes, her devices, and some swimwear etc under the ruse that they were just going to spend a special day together. I don't think this is likely. But I do think it's possible.

She went "willingly" in the sense that TC did not hold a gun to her head or a knife to her throat to abduct her.

However, minor children are not at liberty to "willingly" go where they choose, unless they are emancipated by a court. So "willingly" counts for nothing in cases like this.

Just want to note that TC's wife has not been accused of any criminal act. Her husband of many years, with whom she shares children and grandchildren, has abducted a teen girl.

Please keep that in mind when posting.

That is incorrect. TC was not allowed to continue teaching. He was suspended without pay at 8AM on 02/06/2017. ET was given an in-school-suspension, because she was refusing to stay out of TC's classroom, as directed.

He was responsible for stopping it not her. He's in the authority position maybe she deserved ISS but he should not have been in the school from that moment till a complete investigation was done.

She went "willingly" in the sense that TC did not hold a gun to her head or a knife to her throat to abduct her.

However, minor children are not at liberty to "willingly" go where they choose, unless they are emancipated by a court. So "willingly" counts for nothing in cases like this.
Except that she may not be trying to escape.....I think that's where the willingly comes into play...not on the legality...all MOO!

I believe it is on page 16. Educator License Information. License Number 000582939

"Apprentice Occupational Educ" on 09/20/11 with an expiration date of 08/31/16 - marked INACTIVE/SUPERSEDED
"Professional Occupational Educ" on 08/14/14 with an expiration date of 08/31/24 - marked ACTIVE

https://www.tn.gov/assets/entities/education/attachments/cte_lic_occupational_req_adv_prof.pdf

So he started as a teach with the Apprentice, then after 3 years was able to bump up to Professional.

I still don't see how someone with a 2 year specialized AAS degree in respiratory therapy was able to obtain a job as a high school teacher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobkat107