Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan. 24: School officials say they were first notified by another student that Cummins and Thomas were kissing in the classroom. Both of them denied the accusation. Cummins allegedly told students he's a father figure to Thomas and that they had both suffered from an abusive home life.Jan. 25: The next day, an investigation begins within the school system.Jan. 26-30: School officials interview students, staff and administrators about the kissing incident.Jan. 27: Thomas is removed from Cummins' class

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk
Thomas was removed it took till Feb 6 to remove him. He should have been removed before

Maybe to shed some light on how TC was allowed to teach in the first place.

"Health Science.: The health science teacher must hold an associate or higher degree that is related to their health care license. The license, registration or certification must be in an allied health occupation, or as a registered nurse, or in an appropriate medical profession in Tennessee that can be verified by Tennessee Department of Health Licensure or a national license accreditation agency. "

You can find more here: https://www.tn.gov/education/article/apply-for-a-new-teacher-license

Also you might be interested in http://www.teachercertificationdegrees.com/certification/tennessee-alternative/

From my understanding the school was allowed to hire him as long as he was teaching the more vocational type classes until he received his teaching license.

They have been missing for some time. I highly doubt she is happy go lucky hiding with him. We do not know what she does or does want right now. Or how she feels, or what her mental state is. SHE CANNOT CONSENT TO LEAVE WITH HIM. It is not legal. Her IG before this happened was fantasy land with whatever jacked up alternative world he fed her. IMO, she is now likely terrifyingly isolated and in danger.

Worked it out. :)

They have been missing for some time. I highly doubt she is happy go lucky hiding with him. We do not know what she does or does want right now. Or how she feels, or what her mental state is. SHE CANNOT CONSENT TO LEAVE WITH HIM. It is not legal. Her IG before this happened was fantasy land with whatever jacked up alternative world he fed her. IMO, she is now likely terrifyingly isolated and in danger.

It's sort of like how a drunk person can't consent to having sex, even if they say yes. It's still rape and it can end in jail time. A 15 year old girl cannot consent to having a sexual relationship with an adult. Period.

Tad used his position in the school and church to abuse ET. Period he's a manipulator and the school failed her period. It should not have reached this point and could cost this CHILD her LIFE [emoji36] [emoji35] [emoji202] MOO

Unfortunately, there are many people in society that relate and feel compassion for abusers. Especially, with teen victims. I see it everyday. There are people who refuse to believe that a teenager is a true victim. It is so mindbogglingly common.

:(

Tad also put a microwave in his class only ET was allowed to use. That's highly inappropriate. He was giving her special privelages. MOO

It's sort of like how a drunk person can't consent to having sex, even if they say yes. It's still rape and it can end in jail time. A 15 year old girl cannot consent to having a sexual relationship with an adult. Period.

I do not see anyone arguing this point.

Unfortunately, there are many people in society that relate and feel compassion for abusers. Especially, with teen victims. I see it everyday. There are people who refuse to believe that a teenager is a true victim. It is so mindbogglingly common.

Maybe because I have one or because I was abused at 12 by a 23 yr old for many years but I know at 15 she's not mature enough or thinking right. At one point I wanted to marry my abuser and have kids only when I became a mother did I realize he's a pedophile.

I do realize she cannot legally consent, No need to scream.

It was for emphasis, not meant in anger. (I have a really hard time bolding on my phone.) It's been said many times that she is a minor and cannot leave with him. If she could choose, there wouldn't be an amber alert. Nothing about this situation is something she can consent to. I was not screaming at you. It was a general statement that she cannot just run off with him. He took her.

If this was your child I highly doubt you would think the school acted appropriately. You would be screaming from the rooftops or I hope you would. I sure would

This breaks my heart. This girl has been let down by the world in every possible way. Even after they find her, she won't be saved. I wish I could scoop her up and hug her and promise her I could make her life better. But I fear nothing ever can, or will. To me, this is really devastating to find out such depths of neglect and abuse occurs. I must be naïve.

Maybe because I have one or because I was abused at 12 by a 23 yr old for many years but I know at 15 she's not mature enough or thinking right. At one point I wanted to marry my abuser and have kids only when I became a mother did I realize he's a pedophile.

I think most are talking about physically consenting, not legally...in as much she would not be trying to escape. At least that is what I am getting at anyway....all moo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

In what way was their investigation a joke? They received a report. They interviewed the pesons involved. Then they took action. It looks like a normal investigation to me.
They are mandatory reporters. They didn't report when the incident occurred!

I think most are talking about physically consenting, not legally...in as much she would not be trying to escape. At least that is what I am getting at anyway....all moo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

We can't possibly know that. And "not trying to escape" does not mean that she wants to be there. Whether she wants to be there or not is not relevant legally or morally. (IMO on the moral part. And I don't believe she wants to be there at this juncture, but that is also IMO.)

He shouldn't have been allowed to step foot in that school, the moment they were notified of a criminal investigation. He should have been suspended the moment they made aware. He should have been suspended the moment he was seen with her. His toes shouldn't have been allowed on their property line. He should have known that FRIDAY. We will simply not agree on this. I'm moving on.

No, that is not the way it works EVER. You don't understand the process. People have a right to due process. You can't fire a person just because a cop comes and says that person is under investigation for something. The first step is always to document it. The second step is to investigate it. The third step is to fulfill legal requirements, such as giving the employee their paycheck, and proper written notice of the reason they are being fired. That's the law. The school does not have a right to violate the teachers rights, no matter what he may have done.

I feel like it's not always a case of feeling compassion for abusers. But more of the misguided assignment, of some personal responsibility, to a child who can not be said to have any responsibility at all for these situations.

Again she is 100% victim here! But her active participation will hamper efforts to rescue her. Whether or not she is still on board with the plan, she was at one time. Full throttle. I hope your right, about her being scared and wanting to go home. That would the best possible resolution! I just have my doubts...

He was responsible for stopping it not her. He's in the authority position maybe she deserved ISS but he should not have been in the school from that moment till a complete investigation was done.

Right. He should have kicked her out of the room and reported the incident asap.

^THIS. Her father should have been notified IMMEDIATELY, and that should be policy!
It IS policy as a mandatory reporter, to notify children's services and LE. IMMEDIATELY, not a week or a day later. I'm a mandatory reporter. All teachers are. So are medical professionals and many others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaltPetals