Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of the things that bothers me the most...I can't understand it at all. How do we know she was the only one he was corresponding with? He could have been casting a wide net at first, maybe trying this with multiple students until he got the response he was looking for.
A lot do also call him by his first name........

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

How is*Cummins, with limited resources, managing*to keep out of view from law enforcement*who have a lot of assets at their disposal?*Pictures of both Cummins and Thomas have been broadcast on regional and national newscasts, not to mention a nationwide Amber Alert. Every law enforcement officer and the public are on the lookout for them.

Now the TBI is thinking both in and out of the box.

[emoji651] [emoji651] [emoji651] [emoji651] [emoji651]
Sounds like even they are stumped. MOO

I remember reading an article a while back where a woman was talking about her brother who had been missing for a while without any sightings. She said something about how she didn't understand how we have the capability to put a man on the moon but not to locate a missing person. But if you really think about it, it's a huge country. There are so many places were someone could hide without ever being found.

Respectfully, I work closely with schools regarding abuse or contact with minors. Teachers in his position can and are fired immediately upon indiscretion, or at the discretion of the firing party...which can vary by district. A teacher in his position can absolutely be told one day not to come back the next. (I say his position, because the process with a tenured teacher or elected position is different.)

No they can not. Again you do not understand the process. I suggest you read these articles.

Due Process Rights in Faculty and Staff Dismissal

DUE PROCESS RIGHTS: TEACHER DISMISSALl

This is one of the things that bothers me the most...I can't understand it at all. How do we know she was the only one he was corresponding with? He could have been casting a wide net at first, maybe trying this with multiple students until he got the response he was looking for.

I don't know. All I know is that I regularly read my middle school daughter's, ( who is not "ditzy" in the least. just sayin ;) ), social media accounts, and I would be extremely upset to notice a teacher all over her personal account, Which is always set to privet. ( I don't think E had her account locked down, but still, yes. Very big red flag imo.

How is*Cummins, with limited resources, managing*to keep out of view from law enforcement*who have a lot of assets at their disposal?*Pictures of both Cummins and Thomas have been broadcast on regional and national newscasts, not to mention a nationwide Amber Alert. Every law enforcement officer and the public are on the lookout for them.

Try to imagine a small cabin tucked away in the woods, with a vehicle parked around in the back. The "guy" renting the cabin has been inside and out of sight for the better part of a week now. When he rented it, he carried in 3 or 4 sacks of groceries and a few duffle bags of clothes. He must be sleeping and lounging around a lot, because he hasn't left to go anywhere all week long.

That's..................our guy.

We can't possibly know that. And "not trying to escape" does not mean that she wants to be there. Whether she wants to be there or not is not relevant legally or morally. (IMO on the moral part. And I don't believe she wants to be there at this juncture, but that is also IMO.)
It will be on how he would need to hold her or not have to worry about holding her. No one here would think this was legal or moral...but the goal is to find her....and if she is in the mind set of jot wanting to be found, don't you think it would make it that much more difficult???

If you had looked at my posts on this subject, you should have clued in that I am discussing the process of finding her as this is what this is about...right? If she went willingly and is willingly hiding with him...don't you think that opens up areas they can hide as he wouldn't have to keep her restrained and gagged as not to give himself away?

All moo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Try to imagine a small cabin tucked away in the woods, with a vehicle parked around in the back. The "guy" renting the cabin has been inside and out of sight for the better part of a week now. When he rented it, he carried in 3 or 4 sacks of groceries and a few duffle bags of clothes. He must be sleeping and lounging around a lot, because he hasn't left to go anywhere all week long.

That's..................our guy.
I wonder if Decatur was a red herring and they went to the Great Smokey Mountains. Its only 4 hours away plenty of cabins No one would see [emoji102] [emoji102] IMO

https://www.childwelfare.gov/topics/systemwide/laws-policies/statutes/manda/

For anyone who is unfamiliar with the LAW across the United States on mandatory reporting.

"All persons who are mandated reporters are required, by law, to report all known or suspected cases of child abuse or neglect. It is not the job of the mandated reporter to determine whether the allegations are valid. ... A County Probation Department, if designated by the county to receive child abuse reports."

http://www.pa-fsa.org/Mandated-Repo...hat-are-a-Mandated-Reporters-Responsibilities

To fulfill his legal mandate, when a mandated reporter has reasonable cause to suspect that a child is being abused, he must immediately make the report.

Limited resources? They have at least $4500, and most likely quite a bit more than that. They'll be able to eat for quite some time, although they may have lodging and other expenses as well. If they are living in his car or pitching a tent somewhere, they could, theoretically, survive for a good 6 months with just the cash they have on hand. But they will need to buy more groceries at some point. And this is where an alert public can spot them and put an end to this.

No they can not. Again you do not understand the process. I suggest you read these articles.

Due Process Rights in Faculty and Staff Dismissal

DUE PROCESS RIGHTS: TEACHER DISMISSALl

I do understand, actually. And you might check your link on higher education. This was high school, it does not apply.

ETA: I feel like this stuff is really distracting from the purpose of this thread. (My fault.) And I hate to do that to the victim. It doesn't serve any purpose to go back and forth on this subject, and I don't want to distract here...which I've done.

f8fc5e882c43b7878b2c8cdd55282fdf.jpg

WKRN released these photos showing all different hair colors for ET. I'm trying to find individual pics.

https://www.childwelfare.gov/topics/systemwide/laws-policies/statutes/manda/

For anyone who is unfamiliar with the LAW across the United States on mandatory reporting.

"All persons who are mandated reporters are required, by law, to report all known or suspected cases of child abuse or neglect. It is not the job of the mandated reporter to determine whether the allegations are valid. ... A County Probation Department, if designated by the county to receive child abuse reports."

http://www.pa-fsa.org/Mandated-Repo...hat-are-a-Mandated-Reporters-Responsibilities

To fulfill his legal mandate, when a mandated reporter has reasonable cause to suspect that a child is being abused, he must immediately make the report.
Notice it says to make the report IMMEDIATELY.

I wonder if Decatur was a red herring and they went to the Great Smokey Mountains. Its only 4 hours away plenty of cabins No one would see [emoji102] [emoji102] IMO

Texas, New Mexico, Arizona........full of lakeside cabins, mountain cottages, resort style vacation spots........................ All outside the AA zone.

Another thing...........T Cummins may have himself a fake I.D..................matter of fact, getting his new I.D. might have been what finally set the wheels in motion. Just a thought.

Yup. The teddy bear he brought on top of the items we see him carrying out shows he was thinking a lot to keep her happy.

Whatever place he chose he most likely let her help him decide. So maybe we should be thinking what place she would like the most.

ETA Some girls do like camping a lot too. I am not sure if she was the type that liked camping out.

ET has a beach pic on her Instagram as well as TC

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQ8emN9D81M/

f8fc5e882c43b7878b2c8cdd55282fdf.jpg

WKRN released these photos showing all different hair colors for ET. I'm trying to find individual pics.

I feel like every picture I see of her, she looks different. I think she'd be very difficult to identify in person, even keeping a very close watch!!

Texas, New Mexico, Arizona........full of lakeside cabins, mountain cottages, resort style vacation spots........................ All outside the AA zone.

Another thing...........T Cummins may have himself a fake I.D..................matter of fact, getting his new I.D. might have been what finally set the wheels in motion. Just a thought.
Interesting if he was smart he went W or N there was a huge delay getting the info there.

Even here in Kansas there are lakeside places. I live not far from one.

I feel like every picture I see of her, she looks different. I think she'd be very difficult to identify in person, even keeping a very close watch!!
She does I think like most 15 yr old she loves to color her hair and I doubt except for changing her look she's getting to do any glam stuff. I bet she's bored to death IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member