Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On Tuesday, Maury County Schools released the following timeline of its investigation into Cummins:*

Tues., Jan. 24, 2017: Culleoka Unit School administration was notified by a student concerning an allegation of contact witnessed between Cummins and a student. The complaint stated, “It wasn’t like a make out kiss, just a peck on the lips.” Culleoka Unit School Administration gathered all information that day from the student who was said to have witnessed the alleged inappropriate contact.Wed., Jan. 25, 2017: MCPS Chief of Staff, Dr. Amanda Hargrove, was contacted by Culleoka Unit School administration, and Dr. Hargrove immediately began an investigation.Thurs., Jan. 26 – Mon., Jan. 30, 2017: As per Board policy 5.500 and 6.305, Dr. Hargrove and staff investigated the allegations by interviewing all pertinent parties, including students, staff and administration.Fri., Jan. 27, 2017: The student named in the alleged concern was removed from Cummins’ class and schedule by Culleoka Unit School Administration.Tues., Jan. 31, 2017: MCPS administration was notified by law enforcement that Cummins was the subject of a criminal investigation. MCPS turned over all known information and documentation to law enforcement about the recent allegations against Cummins at Culleoka Unit School, which were still under investigation by MCPS.Fri., Feb. 3, 2017: Late Friday afternoon, MCPS received an allegation that Cummins had been in contact with the same student, despite explicit directives from his supervisor not to interact.Mon., Feb. 6, 2017: At 8 a.m., Dr. Hargrove met with Cummins and suspended him from his duties at Culleoka Unit School. 8. Cummins’ final termination from MCPS was prompted by his allegedly fleeing the area on March 13, reported to MCPS by law enforcement. A termination document was finalized by MCPS on March 14.

From news channel 5 latest update.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

She does I think like most 15 yr old she loves to color her hair and I doubt except for changing her look she's getting to do any glam stuff. I bet she's bored to death IMO

Her face even looks different with each color or cut. I hope someone can recognize her. I don't think I would :( . I just hope she's found soon. I'm so worried.

My bet would be Smokies also. That or maybe Daniel Boone National Park in Kentucky. Both are an easy drive - you figure they wouldn't want to be on the road for long with the license tag all over the media. But then, they were seen driving west from Georgia. Doesn't quite add up.

How is*Cummins, with limited resources, managing*to keep out of view from law enforcement*who have a lot of assets at their disposal?*Pictures of both Cummins and Thomas have been broadcast on regional and national newscasts, not to mention a nationwide Amber Alert.

It's on every TV channel in Nashville constantly right now... which is strange, b/c you figure all would realize they are long gone from here by now.

Wherever they are..........they're hunkered down and neither moving or mingling. I'll bet his car is even parked two blocks away from where they're staying every night. Chances are very high that he stole a license plate from a car in whatever State they're in, so even that would fool people. This may take awhile........................

Sorry to be a pain but would anyone mind sharing the IG links for the two of them w/me?
Also was wondering though I'm sure it's mentioned somewhere and I missed it, why was she not in school that day? Thanks. :)

This is a child who obviously wants to be loved and TC has swept in like a hawk and scooped her up. He fed her all the right lines and made her believe a lot of things I believe. Sometimes all it takes is someone willing to pay them attention, make them feel loved & special and a sense of security that they don't otherwise have develops. I hope with all my heart she is found safe soon and that he pays for his crimes against her.

Wherever they are..........they're hunkered down and neither moving or mingling. I'll bet his car is even parked two blocks away from where they're staying every night. Chances are very high that he stole a license plate from a car in whatever State they're in, so even that would fool people. This may take awhile........................

Agreed. That original license plate on the car was likely gone asap.

Bump

It was policy for the schools I taught in, both north and south, for a teacher to report to administration, not children's services, and let administration take it from there. I got in trouble for reporting directly - and I would do it again under the circumstances. I had tenure, and was following the law, so there wasn't much they could do to me.
My report turned out to be completely founded. I could not get the school to do anything about it, so I took it in my own hands.

What should be reported differed regionally also. Physical beatings are reported in the north - not so much in Alabama, where paddling is legal in schools, and can result in bruises.

I haven't had ever had to deal with a teacher abuse report, but I don't think Children's Services would get involved? That is actually a very good question. I don't remember CPS being involved with any of the teacher abuse cases I am aware of.

I am posting about these differences because I think what one Websleuth member may see as odd might just be a regional difference. As a Yankee here in the South, thought I might shed some light. I think this whole case is odd, but most of these cases are.

From my experience (as a parent with a 13-year-old) with a teacher that had acted inappropriately towards my daughter, I think immediate dismissal is not the norm. Perhaps, if there was overwhelming evidence from independent witnesses or another teacher, the wheels would turn faster...but in most cases it's he said/she said. This sometimes leads to a suspension of school-based duties while there is an investigation.

As with most things in life, a case-by-case variation results in a lot of grey areas in rules and regulations: A teacher that put a student in a broom cupboard in front of a class was swiftly dismissed but we are still dealing with the teacher that makes jokes about oral sex.

I just wanted to re-state my hypothesis which coincides with Steelman:

I think they are under the illusion that they are in love and that theirs is an "us vs. the world" love story that no one else can understand.

I don't think he intends to kill her, but I do think it's possible he brought the guns for protection from officers...or that he sold them.

I don't rule out that his state of mind could be compromised to the point that he would harm her if she tried to leave.

I think he is educated and a planner. If he left a community and church where he had some "status," that tells me he went all in.

I agree with others that he may have returned to a remote area that he is already familiar with and be lodged under a different name. If it were me, I would go toward the open west where people would be less familiar with the case and off the grid living might be more normalized.

I think it's possible that he went all in on the ideal life and took the risk of leaving the country. If he did this, my guess is he obtained travel documents in the names of people they knew rather than buying fake ones off the black market.

I think wherever they are, they have changed their appearance and are keeping to themselves.

The best bet, in my mind, is to get as much info as they can from any friend or sibling she confided in. To take his life apart and look at all previous devices and credit cards to see what places he has investigated. And to work with social media providers to subpoena IP addresses for any device that logs into their specific accounts.

If she becomes unhappy, hopefully she will subtly get the word out about her location without telling him and causing tension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fully agree with this scenario and feel they could be camping somewhere.

Sorry to be a pain but would anyone mind sharing the IG links for the two of them w/me?
Also was wondering though I'm sure it's mentioned somewhere and I missed it, why was she not in school that day? Thanks. :)

This is a child who obviously wants to be loved and TC has swept in like a hawk and scooped her up. He fed her all the right lines and made her believe a lot of things I believe. Sometimes all it takes is someone willing to pay them attention, make them feel loved & special and a sense of security that they don't otherwise have develops. I hope with all my heart she is found safe soon and that he pays for his crimes against her.

Here you go:
https://www.instagram.com/_.babygirl2001._/
https://www.instagram.com/tadcummins/

From my experience (as a parent with a 13-year-old) with a teacher that had acted inappropriately towards my daughter, I think immediate dismissal is not the norm. Perhaps, if there was overwhelming evidence from independent witnesses or another teacher, the wheels would turn faster...but in most cases it's he said/she said. This sometimes leads to a suspension of school-based duties while there is an investigation.

As with most things in life, a case-by-case variation results in a lot of grey areas in rules and regulations: A teacher that put a student in a broom cupboard in front of a class was swiftly dismissed but we are still dealing with the teacher that makes jokes about oral sex.

I agree with you on this. Immediate dismissal on the first allegation would be rare. The difference for me here, is that an indiscretion was reported by a student. After that LE notified of a criminal investigation, and after that he was seen with her (not briefly) after ordered to stay away. IMO, the totality of that is grounds for immediate dismissal. And since he's not licensed, he only has to be provided with a written letter. Which they FINALLY did only after all that. I have a feeling the school knew this timeline was not responsible, which is why they fudged to the media about when he was suspended. All totally JMO.

Not to mention, he should have never been corresponding privately with her on SM. At. All!

One might think that his wife would think something was amiss about his relationship with the girl, but nothing indicates that she said anything to anyone about it, including him! If his familiar behavior with girls.....family or non-family was customary, its no wonder that his grandson was not alarmed that he was kissing ET......JMO

I feel like every picture I see of her, she looks different. I think she'd be very difficult to identify in person, even keeping a very close watch!!

I feel the same. Have decided for me personally, the best identifier would be her teeth. (Albeit I have gotten some weird looks when caught closely viewing the mouth of every girl of her complexion and build, approx ages 12-25, when out and about).

One might think that his wife would think something was amiss about his relationship with the girl, but nothing indicates that she said anything to anyone about it, including him! If his familiar behavior with girls.....family or non-family was customary, its no wonder that his grandson was not alarmed that he was kissing ET......JMO

I'm sure this has been said (I haven't had time to catch up) but I thought the article said the grandson was on the computer. I was thinking maybe the grandson had his back to them looking at the comp screen and possibly even had headphones in.

Tad also put a microwave in his class only ET was allowed to use. That's highly inappropriate. He was giving her special privelages. MOO

I bet there was a lot of talk and gossip among the kids. Were other teachers unaware? I doubt it. JMO

I'm sure this has been said (I haven't had time to catch up) but I thought the article said the grandson was on the computer. I was thinking maybe the grandson had his back to them looking at the comp screen and possibly even had headphones in.

I agree, and he might have been wearing headphones. My feeling is I doubt he saw the kiss happen. (JMO)

I agree with you on this. Immediate dismissal on the first allegation would be rare. The difference for me here, is that an indiscretion was reported by a student. After that LE notified of a criminal investigation, and after that he was seen with her (not briefly) after ordered to stay away. IMO, the totality of that is grounds for immediate dismissal. And since he's not licensed, he only has to be provided with a written letter. Which they FINALLY did only after all that. I have a feeling the school knew this timeline was not responsible, which is why they fudged to the media about when he was suspended. All totally JMO.

I am more upset that her father was not notified immediately.

I am more upset that her father was not notified immediately.

Yes! Completely agree. Mandatory reporting is to be immediate. That was hugely wrong on their part. applaud the father's actions when he finally did find out.

It was policy for the schools I taught in, both north and south, for a teacher to report to administration, not children's services, and let administration take it from there. I got in trouble for reporting directly - and I would do it again under the circumstances. I had tenure, and was following the law, so there wasn't much they could do to me.
My report turned out to be completely founded. I could not get the school to do anything about it, so I took it in my own hands.

What should be reported differed regionally also. Physical beatings are reported in the north - not so much in Alabama, where paddling is legal in schools, and can result in bruises.

I haven't had ever had to deal with a teacher abuse report, but I don't think Children's Services would get involved? That is actually a very good question. I don't remember CPS being involved with any of the teacher abuse cases I am aware of.

I am posting about these differences because I think what one Websleuth member may see as odd might just be a regional difference. As a Yankee here in the South, thought I might shed some light. I think this whole case is odd, but most of these cases are.
Yea IDK I live in TN and have seen a few instances of teachers calling DCS because a child is bruised or neglected. If your child goes to school with bruises you'd better have a reasonable explanation also if too many days are missed DCS is called

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member