Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG I read his IG description and want to barf:

"Jesus freak/child of The King, husband, father, grandfather, high-school teacher,RRT, drummer, audio tech, jeep owner, singer/songwriter, warrior-poet"

You can kind of see how this happened - what an immature-seeming man.

My bet would be Smokies also. That or maybe Daniel Boone National Park in Kentucky. Both are an easy drive - you figure they wouldn't want to be on the road for long with the license tag all over the media. But then, they were seen driving west from Georgia. Doesn't quite add up.

It's on every TV channel in Nashville constantly right now... which is strange, b/c you figure all would realize they are long gone from here by now.
Lol I feel ya I'm in Nashville also its been updated and generally the too story every newscast. Its even playing on the commercials. I can't believe they didn't put it farther in the beginning. I think that would be common sense but that's just IMO

ETA were they actually seen? Or the phones just found without batteries? I've heard pings in Decatur and that it was actually the phone. I believe its a red herring

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

"Jesus freak/child of The King, husband, father, grandfather, high-school teacher,RRT, drummer, audio tech, jeep owner, singer/songwriter, warrior-poet"

Yeah, fantasy and romanticism seem to be the bookends for his reality.

I feel the same. Have decided for me personally, the best identifier would be her teeth. (Albeit I have gotten some weird looks when caught closely viewing the mouth of every girl of her complexion and build, approx ages 12-25, when out and about).

Her mouth and chin standout to me...

RSBM

Gross ! Like he's acting all 'concerned' and pretending to 'mentor'. GAHHH !!!
Yep she couldn't get help with the abuse from home because she was being abused at school. Sickening IMO[emoji35] [emoji36] [emoji202]

It was policy for the schools I taught in, both north and south, for a teacher to report to administration, not children's services, and let administration take it from there. I got in trouble for reporting directly - and I would do it again under the circumstances. I had tenure, and was following the law, so there wasn't much they could do to me.
My report turned out to be completely founded. I could not get the school to do anything about it, so I took it in my own hands.

What should be reported differed regionally also. Physical beatings are reported in the north - not so much in Alabama, where paddling is legal in schools, and can result in bruises.

I haven't had ever had to deal with a teacher abuse report, but I don't think Children's Services would get involved? That is actually a very good question. I don't remember CPS being involved with any of the teacher abuse cases I am aware of.

I am posting about these differences because I think what one Websleuth member may see as odd might just be a regional difference. As a Yankee here in the South, thought I might shed some light. I think this whole case is odd, but most of these cases are.
The administration calls. I posted the links

It was policy for the schools I taught in, both north and south, for a teacher to report to administration, not children's services, and let administration take it from there. I got in trouble for reporting directly - and I would do it again under the circumstances. I had tenure, and was following the law, so there wasn't much they could do to me.
My report turned out to be completely founded. I could not get the school to do anything about it, so I took it in my own hands.

What should be reported differed regionally also. Physical beatings are reported in the north - not so much in Alabama, where paddling is legal in schools, and can result in bruises.

I haven't had ever had to deal with a teacher abuse report, but I don't think Children's Services would get involved? That is actually a very good question. I don't remember CPS being involved with any of the teacher abuse cases I am aware of.

I am posting about these differences because I think what one Websleuth member may see as odd might just be a regional difference. As a Yankee here in the South, thought I might shed some light. I think this whole case is odd, but most of these cases are.
It's a law across the country, as stated in the links I posted.

The case hasn't gotten too much publicity in the southwest, but there has been some. I know it's unlikely that they made it this far, but given the fact that TC has never done anything like this before, it's impossible to predict what he might do next.

I fully agree with this scenario and feel they could be camping somewhere.
I just don't see the camping thing. Maybe... But an older man wanting to whisk this impressionable girl away.. It's jmo but I'm picturing beach or lake, outskirts of a busy city, gambling.. something to make it feel like they are a couple living out their wildest dreams. Something to make her feel like an adult and him feel like a 20 year old.

I imagine he's thinking sex and "romance " and she wants to have fun and feel safe, which he's probably mindful of. Camping doesn't allow for much of any of that imo.

I'd bet they probably actually have themselves convinced they're beginning a magical life together. Come home, girlie! I know my first love made me feel on top of the world with a whirlwind of excitement and I actually thought we could do anything together. I was wrong, as many are with their first loves. This is so not a beautiful, quality relationship built on respect and trust. It's the exact opposite of #love

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I think the fact that the grandson was in the classroom helped TC convince everyone it didn't happen, all he had to do was show outrage that someone would accuse him of kissing her in front of his "own grandson". I'm sure his wife would believe him and probably the grandson was so clueless, he didn't see it and shrugged it off.

On another note, I can also see a dialogue between ET and her sibling the day she left much like this. Sib "why are you taking that stuff, Dad's not going to like it, when are you coming home?" ET..."I'll be home sometime this afternoon, if I'm not home by 6pm call the police"...in a joking way to throw her sib off. Just my musings.

Hmm...
He needs to update that with, "adulter, kidnapper and family abandoner."

I have given TBI a tip about that account, noticed something Sunday that was unusual. I don't want to put it on here because we don't know who's reading this, but it's been reported.

Got it. Thanks for letting me know!

I think he knows what he's doing. I don't think he's in love with her, or thinks he's building a life with her. He's a predator, IMO.

ETA were they actually seen? Or the phones just found without batteries? I've heard pings in Decatur and that it was actually the phone. I believe its a red herring

I'll try to remember where I saw this reported - likely either Channel 5 or Tennessean - but apparently a witness saw them driving toward Decatur from Georgia.

From my experience (as a parent with a 13-year-old) with a teacher that had acted inappropriately towards my daughter, I think immediate dismissal is not the norm. Perhaps, if there was overwhelming evidence from independent witnesses or another teacher, the wheels would turn faster...but in most cases it's he said/she said. This sometimes leads to a suspension of school-based duties while there is an investigation.

As with most things in life, a case-by-case variation results in a lot of grey areas in rules and regulations: A teacher that put a student in a broom cupboard in front of a class was swiftly dismissed but we are still dealing with the teacher that makes jokes about oral sex.

I think that teachers are held to a much higher standard than they used to be, and rightly so. I would think that most of them would be very aware of what was going on in their classroom, knowing that the slightest infraction on their part could cause a huge uproar.

When I was in kindergarten, (25 years ago, ouch!) there was a kid in my class who never stopped talking and one day the teacher, a sweet little old lady, told him that if he didn't stop interrupting her she was going to put him in the trashcan. And when he kept talking, that's exactly what she did. She picked him up and stood in him the trashcan. It was just one of those small metal wastepaper baskets, so it probably only came up to slightly above his knees, and she didn't leave him there, she only kept him there for a few seconds. We all still laugh about now, especially the guy who she did it to. It wasn't considered a huge deal at the time, but I would imagine if something like that happened today, there would be people demanding for her to be fired. A romantic relationship with a student is far worse. TC had a duty to act as the responsible adult teacher and he screwed it up.

I feel the same. Have decided for me personally, the best identifier would be her teeth. (Albeit I have gotten some weird looks when caught closely viewing the mouth of every girl of her complexion and build, approx ages 12-25, when out and about).

Yes, her teeth would be good identifiers, and so would her eyes, which are fairly narrowly-open... somewhat "squinty" - I don't mean that in a derogatory way at all, but I can't think of a better synonym to describe it (easily hidden w/ sunglasses, though).

I'll try to remember where I saw this reported - likely either Channel 5 or Tennessean - but apparently a witness saw them driving toward Decatur from Georgia.
Thanks

I think the fact that the grandson was in the classroom helped TC convince everyone it didn't happen, all he had to do was show outrage that someone would accuse him of kissing her in front of his "own grandson". I'm sure his wife would believe him and probably the grandson was so clueless, he didn't see it and shrugged it off.

On another note, I can also see a dialogue between ET and her sibling the day she left much like this. Sib "why are you taking that stuff, Dad's not going to like it, when are you coming home?" ET..."I'll be home sometime this afternoon, if I'm not home by 6pm call the police"...in a joking way to throw her sib off. Just my musings.
Her family has also stated this

She also wanted to make plans with friends but said that if it was after Monday, she wouldn't be allowed. I
interpret it as she didn't think that she needed to leave with him. I think she had no intention of leaving the family, and if she knew about it, she knew it was a bad idea and that she did not want to go," James Thomas said.

Couple that with the other statement and I find it disturbing

I just don't see the camping thing. Maybe... But an older man wanting to whisk this impressionable girl away.. It's jmo but I'm picturing beach or lake, outskirts of a busy city, gambling.. something to make it feel like they are a couple living out their wildest dreams. Something to make her feel like an adult and him feel like a 20 year old.

I imagine he's thinking sex and "romance " and she wants to have fun and feel safe, which he's probably mindful of. Camping doesn't allow for much of any of that imo.

I'd bet they probably actually have themselves convinced they're beginning a magical life together. Come home, girlie! I know my first love made me feel on top of the world with a whirlwind of excitement and I actually thought we could do anything together. I was wrong, as many are with their first loves. This is so not a beautiful, quality relationship built on respect and trust. It's the exact opposite of #love

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
But wouldn't there be sightings? IMO they can't be anywhere populated due to no sightings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members