Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they're able to elude LE and everyone else (and that's a big "if") until she's of age (18 ) ... does that mean he's free and clear ?
Doesn't seem likely-- but I don't know the laws for this from state to state.

Also if he's planning to marry her-- maybe that means he won't harm or kill her !

She also wanted to make plans with friends but said that if it was after Monday, she wouldn't be allowed.
interpret it as she didn't think that she needed to leave with him. I think she had no intention of leaving the family, and if she knew about it, she knew it was a bad idea and that she did not want to go," James Thomas said.

She told my younger sister that if she wasn't home by 6:00 to call the police. Call for help I think was her exact words," James Thomas said.

They very well could have told the police these statements as soon as they filed the report. We don't know. Either way its disturbing. MOO

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

If they're able to elude LE and everyone else (and that's a big "if") until she's of age (18 ) ... does that mean he's free and clear ?
Doesn't seem likely-- but I don't know the laws for this from state to state.

Also if he's planning to marry her-- maybe that means he won't harm or kill her !
Idk the statue of limitations on Kidnapping but no he'd still be arrested

ETA there is no statue the time doesn't run so he would be charged
http://statelaws.findlaw.com/tennessee-law/tennessee-criminal-statute-of-limitations-laws.html

The absolute minimum age set by statute varies by state between 13 and 17, while in 27 states there is no statutory minimum age if the other legal conditions are met. Although in such states there is no set minimum age by statute, the traditional*common law*minimum age is 14 for boys and 12 for girls - ages which have been confirmed by case law in some states.[1]
Wow

Its not fair to insinuate her family is lying. I will leave it at that. It doesn't matter if they are. She's in DANGER

Thank you. Especially a child. They are victims!

She also wanted to make plans with friends but said that if it was after Monday, she wouldn't be allowed.
interpret it as she didn't think that she needed to leave with him. I think she had no intention of leaving the family, and if she knew about it, she knew it was a bad idea and that she did not want to go," James Thomas said.

She told my younger sister that if she wasn't home by 6:00 to call the police. Call for help I think was her exact words," James Thomas said.

They very well could have told the police these statements as soon as they filed the report. We don't know. Either way its disturbing. MOO

I agree with you that this quote is disturbing. I have been mulling it over tonight. In light of all that has happened, I would take her meaning that she did not want to schedule anything after Monday because she knew she was leaving with TC (and fudged that it wouldn't be allowed). I don't quite understand her brother's interpretation.

Wow, 14 and 15 in a lot of states. I wouldn't doubt if they travelled to any of theses states and are bunkered down. Maybe Hawaii is somewhere they plan on going. Since they can get married and it's tropical, which seemed to be a thing for them when looking at their IG accounts.

If I was TC's wife, I would drag divorce proceedings out as long as possible. There's no way he's going to be able to marry ET anytime soon.

Well that's alarming a brief search I found this
Georgia:*Georgia changed the laws in 2006 concerning the minimum age to get married and the minimum age to get married in Georgia is 16.
Arizona:*If you are 16 or 17 years old, you must have the notarized consent of your parents or legal guardian.

If you are under sixteen (16), you must have the notarized consent of your parents or legal guardian as well as a court order.

I'm going to research more it was 96 when my friends did it so

Her 16th birthday is coming up, May 17. That was in the 59 page school board report.

I read in the news TC spoke Spanish and fleeing to Mexico was a possibility. Does anyone know if she suffered any abuse at home? If so perhaps he thinks he's saving her. What a messed up man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do we know if she has a drivers permit? The pic with the blue background looks like a DMV photo. If she has one, that's her official proof of age. I wonder if she took her birth certificate or SS card? She turns 16 in two months and per previous posts, would be allowed to marry in quite a few areas (with forged papers but he's kidnapped her, I doubt he would care about forging or bigamy).

Age limitations for marriage mean nothing since he is still married, correct? Wouldn't he have to be divorced first?

I read in the news TC spoke Spanish and fleeing to Mexico was possibility. Does anyone know if she suffered any abuse at home? If so perhaps he thinks he's saving her. What a messed up man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She suffered abuse on many levels, her mother is in jail because of it. Her teacher, TC, considered himself a "father figure" and this was the first year she was the public school system. An extremely troubled teen.

I think we just have to be open to all possibilities here.

There is just too much here that makes me think that a prior poster's interpretation may be correct - that her statement of "call the police if I'm not home by 6" was possibly something TC told her to say, as a way to hopefully buy them until 6PM. If she's telling friends she can't make plans after Monday because she might not be allowed, it may just be that she couldn't say to them "because I'll be gone" without giving the whole thing away. If she truly had no intention of leaving with TC then the whole 'can't make plans after Monday' thing makes no sense. If he's researching teen marriage and she's posting WIFE on her profile not long after, that says something to me. None of that makes her any less of a victim. He's just apparently a pretty skilled manipulator who can fool even pretty educated people, so why would a young girl be any more immune?

Can someone clarify: Did the phones ping at 3 or were they found at 3? It should not have taken until 3 for them to drive to Decatur, so one has to wonder if they pinged at 3 why they weren't further away by then. If they were found at 3, then who knows how far they could have gotten by then?

Age limitations for marriage mean nothing since he is still married, correct? Wouldn't he have to be divorced first?

I don't think she knows that and she's extremely naive, imo. She's been homeschooled until Sept 2016, this is why she's his perfect target. All my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper