Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read in the news TC spoke Spanish and fleeing to Mexico was possibility. Does anyone know if she suffered any abuse at home? If so perhaps he thinks he's saving her. What a messed up man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you read back a few pages, you will see that she did report being abused at home.

One of the things I found interesting in the investigation report was his background working with the poor in rural Panama. I don't know that they have had enough time to get that far, but I can imagine Central America holding some interest as a final destination if he feels comfortable there.

I read in the news TC spoke Spanish and fleeing to Mexico was possibility. Does anyone know if she suffered any abuse at home? If so perhaps he thinks he's saving her. What a messed up man.

Channel 4 found that police arrested Elizabeth's mother, Kimberly Thomas, last year. She was charged with five counts of child abuse and neglect.

According to court documents, Kimberly Thomas beat Elizabeth and four of her siblings.

Elizabeth told investigators her mother "banged her head into the agitator of the washing machine." She said her mother "threw her down the basement stairs and locked her down there."

Kimberly Thomas is also accused of making the children get naked in front of several other people.

Elizabeth is one of 10 children in a single-parent home because her father now has full custody of all of them.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/34967126/da-missing-teen-had-troubling-home-life

( Sent from WSMV )
Link to the article and quote about abuse. I doubt they have left the country though

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Age limitations for marriage mean nothing since he is still married, correct? Wouldn't he have to be divorced first?
Doubt the person marrying them would look it up. His wife would have to file bigamy I think. I may be wrong though

I think we just have to be open to all possibilities here.

There is just too much here that makes me think that a prior poster's interpretation may be correct - that her statement of "call the police if I'm not home by 6" was possibly something TC told her to say, as a way to hopefully buy them until 6PM. If she's telling friends she can't make plans after Monday because she might not be allowed, it may just be that she couldn't say to them "because I'll be gone" without giving the whole thing away. If she truly had no intention of leaving with TC then the whole 'can't make plans after Monday' thing makes no sense. If he's researching teen marriage and she's posting WIFE on her profile not long after, that says something to me. None of that makes her any less of a victim. He's just apparently a pretty skilled manipulator who can fool even pretty educated people, so why would a young girl be any more immune?

Can someone clarify: Did the phones ping at 3 or were they found at 3? It should not have taken until 3 for them to drive to Decatur, so one has to wonder if they pinged at 3 why they weren't further away by then. If they were found at 3, then who knows how far they could have gotten by then?
But then why this

She told my younger sister that if she wasn't home by 6:00 to call the police. Call for help I think was her exact words," James Thomas said.

[http://www]

Call for help?

Also I don't think they have released that info on the phones

If I was TC's wife, I would drag divorce proceedings out as long as possible. There's no way he's going to be able to marry ET anytime soon.
Do they check when you get married? We just walked in signed and got our license. No one checked

Fantastic, he can add "bigamist" to his list of accomplishments.
That is a very odd thing for a father to say, especially this early in the search,imo..

It's just very disheartening," Anthony Thomas told NBC News Tuesday after being finding out that new piece of information. "I'm afraid he's married her."

She suffered abuse on many levels, her mother is in jail because of it. Her teacher, TC, considered himself a "father figure" and this was the first year she was the public school system. An extremely troubled teen.

This is very telling, hmmm I wonder if she threatened to runaway if he didn't take her. Possibly TC thought she would be taken away by social services and go into foster care. So he did this which was really stupid!!! Since she added wife to her Instagram she definitely saw him more than a Father figure. I hope and pray he doesn't get intimate with her. Wouldn't it be horrible if she ended up pregnant. [emoji45]

I think it's horrible that the girl who turned TC in is now blaming herself because the school didn't seem to take her seriously. This is in no way her fault! It couldn't have been easy for her to turn in a teacher that she considered to be a mentor...the school definitely dropped the ball here by allowing him to remain in the classroom after they were made aware of his behavior. They seem to justify it by saying that TC denied anything had happened, did they really expect that he would tell them the truth?

I agree. Given the hold Cummins seems to have over the students, it had to be a difficult thing for a 12 year old to do. She did the right thing, unfortunately it was mishandled at the school level and it seemed their primary objective was to minimize the significance of what was reported. People need to be proud of that 12 year old and her parents who taught her to do the right thing. I was discouraged to read that some of the other teachers were unkind to the witness and the victim.

That is a very odd thing for a father to say, especially this early in the search,imo...

It's just very disheartening," Anthony Thomas told NBC News Tuesday after being finding out that new piece of information. "I'm afraid he's married her."

Do you think he's clueless about how the legal system works?

This is very telling, hmmm I wonder if she threatened to runaway if he didn't take her. Possibly TC thought she would be taken away by social services and go into foster care. So he did this which was really stupid!!! Since she added wife to her Instagram she definitely saw him more than a Father figure. I hope and pray he doesn't get intimate with her. Wouldn't it be horrible if she ended up pregnant. [emoji45]
They have had a previous sexual relationship he's not protecting her. They think he's groomed her to sexually abuse her

I really just want to hug her ( in a non creepy way) she has so much of a future still ahead of her that can be free of abuse. Poor girl. She really wants to feel loved. Imo.

Anyone can have a marriage "ceremony" but it's still not a legal marriage.
Can they get a marriage license without anyone checking to see if he's already married? He wouldn't get charged with Bigamy until he got captured or I'm confused?

It was only a ping from ETs phone in Decatur. They have not been seen. As we all know, once the FBI gets involved, basically no information is released.

Has anybody noted that there's only one box of dye? Either he's used it himself, she's cut her hair, or early on in the week we should all have been keeping an eye out for someone with "patchy hair". She has (or had, if it hasn't been cut) long hair - when I had hair that length it took at least two boxes of that same brand to dye it.

I hate to think that such an obvious thing as patchy hair colour might have hindered things, when knowing about it earlier might have made E easier to spot!

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

I don't consider a kiss in a classroom a sexual relationship. It may be deplorable, but IMO is not a sexual relationship.

Can they get a marriage license without anyone checking to see if he's already married? He wouldn't get charged with Bigamy until he got captured or I'm confused?

Right. Even if they don't check for previous marriages when they issue the license, the fact that he's already married means that even if they have someone in a different state "marry" them, they aren't actually married. It's not legal. Even if his wife divorces him after this happens, he and ET still wouldn't be legally married. I could go to Vegas and marry someone tonight, and make them think we were really getting married, but since I'm already married, our "marriage" wouldn't actually exist. Marriage is basically just a contract, and if one of the parties is already married and marry someone else, it voids the contract and it's nonenforceable.

IIRC, on his original SM accounts, he stated he was originally from MS. Yet, I have heard nothing about MS from those searching for her.

Anyone can have a marriage "ceremony" but it's still not a legal marriage.
And who knows what strange beliefs TC has? My ex-BIL was a pastor who cheerfully cheated on my SIL and then married the other woman, all while espousing some decidedly odd "Christian" beliefs, such as a "marriage that always existed in Heaven" and was therefore more binding than his actual earthly marriage to my SIL. TC could be spouting similar stuff to EL.
All MOO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Has anybody noted that there's only one box of dye? Either he's used it himself, she's cut her hair, or early on in the week we should all have been keeping an eye out for someone with "patchy hair". She has (or had, if it hasn't been cut) long hair - when I had hair that length it took at least two boxes of that same brand to dye it.

I hate to think that such an obvious thing as patchy hair colour might have hindered things, when knowing about it earlier might have made E easier to spot!

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

We have determined the purchase of hair dye by Tad Cummins was not part of his intended plan for #ElizabethThomas
https://twitter.com/TBInvestigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member