Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, that is not the way it works EVER. You don't understand the process. People have a right to due process. You can't fire a person just because a cop comes and says that person is under investigation for something. The first step is always to document it. The second step is to investigate it. The third step is to fulfill legal requirements, such as giving the employee their paycheck, and proper written notice of the reason they are being fired. That's the law. The school does not have a right to violate the teachers rights, no matter what he may have done.

Respectfully, I work closely with schools regarding abuse or contact with minors. Teachers in his position can and are fired immediately upon indiscretion, or at the discretion of the firing party...which can vary by district. A teacher in his position can absolutely be told one day not to come back the next. (I say his position, because the process with a tenured teacher or elected position is different. Because he is not a certified teacher, the protections he is afforded by a union or board is not the same. He's basically a "guest teacher" for lack of better words.)

Right. He should have kicked her out of the room and reported the incident asap.
Yes if he had nothing to hide he absolutely should have. I hope everyone reads what you posted.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

It IS policy as a mandatory reporter, to notify children's services and LE. IMMEDIATELY, not a week or a day later. I'm a mandatory reporter. All teachers are. So are medical professionals and many others.
Bump

Rs/bbm
Have you looked over her IG? She was not only "fully aware of the scope and planning" , She lists her status as "Wife", and if you read both of their Instagram accounts, ( albeit they are like Pictures Books with a dash of "Riddle Me This") you can actually watch the "plan" take shape! I wouldn't be one little bit surprised, to learn that he wasn't the one who first suggested "Eloping" and running away together. Personally I am very skeptical she ever told anyone to call the police on him.

Again, she is a child, 100% the victim, but he is not forcing, or "hiding her" against her will. SHE is actively hiding herself. And I don't think she will simply tire of him one day, stroll into a store and announce that she is E. She seems just as determined as he, to make this happen. Long-term. They are going to have to be caught. seriously, I can't see being board, or uncomfortable, being a deterrent for either of them.

This will make them much, much harder to find imo.

I think up until the day came to get loaded up in the SUV, this entire thing was just a fairy-tale romance to ET. When the day rolled around, according to the media yesterday, she told one of her siblings that if she wasn't home by 6 p.m., "to call the police". You can chose not to believe that if you want to, but that's what was reported.

Since we're dealing with the immature mind of a ditzy 15 year old girl, I have to assume it was something she was noticing about TC that was making her nervous about the entire thing. Maybe she was simply having second thoughts. Maybe she didn't believe that he would actually leave his wife and run off with her. Maybe she was sensing an evil side to him in the days leading up to the departure. Whatever it was, it made her nervous enough to make a half hearted attempt to warn her sibling.

Speaking of which, with all the information that has come to light, I've yet to hear why the alarm bells were sounded at 1 P.M. that afternoon instead of later on in the evening as she instructed her sibling. Was it because the friend that dropped her off at Shoney's dropped the ball and told someone at the school who she was with ? Who was it that made the call to 911 ?

Not to mention, he should have never been corresponding privately with her on SM. At. All!

This is one of the things that bothers me the most...I can't understand it at all. How do we know she was the only one he was corresponding with? He could have been casting a wide net at first, maybe trying this with multiple students until he got the response he was looking for.

There is an account on instagram named smithsonlily that likes a lot of his stuff. Private, no pics, doesn't follow anyone.. thinking this could be an alternate account of hers possibly. I mean the person doesn't follow him, but manages to find his account over and over and like his stuff?

Elizabeth... lily..I can see the nickname.

Or I'm way wrong. What do you guys think?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I have given TBI a tip about that account, noticed something Sunday that was unusual. I don't want to put it on here because we don't know who's reading this, but it's been reported.

No, that is not the way it works EVER. You don't understand the process. People have a right to due process. You can't fire a person just because a cop comes and says that person is under investigation for something. The first step is always to document it. The second step is to investigate it. The third step is to fulfill legal requirements, such as giving the employee their paycheck, and proper written notice of the reason they are being fired. That's the law. The school does not have a right to violate the teachers rights, no matter what he may have done.
Are you familiar with what it means to be a mandatory reporter? Is this something you choose to acknowledge?

I think its safe to say we will all look at our kids teachers a little closer. My daughter is only 6 and her kindergarten teacher is literally her BF. To the teachers I say thank you and I tell hers often. I'm grateful to know she's ok in her class because they are close my daughter loves school having a great teacher can make or break the school year. My son is 17 and thank goodness he thinks SM is stupid. He has great teachers also but some are not and you can tell it effects him he doesn't look forward to their class he never has homework for it. I pray ET comes home safe and gets the people she deserves in her life that will protect her.

Since we're dealing with the immature mind of a ditzy 15 year old girl, I have to assume it was something she was noticing about TC that was making her nervous about the entire thing.
Just start with his looks. He's absolutely disgusting looking. What would a beautiful girl ever see in him? He's grotesque, old, and frumpy. Eeew that she kissed him. What was she thinking?... *bleah*

I think up until the day came to get loaded up in the SUV, this entire thing was just a fairy-tale romance to ET. When the day rolled around, according to the media yesterday, she told one of her siblings that if she wasn't home by 6 p.m., "to call the police". You can chose not to believe that if you want to, but that's what was reported.

Since we're dealing with the immature mind of a ditzy 15 year old girl, I have to assume it was something she was noticing about TC that was making her nervous about the entire thing. Maybe she was simply having second thoughts. Maybe she didn't believe that he would actually leave his wife and run off with her. Maybe she was sensing an evil side to him in the days leading up to the departure. Whatever it was, it made her nervous enough to make a half hearted attempt to warn her sibling.

Speaking of which, with all the information that has come to light, I've yet to hear why the alarm bells were sounded at 1 P.M. that afternoon instead of later on in the evening as she instructed her sibling. Was it because the friend that dropped her off at Shoney's dropped the ball and told someone at the school who she was with ? Who was it that made the call to 911 ?

This is not based on any facts presented, it's JMO. I think the sibling told what she said pretty soon after she left. That's the scenario that makes the most sense to me, as to why the call was made before 6:00. Again, JMO.

I feel like it's not always a case of feeling compassion for abusers. But more of the misguided assignment, of some personal responsibility, to a child who can not be said to have any responsibility at all for these situations.

Again she is 100% victim here! But her active participation will hamper efforts to rescue her. Whether or not she is still on board with the plan, she was at one time. Full throttle. I hope your right, about her being scared and wanting to go home. That would the best possible resolution! I just have my doubts...

Agree. As long as neither of them wants to be found, finding them will be challenging. I certainly hope that the FBI has some idea of where they may have gone, whether or not they choose to share that with the general public. He had 3 weeks or more to plan this out. I'm betting that he had a plan, that they didn't just go where the wind took them. But I am hopeful that they will be found. I just hope it is soon.

How is*Cummins, with limited resources, managing*to keep out of view from law enforcement*who have a lot of assets at their disposal?*Pictures of both Cummins and Thomas have been broadcast on regional and national newscasts, not to mention a nationwide Amber Alert. Every law enforcement officer and the public are on the lookout for them.

Now the TBI is thinking both in and out of the box.

[emoji651] [emoji651] [emoji651] [emoji651] [emoji651]
Sounds like even they are stumped. MOO

My heart hurts for this girl. People like him find kids who don't fit in well, or who feel out of place (even if they're totally normal) and they latch onto that like the predators they are. They tell them how they're "not like the others", and "so much more mature", and "that's why you don't fit in, you see, you're just better than them". And these sweet words, whether the predator says it or not, basically tell the victim "You feel out of place because you ARE different, but in a good and special way that only I can see, only I can appreciate. No one else can." This tells the victim that the predator is their only chance for love, their only chance to be truly understood. And then the predator has the victim wrapped around their little finger. It doesn't just happen with adults and children, or with sexual predators. It can happen with abusive bosses, abusive parents, abusive friendships. I hope and pray he doesn't do anything drastic if cornered.

No update yet from local news but we're having some pretty bad storms so hopefully soon.

Just start with his looks. He's absolutely disgusting looking. What would a beautiful girl ever see in him? He's grotesque, old, and frumpy. Eeew that she kissed him. What was she thinking?... *bleah*
Looks have nothing to do with this. She is a vulnerable victim of his grooming, and already an abuse survivor. I don't think she was looking at physical attraction.

The IG accounts are just weird. There is another account called MrsGargoyle that follows 3 people, Tad, E and this Lily account. There are no post, or followers.

They haven't said yet but did u see this Steele?

She also wanted to make plans with friends but said that if it was after Monday, she wouldn't be allowed.
interpret it as she didn't think that she needed to leave with him. I think she had no intention of leaving the family, and if she knew about it, she knew it was a bad idea and that she did not want to go," James Thomas said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members