Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How did they come to the conclusion that those two are 100% together? Besides the fact that signs point to it, they don't any sightings to prove it do they?

Age limitations for marriage mean nothing since he is still married, correct? Wouldn't he have to be divorced first?

He kidnapped her. He's not exactly the poster boy for obeying the law. IMO

Doesn't matter if it wasn't a "romantic" kiss or not; it's wildly inappropriate for a teacher to kiss a student no matter what.

Agree. But, that does not constitute a sexual relationship as some people keep stating.

He kidnapped her. He's not exactly the poster boy for obeying the law. IMO

I didn't mean it as in he follows the laws. I just can't remember the process of how I got my marriage license. I wasn't sure if they ran your information to find out if you were previously married etc.

I don't know why he would be looking up teenage marriage if he wasn't actually planning to legally marry her.

I think everyone is thinking of marriage in the traditional sense. Her being young she might not know about marriage licenses and such. They could have a "wedding" and she could think it is legitimate whereas he knows it's fake. Seems like she is impressionable and a little naive so I don't see that being too far fetched.

How did they come to the conclusion that those two are 100% together? Besides the fact that signs point to it, they don't any sightings to prove it do they?

I don't know that anyone actually saw them together...TC got gas at the station close to the Shoney's ET had been dropped off at, so I would assume they got together then but there's no surveillance of them together. I have no doubt they left together, but my biggest fear is that he may have hurt her and maybe himself. I can't believe there haven't been any sightings of them by now.

I think everyone is thinking of marriage in the traditional sense. Her being young she might not know about marriage licenses and such. They could have a "wedding" and she could think it is legitimate whereas he knows it's fake. Seems like she is impressionable and a little naive so I don't see that being too far fetched.
That's what I think. If they haven't already did some Rome and Julie pact they got married maybe not legal but a ceremony none the less. There's quite a few states that let u marry before 18

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

She is young and impressionable, he could have a fake wedding and convince her they are "married "...or possibly a backwoods "preacher" to perform a "ceremony".

I don't really see what difference it makes, or why they even showed that particular clip of him shopping before they left. It will just serve to confuse people imo. Either she, or he, had ample time to grab hair dye, at any time preceding their leaving. Walmart is not the only hair dye retailer on earth. I think they prepared well in advance of leaving, and a change of appearance would seem to me, to be one of the first considerations.

I don't think they are shopping as they go. At all. He was into survivalism by some accounts, and I believe he would've taken every possible thing he could think of, into account. I don't think they're stopping for disguises, or tampons, or other necessities...

I do think they have a specific destination in mind, and they are going to try and get there as quickly as possible. I doubt very much, that they are holed up in a little cabin somewhere, hoping for the best.

I suspect they will try and leave the country, as the would be the best shot at going undetected long term, and/or his not being punished/extradited if they are found.

I was just responding to someone who asked how they could know the dye wasn't specifically used by them...and presented a scenario. Changing their appearances would be the first thing they did as soon as they could, I'm sure. That's just not what he/she asked.

I don't personally think they are going to try and get out of the country, unless they can stay hidden for much longer. Too big of a chance for being spotted right now. Perhaps, their plan was to hide until the public lost interest and then get through. I don't know. I just think attempting to cross a border would be very risky at the time and it seems he planned this meticulously. (JMO.)

How can they know "that purchase was not connected to any plan to change his appearance or that of Elizabeth Thomas."???

Maybe it wasn't used and the box was found in his home? Could also be to throw LE off on the color. He bought dark but maybe she lightened her hair with peroxide taken from either home.

Has anyone thought about that I addition to the wife on her if it says 2019. If she is only a freshman she wouldn't graduate then however someone said she will be 16 in may..so in 2019 she would be 18... Age if consent? Timeline is off somewhere. So she would be 19 when graduating.

Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk

Agree. But, that does not constitute a sexual relationship as some people keep stating.

A warrant is out for sexual contact. I don't have time to look right now, but I'm not sure a single kiss on the lips (which is the only contact that we know was seen) would constitute that. I will have to look into it. (And pray nothing happens to me, so my search history won't freak anyone out lol!) I wonder what evidence they have and if it shows more went on.

I don't know if this has been posted yet. I've not read through all the pages. Anyway, I was driving today and thinking about this case. I had a thought. Recently my family rented a beach house on the Gulf coast. We did it through vrbo, there is also airbnb, but all you have to do is pay with a credit card. During the winter and spring months, there are places that you can rent for a month for less than $1000. All he would have to do is to buy one of those Visa gift cards and his purchase would be virtually untraceable. No one would see them when they check in. There are some pretty secluded places that could allow someone to get a boat and cross the Gulf to Mexico or South America. Just a thought

They said this yesterday that the purchases were legitimate. Does that mean he took the dye home? I'm not sure how they reached this conclusion

Doesn't matter if it wasn't a "romantic" kiss or not; it's wildly inappropriate for a teacher to kiss a student no matter what.

I just think that a father proclaiming his 15 yr.old daughter who is missing a week is married to her abductor. I would think that would be the last thing on his mind (the father),especially to make that comment public is something I find disturbing.

Per Wsmv regarding when she lived with her mom
Channel 4 found that police arrested Elizabeth's mother, Kimberly Thomas, last year. She was charged with five counts of child abuse and neglect.

According to court documents, Kimberly Thomas beat Elizabeth and four of her siblings.

Elizabeth told investigators her mother "banged her head into the agitator of the washing machine." She said her mother "threw her down the basement stairs and locked her down there."

Kimberly Thomas is also accused of making the children get naked in front of several other people.

Elizabeth is one of 10 children in a single-parent home because her father now has full custody of all of them.

She was abused at home and could not get help at school because he was abusing her too

RSBM

So, at the time TC abducted ET, ET was living with her father. Hence, the abuse at home by then would've been a non-issue correct ?

Was it maybe all of the accumulated prior abuse that formed the person ET is now-- someone whom an adult could manipulate ?

Any adult at that school should have sensed what a creepy, diabolical pervert TC was and is --- did the entire school (aside from the brave child who reported him) just shut their eyes to the obvious ?
I'm assuming once ET was living with her dad all abuse issues had stopped.

And WTF was the abuse issue with her 'mother' -- forcing the kids to be naked in front of strangers ? Was she pimping them out ? ( I'm serious-- that has happened in some msm news reports. Sadly.)
Did that KT allow people to use those children ?

And another thought... was it possible ET had become pregnant by one of the people KT had invited into their home ?
Staggers the imagination to know what a complete mess ET lived in.

At least at the time TC had started manipulating ET, ET was safe at her father's house.
So wouldn't she be more secure as a person by then and not looking for someone to love her ?

Except perhaps TC was a master at conning people.

Add THAT to his resume'. Along with possible bigamy, kidnapping, sex abuse, etc.

Thoughts are all mine , and excuse the rambling !
MOO

I don't know that anyone actually saw them together...TC got gas at the station close to the Shoney's ET had been dropped off at, so I would assume they got together then but there's no surveillance of them together. I have no doubt they left together, but my biggest fear is that he may have hurt her and maybe himself. I can't believe there haven't been any sightings of them by now.

I definitely think that are together as well...but I guess without any sightings there is always the chance that maybe they're not?

I am also very worried about the lack of sightings. Not even just with them, but the car itself especially if they did ditch it. If they did leave the car behind, maybe they were able to discard it in a river or lake perhaps.

Without knowing which direction they took off in it really is like a needle in a haystack.

He has some people on SM who are adamantly sticking up for him and saying ET should be getting blamed not sympathy like she's getting but these are former female students too. You might be onto something do you think it could be him commenting?

ETA That's the local paper for their town The Columbia Herald interesting

This makes me SO SAD and SO DISGUSTED. Really??????? People defending him and vilifying HER????? OMgosh..... What is up with this world we now live in?????

Has anyone thought about that I addition to the wife on her if it says 2019. If she is only a freshman she wouldn't graduate then however someone said she will be 16 in may..so in 2019 she would be 18... Age if consent? Timeline is off somewhere. So she would be 19 when graduating.

Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk

Being home schooled could have caused her to be a year behind.

I don't know if this has been posted yet. I've not read through all the pages. Anyway, I was driving today and thinking about this case. I had a thought. Recently my family rented a beach house on the Gulf coast. We did it through vrbo, there is also airbnb, but all you have to do is pay with a credit card. During the winter and spring months, there are places that you can rent for a month for less than $1000. All he would have to do is to buy one of those Visa gift cards and his purchase would be virtually untraceable. No one would see them when they check in. There are some pretty secluded places that could allow someone to get a boat and cross the Gulf to Mexico or South America. Just a thought

Good thinking! I know many an Airbnb who never even set eyes on their guests... I do think they are headed out of the country, it's not as hard to do as some might think...

I would think that TC is educated enough to know any marriage would be void(at least in this country) without a divorce or death certificate.
But Elizabeth would think they were married, in my opinion,He could convince her they were

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties