Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That would have made for some interesting dinner conversation. "What did I do today? Oh, not much. Had breakfast at Shoney's. Got married to a man more than three times my age. He has a wife and kids, but he said not to worry about that."

I'm not actually trying to make fun of the situation, honest. But it's just so sad to think of what he must have been filling her head with when she was already in a vulnerable state of mind.
It also makes me wonder what types of marital relationships ET was exposed to in childhood. Did she know married people who had an extramarital relationship on the side, and to ET that seemed normal? So, possibly, she may think it's not uncommon for someone to have 2 or more spouses, as abnormal (and creepy) as it sounds to us.

IMO, she also imagines TC as someone with considerable wealth and influence (and he likely has promised her tremendous things) who can meet all of her needs plus take her on luxurious trips to island paradises. For ET, TC may be her ticket to a life of privilege--far from the life she has known so far. MOO

I have to say after looking at the IG accts earlier today (Thank you again to the person who posted them again for me!) I am beyond disturbed that this was going on for so long. At least in my opinion it seems like it has been on for quite some time w/their coded messages to each other. I'm sure she gave him that salt lamp for xmas and that's why it was his fav gift.

Ugh.

As for people not understanding why she'd find him attractive, he has provided a form of attention she did not have in her life for whatever reasons and that is why she is drawn to him. He made her feel loved and special and all the other things a teenage girl with insecurities about looks and a troubled home life could want. I could have easily been someone's prey like that myself when I was a kid due to my own upbringing.

It also makes me wonder what types of marital relationships ET was exposed to in childhood. Did she know married people who had an extramarital relationship on the side, and to ET that seemed normal? So, possibly, she may think it's not uncommon for someone to have 2 or more spouses, as abnormal (and creepy) as it sounds to us.

IMO, she also imagines TC as someone with considerable wealth and influence (and he likely has promised her tremendous things) who can meet all of her needs plus take her on luxurious trips to island paradises. For ET, TC may be her ticket to a life of privilege--far from the life she has known so far. MOO

Or maybe she was exposed to ppl she knew in relationships cheating and that seemed normal that he would cheat and she believes she is his "one" and he won't do that to her like a lot of girls do. (Or guys!)

I was right there with you! Couldn't believe he was allowed to teach with just an associates degree. My daughter has her masters and has decided NOW (after having 4 children) that it would be prudent for her to be teacher, but she CAN'T without going back to school and getting her teaching certificate. So I did some research yesterday and it turns out he actually did have the requirements to be a vocational type teacher. (Sorry, longggg work day and my brain is exhausted. I can't think of the correct term for what I'm trying to say). I followed up with my neighbor who is a high school principal in Nashville to be sure I understood what I had found researching correctly, and she confirmed.

wow! didnt know that. my mind is blown. still, i think he had help getting that job since he married someone on the school board.

Wow, whoever suggested AirBNB or something like that, I think that is very much worth considering.

Re: the comments from Elizabeth's brother in which he says Elizabeth told her sibling to call the police if she wasn't home by 6pm. Is it possible that the police comment was a fib made up by her brother in a wishful thinking / denial kind of way to deflect any "responsibility" from Elizabeth? It just seems an odd comment considering what seems like mutual advance plans to leave together.

This is really of no consequence, it's just bugged me since I first read the brother's comments.

He claims to be a Jesus follower. If that is the case, he needs to immediately repent of what he has done, and get her back immediately. This has never been Christian teaching for an adult male to take a young girl from her family.

One of my folks was one of 10 kids and will tell you like a shot that it's super lonely, in that you get almost no parental attention (the flip side is it bonds you to your sibs). Especially if the mother here is in prison (!), TC manipulating ET would have been like shooting fish in a barrel.

So so so sad. I hope they're found soon and that the psychic damage to ET isn't so severe she'll never have a realistic chance in life. May be too late for that already, sadly.

Re: the comments from Elizabeth's brother in which he says Elizabeth told her sibling to call the police if she wasn't home by 6pm. Is it possible that the police comment was a fib made up by her brother in a wishful thinking / denial kind of way to deflect any "responsibility" from Elizabeth? It just seems an odd comment considering what seems like mutual advance plans to leave together.

This is really of no consequence, it's just bugged me since I first read the brother's comments.

I don't understand this either. It doesn't make any sense unless she wanted to fool people into thinking she was kidnapped by someone other than TC. I'm baffled by it.

I'm worried that it will be a long time before they find them just like Elizabeth Smart. He's probably shaved his beard, ditched the glasses, dyed their hair, wear hats etc. Many folks don't watch the news. I think they are headed to another country to start a new life like Mexico. Old men with young girls there won't get a second look. He doesn't have a job so being a fugitive on the run is no big deal to him. I think it will be up to ET to finally make her escape to get away from him once she tires of him.

I was right there with you! Couldn't believe he was allowed to teach with just an associates degree. My daughter has her masters and has decided NOW (after having 4 children) that it would be prudent for her to be teacher, but she CAN'T without going back to school and getting her teaching certificate. So I did some research yesterday and it turns out he actually did have the requirements to be a vocational type teacher. (Sorry, longggg work day and my brain is exhausted. I can't think of the correct term for what I'm trying to say). I followed up with my neighbor who is a high school principal in Nashville to be sure I understood what I had found researching correctly, and she confirmed.

That's why he's teaching an elective course (forensics - which seems ironic now) and not teaching any core curriculum courses (English, math, science, and history).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cannot believe these two haven't been found yet. He needs to return her back home so she can get back to her life. His life is over. This is just insane.

If you lived here in Middle Tennessee.... you would understand.... that Tennessee protects their own. This is how it is. I'm Not defending this. I could tell you stories and you would call me a liar. Tennessee isn't the only state that is crooked.... people that live in big cities just don't get it. I could tell you stories that would curl your hair and call me a liar. I don't lie. And I dont' tell stories...... I have been warned and I know what could happen to me if I tell.... government is so crooked.....

I've lived in at least 10 different cities and it's like that EVERYWHERE

It doesn't look like she's on the Maury County School Board. She might have some other kind of job with one the Board Department offices or something.
http://www.mauryk12.org/school_board/school_board_members
She's an Administrative Assistant with the school district. I feel so bad for her. By his FB posts, it seemed he lavished attention on her and now he's diverted his attentions to a young girl. To think of her being married to him all these years and she really never knew him. Sad!

I don't understand this either. It doesn't make any sense unless she wanted to fool people into thinking she was kidnapped by someone other than TC. I'm baffled by it.

I'm worried that it will be a long time before they find them just like Elizabeth Smart. He's probably shaved his beard, ditched the glasses, dyed their hair, wear hats etc. Many folks don't watch the news. I think they are headed to another country to start a new life like Mexico. Old men with young girls there won't get a second look. He doesn't have a job so being a fugitive on the run is no big deal to him. I think it will be up to ET to finally make her escape to get away from him once she tires of him.

I, too, worry that it will be a long time before they find them like Elizabeth Smart. In fact, I googled Elizabeth Smart yesterday to remember how long she was gone (9 months). (Encouragingly, when ES was found, she was wearing a gray wig and a veil, yet she was still recognized.) TC and ET probably have enough money to hide out for several months, if they are frugal. Eventually, they'll run out, and one or the other will have to go to work or panhandle. Before that, they'll run out of groceries and need to pick up some supplies. The best thing we can all do is spread the word far and wide. I'm worried that she will become pregnant if they don't find her soon.

I just think that a father proclaiming his 15 yr.old daughter who is missing a week is married to her abductor. I would think that would be the last thing on his mind (the father),especially to make that comment public is something I find disturbing.

WTH? The slime bag researched teen marriage. I'd find it disturbing if wasn't at the front of his mind.

I, too, worry that it will be a long time before they find them like Elizabeth Smart. In fact, I googled Elizabeth Smart yesterday to remember how long she was gone (9 months). (Encouragingly, when ES was found, she was wearing a gray wig and a veil, yet she was still recognized.) TC and ET probably have enough money to hide out for several months, if they are frugal. Eventually, they'll run out, and one or the other will have to go to work or panhandle. Before that, they'll run out of groceries and need to pick up some supplies. The best thing we can all do is spread the word far and wide. I'm worried that she will become pregnant if they don't find her soon.

Unless he finds a teaching job somewhere. Someone said earlier teachers are needed in Mexico and he does speak Spanish. So many little poor villages over there they would welcome teachers. I live in CA but was born in Memphis she looks so much like my young niece. Mexico keeps popping up because so many people in US cross the border here in Cali. Mexican authorities are pretty good about working with the US and extraditing if that's where they fled. He comes across as someone who has survivor skills in the bush as he does like to camp and owns a jeep. I hope this is not the case and he brings her back home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BUKANAS