Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nancy Grace did an interview with District Attorney General Brent Cooper. There is a podcast, but I don't know if I can post the link to her article, so I'll just leave the podcast here.
It says that ET possibly left a "clue" @ Shoney's by arriving with 2 bags and only leaving with one..
Also Cummins lied to his wife and said he was going to a job interview the day he left.
Link not allowed You can find it in a Google search

Bumping (in case anyone else missed this post like I did).

Even if that's true, she thinks he's a wealthy CIA agent. Who convinces young girls of such nonsense unless they have a planned agenda.

He took complete advantage of a child who had just come from a confusing, abusive and terrible home life. It was her first brush with the public school system, and this creeper was just laying in prey for someone like her to come along.

That school system let her down. He should have been fired at the first hint of misconduct, not protected so THEY wouldn't get in trouble.

I won't be surprised if we find out he has touched quite a few girls through his church activity. He is the epitome of a sexual predator. He is a true pedophile.
Think this is his 1st rodeo? I seriously doubt it.

I can only speak for myself, but I feel like stones are being thrown at those saying things like "on board" and "willingly". Speaking solely how I feel....I think we all know that he's she is 15 and yes he is 50 and no matter what way you chose to look at this it is wrong, disgusting, illegal and KIDNAPPING.

If and when these two are found I hope that the justice systems does its job.

But until they are found, we have to look at the possibility that ET and TC are in this together. Whether she is a child and in an emotional unstable state, if she is running WITH TC and not just being a hostage then it will take more work to find them.

By no means am I saying that they're in this together because it's right. But if she's "willing" to still be on the run with him the. It has to be expected that she is going to try just as hard to conceal herself as he is.

Bottom line. ..It disgusting. He's disgusting. But, in order to find these two, you have to at least admit she may very well feel like he has swept her away and this may be what still *thinks* she wants.

The reporter's name is Nick Beres with News Channel 5 Nashville if anyone wants to send him an email about allowing ETs mom give an interview while facing child abuse charges I'll look up the email if you need

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

The DA on the case told Nancy Grace he was only being charged right now for a misdemeanor. How can that be isn't kidnapping a Felony?
Maybe they're hoping he will turn himself in.

Think this is his 1st rodeo? I seriously doubt it.

That's one of the things that's confused me somewhat...I know he has no prior criminal record (at least as an adult) but I have to wonder if he's done it before and just not gotten caught or turned in. I'm sure it's possible for a 50-year-old man to suddenly snap like this, but you would think there would have been some kind of indicator earlier on.

I can only speak for myself, but I feel like stones are being thrown at those saying things like "on board" and "willingly". Speaking solely how I feel....I think we all know that he's she is 15 and yes he is 50 and no matter what way you chose to look at this it is wrong, disgusting, illegal and KIDNAPPING.

If and when these two are found I hope that the justice systems does its job.

But until they are found, we have to look at the possibility that ET and TC are in this together. Whether she is a child and in an emotional unstable state, if she is running WITH TC and not just being a hostage then it will take more work to find them.

By no means am I saying that they're in this together because it's right. But if she's "willing" to still be on the run with him the. It has to be expected that she is going to try just as hard to conceal herself as he is.

Bottom line. ..It disgusting. He's disgusting. But, in order to find these two, you have to at least admit she may very well feel like he has swept her away and this may be what still *thinks* she wants.
It does not matter if she's doing nude strip tease for him and raping him 5 times a week and 2x on Saturday. It does not matter if she saved her money and bought the gas! It matters not if she planned and she initiated the whole thing. She's 15.. he's 50. END OF STORY.

You're so awesome :) So eloquent and succinct, and you made it so I didn't have to go look up the actual term. Thank you! Been thinking about you and your family, too. 

Thanks. It has been rough.

I agree. However, IMO the terms need to use correctly so everyone is on the same page.

Some people only follow certain kinds of cases and when incorrect terms are used in a case it throws the seach off.

It's all about community here [emoji1] and the exchange of ideas. Very rarely does WS got a gem and have some information the helps a case. When it does happen, it is amazing to know our group did some good in the world.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I'm not sure how using the technically correct term on a post or two on websleuths throws off the search. People know what is meant by "pedophile". Every news article or missing person alert and the Amber Alert give an image of her and her correct age. I feel the criticism was kind of unnecessarily scolding.

This may not be the place to post this, but it is in response to the many posts that say he "looks" like a predator, that his voice is creepy, that there is no way that ET would be attracted to him. I think he looks like a normal human being that any number of people would find attractive (e.g. his wife). I watched the video and his voice did not make me shudder. I don't understand this need to demonize the bad guys - and I do believe he is the bad guy - and exult the good ones. Over and over you hear people describe the perpetrator as having evil eyes, the look of the devil, etc. While the victims are described as angelic, truly beautiful, they have the look of pure innocence. I don't know what this furthers, and in fact I think it can be detrimental in that it establishes an unrealistic composite of evil/good. The fact is that sometimes the bad guys look normal or are even attractive and sometimes the good guys look normal or unattractive.

That said, I truly hope ET comes home safely soon.

Yes. It's part of our natural desire to "otherize" people who do this. That's why we call rapists murderers etc "monsters." Nope. They're boy scouts. Dads. Brothers. Buddies. Friends. Moms. Sisters. Sorority sisters even! Guys you grew up with. Don't do the "he looks like a Creepy Creep McCreeperson!" thing because you know what that does? It means when some guy like Brock Turner rapes a woman he gets three months in jail which he doesn't even finish because god forbid his life should be set off the rails and he looks like SuchANiceGuy after all so this was clearly just ya know a one time abberation. Remember: Paul Bernardo was HOT back in the day (my lawyer friends who have seen him of late say he's paunchy and greying and very typical 50something,,, but he'd probably be attractive were he on the outside and still able to keep up with modern fashion and grooming trends). Ted Bundy too. Rod Alcala was on the freaking Dating Game! Don't judge on looks... please.

I will demonize the bad guys because they ARE demons. They are monsters. Normal human beings, no matter what they look like, do not act this way.

And yeah, the dude would not be hideous looking if he wasn't a predator. Not to most people. not to middle aged women. But it is not normal for a teen girl who has the ability to date young, cute teens, to be into an old man. And I'm sorry, but I don't care what they look like or how old they are, Alcala, Bundy, etc. -they all look creepy and repulsive to me. Why? Because they lack something in their psyches or souls, or whatever you want to call it, that makes them the same as other people.

These are bad human beings. Not right. And very creepy. They are "otherized" because they are the other. It's why perceptive people often get their hackles raised around these creeps, before they even know who they are: http://jezebel.com/5909162/creeps-actually-give-us-the-chills

Dateline Fan: Yes, of course she's in danger NO MATTER WHAT, but it just tells me that she is extraordinarily vulnerable to someone like him - malleable. I knew she had been 'homeschooled', so that to me means likely she was kept isolated from the locals. And, now, to learn on top of that she's was physically hurt (washing machine....EG). Add se@ual abuse ('men'.... 'strip naked'....). This poor child was a Perfect Storm, ready to become a crime victim of someone just like this man. IMO

I wondered if that's what you were thinking. Makes a lot of sense. Her background indeed makes her more of a target and more vulnerable to exploitation. Poor baby.

The DA on the case told Nancy Grace he was only being charged right now for a misdemeanor. How can that be isn't kidnapping a Felony?
TBI had raised his charges to include felony kidnapping. Either they are trying to lure him out or they will wait till their home and charge him.

That's one of the things that's confused me somewhat...I know he has no prior criminal record (at least as an adult) but I have to wonder if he's done it before and just not gotten caught or turned in. I'm sure it's possible for a 50-year-old man to suddenly snap like this, but you would think there would have been some kind of indicator earlier on.
There may have been and no one reported
Destany Parrish says when she was at Culleoka Unit School, her health sciences teacher Tad Cummins was not just an educator and a mentor, she also considered him a close friend.

"I know that I trusted him with everything that I had when I was in school," Parrish said.

Parrish's parents were going through a divorce at the time, and for her, Cummins was always a listening ear.

It was 2011. Parrish was 15 at the time. She said Cummins kept in touch years after she graduated. She had planned to visit his classroom last October, but ended up running into him at a grocery store briefly last fall

http://www.wsmv.com/story/34977042/...udent-discusses-close-friendship-with-teacher

( Sent from WSMV )
( Sent from WSMV )

Forgive me but I'm not well versed in law I work in the medical field. ETs mother only has misdemeanor counts if this is correct or is it a felony due to the amount of children or severity of abuse etc?

http://law.justia.com/codes/tennessee/2010/title-39/chapter-15/part-4/39-15-401

It depends on the age of the children and the specifics of the abuse. Some types of abuse is considered a misdemeanor while others are felonies. It's also dependent on the age of the child at the time of the abuse. For instance, slapping a 15 year old child across the face is a misdemeanor, but slapping a 3 mos old across the face can be a felony. It's a method of taking into consideration the potential for greater harm to a younger child from the same amount of forced trauma. And there are different levels to the misdemeanor charges and felony charges. I'm not clear what exactly the mother has been charged with so I don't know the particulars in this case so I don't know whether she's been charged with something that rises to the level of a felony or not. I believe her assault on ET would be a misdemeanor and I don't know what the ages are of ET's siblings who were also removed from the mother's care. She may be facing felony charges, I'm just not sure what she was charged with other than that assault on ET.

Well, he may have "snapped" but he's stayed snapped. He's had over a week to come to his senses.

The show? I'm assuming Nancy Grace? My post wasn't related to that show except that's where I learned that yes, there were two bags. One was found to be left at Shoneys.
Which city?

After that interview, I want to smack her face.

Dollars to donuts her child would not be (or less likely to be) the victim of some nasty creepoid Casanova had poor MCET been blessed with a non abusive mother. Evil witch. :(

BTW: i use MCET as the acronym for E because my own daughter shares those first three names and is close in age. I feel like MCET is my own baby girl.

Thank you for the link, JerseyGirl. I have been looking all over for that transcript.

Date of Photo: I'm interested in who took that photo of ET & CT sitting at his desk), and on exactly what day. We looked at the data on embedded on that image, but the date/dates do not appear to be the original data, but rather revised. I want to be precisely correct. This info, may require some sort of quote, from whomever took that photo - student or school staff.

Possible dates:
1. After Christmas in December: The salt lamp Christmas gift is on the desk.

2. Sometime from December lamp gift & Jan 25 CT/ET were observed: The investigation continued after the contact was reported on Jan 23. Investigation begins on Jan 25, and in the following days, Teacher #1 is interviewed. Teacher #1, indicated that she sees ET in CTs room, a lot, before and after school'. And, "Cummins should have a better boundary between his role as the student's teacher and the student's friend." Had Teacher #1, been documenting this, before this incident/contact even happened? Was CT already on their radar?

3.. January: The TBI twitter page, indicates that the photo was taken in January.

4.. After January 30: Investigation continues, and recommends (among a few things), "monitoring Cummins' class to ensure students are not there when they aren't supposed to be'. Could the photo have been taken to document CT's non compliance?

5. Feb 3: By this date, the School District was made aware that ET was in CT's room for 33 minutes. (that's a fairly exact amount of time that was reported. Someone seemed to be looking at a clock, and documenting) .

6. Feb 8, Cummins was suspended: the photo date could not have been taken after Feb 8.

Well, he may have "snapped" but he's stayed snapped. He's had over a week to come to his senses.

You're absolutely right. And the level of planning that went into this shows that it wasn't as if he just woke up last Monday morning and decided to take off. It's just scary to think that he's been able to act like a completely normal person with a wonderful family life who's never been in trouble with the law and then he does something like this. It just proves that you really can't trust anyone, no matter how well you think you know them.

It depends on the age of the children and the specifics of the abuse. Some types of abuse is considered a misdemeanor while others are felonies. It's also dependent on the age of the child at the time of the abuse. For instance, slapping a 15 year old child across the face is a misdemeanor, but slapping a 3 mos old across the face can be a felony. It's a method of taking into consideration the potential for greater harm to a younger child from the same amount of forced trauma. And there are different levels to the misdemeanor charges and felony charges. I'm not clear what exactly the mother has been charged with so I don't know the particulars in this case so I don't know whether she's been charged with something that rises to the level of a felony or not. I believe her assault on ET would be a misdemeanor and I don't know what the ages are of ET's siblings who were also removed from the mother's care. She may be facing felony charges, I'm just not sure what she was charged with other than that assault on ET.
Thank you I'm not sure what she's been charged with either. After my lil goes on to sleep I think I'll do some research. I do hope her judge takes this with ET and TC disappearing into consideration when sentencing her. She may be a motivating factor in why this happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member