Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a few pages back in some recent news articles. They said he's been reported looking for work in Decatur, but didn't elaborate on where and said she had left one of her bags (assuming it's her backpack) at Shoney's when she first left, but hours later it had disappeared so they're assuming she may have doubled back to pick it up. Found it TBI said he's been looking for work in Decatur http://wkrn.com/2017/03/24/tbi-no-cr...disappearance/
Thank you there's been so many articles it's hard to keep up with which one released what info. I wish they would do one large one with all the facts since the disappearance. I might try to put one all together tonight for reference.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Chandler Anderson, who is offering the reward, is a nurse practitioner in Columbia and the owner of Right Care Clinics.

He told News 2 he first met Cummins in 1998. At the time, Cummins was as a respiratory therapist supervisor at a hospital.

Anderson said the two had a rough relationship.

He absolutely was a bully. He would demean the nursing staff. He would say to me, ‘Oh, you are a nurse? You should know this. You should be able to read this. How did you get out of nursing school and not know this?’” said Anderson.

Cummins received excellent evaluations and had good recommendations while working at the hospital but Anderson told News 2 that was not his experience with him.

“Here he is, someone that I am supposed to be able to lean on, and learn from and he was running us all down,” said Anderson.

Anderson told News 2 he found it odd that Cummins left his job in respiratory therapy to become a teacher, and he is very worried for Thomas’ safety.

“He is with a man who is getting very desperate. As the days go by, the danger for her increases exponentially. He is going to do something desperate, I am afraid,” said Anderson.

http://wkrn.com/2017/03/24/former-c...or-information-leading-to-tad-cummins-arrest/

Hi, I'm new here. I just wanted to say, there are free campsites in NC.

Nice to meet everyone!

Welcome. And thank you! Can you tell us how this works in NC? Does someone check them in or could they just drive in? Are their staff on site to oversee campers? How many parks offer this etc.?

The allegations of an abusive home life were not rumors. She was removed from her mother's care due to allegations of abuse and neglect, which is public record. She was vulnerable and he knew it. He targeted her. He gets zero sympathy from me- he groomed her.

https://www.whnt.com/2017/03/23/da-...er-easily-influenced-by-authority-figure/amp/

"Police arrested Elizabeth's mom, Kimberly Thomas, last year. They charged her with five counts of child abuse and neglect. Documents show Thomas beat Elizabeth and four of her siblings. She told investigators her mom banged her head into the agitator of the washing machine and said her mother threw her down the basement stairs and locked her down there. Thomas is also accused of making the kids get naked in front of several other people."

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I just can't shake this. Why did he take 2 guns? Why not just one? Was he concerned one might jam? Does he plan on getting in a shootout with police? <modsnip> Why take guns unless possibility of shooting someone on the run? Or themselves? Ugh

The allegations of an abusive home life were not rumors. She was removed from her mother's care due to allegations of abuse and neglect, which is public record. She was vulnerable and he knew it. He targeted her. He gets zero sympathy from me- he groomed her.

https://www.whnt.com/2017/03/23/da-...er-easily-influenced-by-authority-figure/amp/

"Police arrested Elizabeth's mom, Kimberly Thomas, last year. They charged her with five counts of child abuse and neglect. Documents show Thomas beat Elizabeth and four of her siblings. She told investigators her mom banged her head into the agitator of the washing machine and said her mother threw her down the basement stairs and locked her down there. Thomas is also accused of making the kids get naked in front of several other people."

That was then not now. Innocent until proven guilty. If true it was horrible but mom no longer lives with them. Those are charges she hasn't been convicted. ET has been living with her Dad and Siblings. TC manipulated her. She's a teen worst years for teens and the parents. My boys 28 and 33 now. Teenage years are the worst. Most can't stand our parents at that age.

Nobody oversees it. There are no power or water hookups although there is a creek to bathe in. It is in the middle of nowhere.

&#65532;Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas was reported missing on Monday. (Source: TBI)

COLUMBIA, TN (WSMV) -

The Amber Alert for Elizabeth Thomas could result in a law change if the district attorney has anything to say about it.

MORE

Special Section: The Search for Elizabeth Thomas

&#65532;

Continuing coverage in the search for Elizabeth Thomas, who has been missing 12 days.

Investigators have stressed that even if Thomas wanted to leave with Tad Cummins, she is 15 and has no business being with a 50-year-old. But according to District Attorney Brent Cooper, the law doesn’t reflect that.

Depending on how this plays out, it’s possible Cummins could walk away with a misdemeanor.

Cooper said finding an appropriate charge was a struggle. Prosecutors first issued a warrant for inappropriate contact with a minor, a misdemeanor.

“It only got on the books last year,” Cooper said. “And thankfully it did or we would have been in real trouble, because all we would have had would have been a runaway petition on her and nothing on him.”

Prosecutors have now issued a warrant for aggravated kidnapping, but they will have to prove Thomas was taken against her will. As the law stands now, if the child is over the age of 13 and they leave willingly with an adult, it’s not kidnapping.

“It should be irrelevant that she went willingly. She’s 15 and he’s in a position where he certainly should have known better,” Cooper said.

Cooper is proposing a new law. He said if an adult leaves with any minor under the age of 18 without the guardian’s consent, it should be considered kidnapping.
Cooper said she worries about what could happen if Thomas is found and she says she left of her own free will.

“That’s definitely going to hinder our prosecution. It may not completely rule it out, but it’s definitely going to hinder it and make it more difficult,” he said.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/34967802/da-hopes-amber-alert-will-result-in-law-change?

Thank you there's been so many articles it's hard to keep up with which one released what info. I wish they would do one large one with all the facts since the disappearance. I might try to put one all together tonight for reference.

I was thinking of doing the same! It is really hard to keep up, this thread is moving fast. But some of the same questions and statements are being said over again and again (which is totally fine) but i think it makes it confusing and difficult to read through the threads.

He's not her legal guardian. How this is anything less than felony kidnapping is baffling. Maybe Alacurda or Gitana can offer their legal opinions

That was then not now. She's been living with her Dad and Siblings. He manipulated her. She's a teen worst years for teens and the parents. My boys 28 and 33 now. Teenage years are the worst. Most can't stand our parents at that age.
That was one year ago. The impact of years of trauma does not just go away with a year of living elsewhere. Trauma changes the brain, impacts attachment, and increases vulnerability to be victimized by predators like TC. He knew that and he pounced. That does not take away anything from what he did. Her behavior is not typical teen parent hating. He chose her because he was well aware of her trauma history and used that as an in to groom her.

I was thinking of doing the same! It is really hard to keep up, this thread is moving fast. But some of the same questions and statements are being said over again and again (which is totally fine) but i think it makes it confusing and difficult to read through the threads.
Plus there's new articles every hour it seems between local and national news. It does get really confusing

Nobody oversees it. There are no power or water hookups although there is a creek to bathe in. It is in the middle of nowhere.

Would you be willing to look up the name of any campgrounds that you know offer this arrangement and post it here? Thanks.

That was one year ago. The impact of years of trauma does not just go away with a year of living elsewhere. Trauma changes the brain, impacts attachment, and increases vulnerability to be victimized by predators like TC. He knew that and he pounced. That does not take away anything from what he did. Her behavior is not typical teen parent hating. He chose her because he was well aware of her trauma history and used that as an in to groom her.

Very true. But it may mean her current home life was good JMO

They need to release more information on how TC was looking for work in Decatur. It can't be in person as there have been no sightings. The phones pinged there so maybe he used the internet on his cell phone to look for work. They also haven't said what day this occurred in relation to them leaving.
And when ET left her bag at Shoney's they said no one saw anyone pick it up. So how long was the bag there. Normally after your table is cleared it would be put behind the cashier or hostess table. If no one saw her where was the bag? It might tell us how far they could have gotten before turning around and going back.
I do hope her family was able to do their search in Decatur the weather didn't sound promising and its storming here in Middle TN now.
Praying [emoji72] this ends today with ET safe.

I've been wondering about that bag as well. The article I read stated employees saw the bag after she ran out the door to get in the car with TC..... then it was "gone" later in the day? What the what??? Wouldn't a Shoney's employee have immediately put it behind the counter before seating the table again? Color me wayyy confused with regard to the left behind bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very true. But it may mean her current home life was good JMO
Of course. I hope it is. That doesn't erase years of abuse and disruption in attachment to your primary caregiver (mother) as a result. The physical changes in the brain keep the brain on alarm mode even when physical safety is met (hopefully current home). Emotional and psychological safety can take a lot longer to obtain. Jm(professional)o.

Roadside Camping

Now for the free options. Camping is allowed in designated roadside campsites ("car camping") along many gravel Forest Service roads. There are only about 60 of them scattered about the region, though, so they're more difficult to find. They tend to fill up fast in the summer - not as quickly in April, although there will start to be some usage by then. They are not monitored, so theft and trash may be an issue. The Pisgah district south of Asheville has the highest concentration of them. In the Pisgah district, where you will probably want to stay, they are along Wash Creek Road (FS 5000), Yellow Gap Road (FS 1206), Avery Creek Road (FS 477), Headwaters Road (FS 475B), Cathy's Creek Road (FS 471), and Courthouse Creek Road (FS 140). There are sites along roads in Appalachian and Grandfather districts as well.

Bess, I'm thinking Wheeler Refuge is the most promising, but I'm not sure if they can enter undetected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cliff77