Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was only suspended. And the school didn't suspend him until after the kissing incident 'investigation' was over with. The two were told to stay away from one another. He was suspended after ET was caught in his classroom. He was terminated by the school system the day after they disappeared. Wife is on the schoolboard.

Cummins' wife is not on the school board. She works for the school system.

I wonder where in the world they are hiding !

It seems to me that 'the bride' would have found the fun of this stopped back on Night One of the Day One, say, when she woke up because he'd spread out and she found pushed over into the seat belt gizmos whiffing their discarded beef jerky and kraft oreo snak pak wrappers as he was happily snoring away...... something 'romantic' like that.

Seriously: I can't imagine the victim thinks she 'wants' to stay with him now.

I think if he was faced with being caught and paying for his crimes he might attempt suicide. He talks a big Jesus game but imo it's an act.

I agree. And as a Christian, he probably isn't afraid to meet his maker.

Has anyone said whether the wife knew about him preying on this so very vulnerable little girl and being fired from his job, or did he snooker her to the end?

Sure seems like a 'super happy small town family man and new grandpa' thing to do to go buy his mother in law her hair dye at the local Walmart.

Has anyone said whether the wife knew about him preying on this so very vulnerable little girl and being fired from his job, or did he snooker her to the end?

Sure seems like a 'super happy small town family man and new grandpa' thing to do to go buy his mother in law her hair dye at the local Walmart.

I really don't think his wife had any idea at all. He was literally living two lives.

I'm not so familiar with Arkansas is it very rural in places? Thinking they dug in somewhere away from Spring Break

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I live in Little Rock. Arkansas is VERY rural in places, especially in the Northwest part of the state. Lots of places to camp and not be seen here.

I had "best friend" from childhood with Borderline Personality Disorder (it's in the same class as Narcissistic Personality Disorder, they call these "Cluster B" personality disorders). I can say from personal experience that the level of manipulation involved with these sorts of personality disorders is beyond belief. For literally decades, I was broken down and built back up by my so-called best friend and made to feel many times over like the crazy one was me. When I finally left this dysfunctional friendship, I did it without mentioning that there would be no contact ever again between the two of us. Like with a physical abuser, you don't announce ahead of time that you're leaving the person. I changed my email and my phone number to resist any temptation of being manipulated back into the friendship.

So the more I think about it, I wouldn't be surprised if ET both alerted a sibling to contact police by 6:00 AND left voluntarily (we know she really can't volunteer to do this because of the power dynamic and her age, but you know what I mean). Just like I believe that she both hid in a bathroom from TC at some point AND was simultaneously encouraging of "the plan". The emotional push-and-pull involved with a NPD or BPD type is a mind**** by design and makes no sense to anyone who hasn't been there themselves.

God, I wish they'd find them already! :banghead:

Im still thinking they are close and waiting for the hysteria to die down. In his mind, give it a few weeks to calm down, LE moves to another problem and then they will make their move south.

Exactly.

Sorry, I'm new here and don't know all the rules yet. :blushing:

Welcome! Don't worry about it. The mods will let you know when you've made a mistake and they're very kind about deleting and letting you know.

I tend to think they had time to refill their gas before anyone even noticed they were missing, but I acknowledge--absent of any information--the theory that they're closer to home is as valid as any. I added it to the list.

From my former post: While, yes, theoretically they could be "anywhere," it would be human nature to go somewhere where Tad had been previously and understood the lay of the land.

So far, people have offered these connections, but I bet we can discover more:

The immediate radius surrounding Columbia, based on how far they could get on one tank of gas without refilling.
See pic from another sleuther:
5977abd80b243cdfdc7af1f9759a0cbe.jpg

Mexico or Central America - He's done previous medical volunteer work in Panama and has ties to churches who have done trips to other CA countries (we don't yet know if Tad went on any of his churches' mission trips).

New Orleans - site of Tad's volunteer work in helping Hurricane Katrina victims

Knoxville - Relief areas post fire

Orange Beach, FL - apparent site of Tad's previous travels

Canada - A lesser # of people have suggested they went for the Canadian border

Remote NC - Some have suggested he may have went north from Decatur

As you're reading, would you let me know if you run across any info about Tad or Elizabeth's previous travels? Where did they go on family vacations? On school trips? On church trips? Where do they mention they have family? Where did Tad travel during his childhood? Where did they hunt or know someone with a cabin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really don't think his wife had any idea at all. He was literally living two lives.

His wife is the other victim, and I totally agree, he was playing the role of concerned teacher. And who thinks her husband is going to lose his mind over a 15-year-old? She must be going through it right now. I hope she is being comforted by friends and family daily.

Here is a possibility jmo but if they were smart and put there cell on a big rig or in the back of a truck at a rest stop it would ping at some point but stop after battery dies thus throughout off Leo's as to the direction they were headed https://www.reference.com/technology/can-track-person-s-cell-phone-turned-off-da59c3c348dcb4b6

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
Love's Travel Stop

1624 Bear Creek Pike, I-65 Exit 46, Columbia, TN 38401
(931) 388-1217

https://g.co/kgs/hFnuZT and there is a truck stop near by

Love's Travel Stop

1624 Bear Creek Pike, I-65 Exit 46, Columbia, TN 38401
(931) 388-1217

https://g.co/kgs/hFnuZT and there is a truck stop near by

I think that they would be seen on camera there, but how often are the camera checked. With truck stops having showers, I would think she would want to get cleaned up.

The more I read the more convinced I am that she was taken by force. I believe she met with him that day to talk, having no idea that his plan was to run. I also think she had become increasingly frightened of him which is why she told her sister to come looking for her if she didn't return. She's 15 and at that age crushes are fleeting. And while any male attention can feel good, there comes a point where a young girl will back away when she's feeling pressured. I think he coerced her to meet with him that day, told his wife he had an interview, packed up and once he got her in his vehicle he was in control again.

I agree. And as a Christian, he probably isn't afraid to meet his maker.

Someone who wants to do something will find a way to justify it, regardless of religion. He could see himself as a persecuted martyr, Romeo and Juliet type love, he could be mentally ill and not really care about right or wrong, he could realize how horrific he is being and off himself as penance, who knows. But I doubt his religion will stop him from killing himself or others if that's what he wants to do.

The more I read the more convinced I am that she was taken by force. I believe she met with him that day to talk, having no idea that his plan was to run. I also think she had become increasingly frightened of him which is why she told her sister to come looking for her if she didn't return. She's 15 and at that age crushes are fleeting. And while any male attention can feel good, there comes a point where a young girl will back away when she's feeling pressured. I think he coerced her to meet with him that day, told his wife he had an interview, packed up and once he got her in his vehicle he was in control again.

I've been wondering if maybe she did plan to run away with him, hence the IG posts and all, but then day of maybe she had second thoughts so she told the sibling to call the cops, then she goes to break it off with him and he either takes her anyway or convinces her to come along. Fits what I think we know at this point.

Time line from Maury County School District
Below is the list of events, all confirmed by school officials:

Jan. 24: School officials say they were first notified by another student that Cummins and Thomas were kissing in the classroom. Both of them denied the accusation. Cummins allegedly told students he's a father figure to Thomas and that they had both suffered from an abusive home life.
Jan. 25: The next day, an investigation begins within the school system.
Jan. 26-30: School officials interview students, staff and administrators about the kissing incident.
Jan. 27: Thomas is removed from Cummins' class.
Jan. 31: Maury County Schools learns Cummins is under criminal investigation. They turn over all information they have on him to police.
Feb. 3: Maury County school officials receive a tip that Cummins and Elizabeth were back in the classroom together even after he was told to stay away.
Feb. 6: Cummins is suspended from teaching at Culleoka Unit School.
March 13: Both Thomas and Cummins disappear. Cummins is fired by the school district.
March 14: Termination documents are finalized by the school district.

This new timeline contradicts*school officials' original response*when they said they suspended Cummins when they found out about the allegations.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Someone who wants to do something will find a way to justify it, regardless of religion. He could see himself as a persecuted martyr, Romeo and Juliet type love, he could be mentally ill and not really care about right or wrong, he could realize how horrific he is being and off himself as penance, who knows. But I doubt his religion will stop him from killing himself or others if that's what he wants to do.

And he also posted an image on Instagram that said something about spending his final breaths with his beloved. Not good.

I think that they would be seen on camera there, but how often are the camera checked. With truck stops having showers, I would think she would want to get cleaned up.

If she had started pulling away as some articles suggest, he may be out an about without her. He may have her locked up somewhere until she's a "good girl" again while he's out getting supplies, gas, showering, etc. I say this because I think it's important to not only look for her, but to look for him as well. In another article it said he was looking for a job in Decatur, means she's most likely locked away somewhere, hidden, maybe in a remote area. It also means he's run out or is close to running out of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver