Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am catching up, but don't think TC is hiding ET in a motel or hotel. Don't most it not all motels/hotels require ID and Credit cards to check in? I thought you had to have a card on file. Could TC have help? Some one giving him a place to hide ET?
I think there are many tiny, old motels where you can just pay cash and no one asks any questions.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

A few things:

I think his wife called because he didn't come home on time and she may have noticed something off or missing. Bc he was being investigated already, she would've been extra suspicious and rightly so.

I feel strongly that he has access to the internet intermittently. He could be using another device, like a Kindle, to get on public wifi from a parking lot.

If Shoney's and the friend's family really aren't cooperating, it makes me think that Elizabeth may have led them to believe she needed to flee. Why else would they cover for something like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there are many tiny, old motels where you can just pay cash and no one asks any questions.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Right, like "by-the-hour" fleabag motels frequented by prostitutes and drug dealers who need temporary "office space".

A few things:

I think his wife called because he didn't come home on time and she may have noticed something off or missing. Bc he was being investigated already, she would've been extra suspicious and rightly so.

I feel strongly that he has access to the internet intermittently. He could be using another device, like a Kindle, to get on public wifi from a parking lot.

If Shoney's and the friend's family really aren't cooperating, it makes me think that Elizabeth may have led them to believe she needed to flee. Why else would they cover for something like this?

Elizabeth's sister said he told his wife that he was leaving, and she called the detective working on Elizabeth's case at the school.

IMO.. that is the investigator's fault. They need to assure the family that regardless of what this young girl says, she will not be held liable in any way. As a parent.. that is the only reason i would refuse to let my daughter talk to LE. This girl could very well have information that could've already led to ET's safe return.

Not necessarily the investigator fault, there are people that a just very skittish about talking to LE and especially where a minor is involved. It could be that the parents feel that this has been traumatic for their daughter. She may be dealing with some severe guilt feelings (not saying she did anything wrong at all), and she is a victim too. Hopefully at some point, if it this is the case, she will be able to get some support and reassurance enough to be able to talk to authorities. The list of victims keeps increasing. :(

Not necessarily the investigator fault, there are people that a just very skittish about talking to LE and especially where a minor is involved. It could be that the parents feel that this has been traumatic for their daughter. She may be dealing with some severe guilt feelings (not saying she did anything wrong at all), and she is a victim too. Hopefully at some point, if it this is the case, she will be able to get some support and reassurance enough to be able to talk to authorities. The list of victims keeps increasing. :(

They may be afraid too, because they know that he is armed and desperate. JMO

GMAFB. A child is missing.

A few things:

I'm thinking a Kindle isn't as fast or technically-equipped enough to satisfy TC's on-the-go needs. Plus, they're linked to an Amazon account by default so perhaps they're even traceable. I'm convinced of the burner phone theory. Here's a MSM article on burner phones and how easy (no ID required, can be bought in cash) it is to acquire one:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/columnist/saltzman/2016/09/17/whats-a-burner-phone/90382874/

.....snipped for focus.....

JMO

I agree. I think he may have bought a burner phone which we have talked about before.

From previous discussion I believe you can activate a burner phone and not provide your real information so long as you paid cash for the phone. Ive never actually bought one so if this is incorrect then someone please correct.

One thing I am pretty sure of is that a burner phone would have access to the internet like most smart phones.

He probably wants to know as much as possible about the investigation and what media is reporting about them.

He has to have some kind of access to media and the best way I can think of is a burner phone or he somehow has gotten some help to hide.

I dont know if either of them knew anybody else that would be willing to risk their own legal issues with giving them help but the longer this goes on the longer I wonder if they somehow have received some help. Maybe just early on and with the news pressure maybe that help is trying to cut ties if they have not already.

Somewhat OT
When I was very young and hanging with the wrong crowd we always talked about the legal age of 18 and how we felt we were somewhat immune to any serious trouble because we had not hit the magical number of 18 as far as most legal issues.

This was before courts started to treat juveniles as adults in some serious court cases.

That's what makes me think it is local LE and not the FBI dealing with this young girl and her parents. The FBI has resources and experience in dealing with this type of situation. They would have the authority to guarantee indemnity and an experienced grief counselor on call. Not to mention protection if TC is still close. Local LE in a town of 5,000 people... how much experience can they really have in this area?

So three staff members in his district have received letters of suspension already this year. That seems like a high number to me.

Now that you mention it, it does seem high, doesn't it? Wonder what the average is per county in the US.

So three staff members in his district have received letters of suspension already this year. That seems like a high number to me.

That was my first thought too. For a small district this has to be statistically significant.

IMO.. that is the investigator's fault. They need to assure the family that regardless of what this young girl says, she will not be held liable in any way. As a parent.. that is the only reason i would refuse to let my daughter talk to LE. This girl could very well have information that could've already led to ET's safe return.

Please do not blame LE.

We have no knowledge that they didn't give the friend and her mother those assurances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalo13