Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Burner phone" is just a term to indicate that the device is secondary to a main cell phone (like one that was bought on a contract or at least registered with a carrier who is delivering the voice and data plans on it). For some people (for example, those with bad credit), this option is the only way they can get a mobile device. So it's more common than you think (hence being sold at major retailers like WalMart, CVS, etc.) though that being said, if LE could establish where and when TC's burner phone was purchased it might be helpful.

Right. It may be helpful just to know where when and what store they ended up getting one. Assuming they did buy one.

I was thinking it would be a rare purchase these days but like you said it could be more common than I am thinking. Also if he had bought it in the days before they left then it wont help much to know what store.

I found the link below is helpful to understand them.

https://www.puretalkusa.com/blog/what-is-a-burner-phone/

That was my first thought too. For a small district this has to be statistically significant.

To me it suggest that the district is better at identifying these problems than might otherwise appear. ;-)

Its interesting in that link about burner phones and I could really see where he may have even bought a few of these and some purchases of them could be recent if he did not plan ahead.

Because if he ever has to leave her to go run an errand to get supplies it is the perfect way to stay in touch with her if they both had their own burner phone.

ETA
If one of them needs to run an errand they likely would only have one of them go and when the person is getting ready to come back they probably would like to be able to check in with them to make sure the coast is clear to return.
Similar to using a walkie talkie is how these burner phones could be used if they both had one.

https://www.puretalkusa.com/blog/what-is-a-burner-phone/

She has a wheat and tomato allergy. They were "home schooled" a book was never open in front of them. No organization. The church is a local Catholic Church but MC-ET also attended a local non denomination church as well.

It's hard to think of habits. They almost become part of a person so family members tend to forget about them. We will brain storm. I'm about to meet up with the rest of the siblings I will ask

Thank you for the information. I homeschooled (really homeschooled) my 3 and I hate to hear when it isn't taken seriously. :( I hope when she gets back she can resume her studies and reach her dreams.

To me it suggest that the district is better at identifying these problems than might otherwise appear. ;-)

That is a optimistic way of looking at it. ;) It may also be the only 3 that they know about or acted on enough to create a paper trail. :(

... We will brain storm. I'm about to meet up with the rest of the siblings I will ask

Have you guys considered going on camera with the media? I watched the video of your brother and sister interacting and I feel like a video from a few of the siblings could really make a difference if she were to see it. I remember reading that MC-ET was sort of a caregiver to some of her younger siblings. If they expressed how much they need her.. it could go a long way.

Have you guys considered going on camera with the media? I watched the video of your brother and sister interacting and I feel like a video from a few of the siblings could really make a difference if she were to see it. I remember reading that MC-ET was sort of a caregiver to some of her younger siblings. If they expressed how much they need her.. it could go a long way.

That's assuming she's got any control, and I don't think she does. It would be more helpful to have TC's children attempt to reason with him.

That's assuming she's got any control, and I don't think she does. It would be more helpful to have TC's children attempt to reason with him.

That assumes that they are watching media regularly and employing reasonable thinking.

TC's family won't go on camera any further than what JC already has IMO- they most likely already have an attorney that would advise against it if there is any possibility of a defense being created for him along the lines of "it really was love"
MOO- but my niece went throughout something similar with a teacher who fled to Bosnia from IL

This is a great idea!

JMO
I agree an idea like this could help.

If something along those lines were done I think the important thing would be to try to give her assurance that she has a safe place to return to. And that she is a victim of his conniving and she should not be in any trouble if she returns.

Using mainstream media to help her understand that could be a great idea.

That assumes that they are watching media regularly and employing reasonable thinking.

I believe his family is trying to stay of social media and not watch TV. I would probably feel the same if we were in their position. His family is probably ashamed and scared. It isn't fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver