Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy is fifty years old though. Nobody else has come forward to say he's acted improperly towards them. That I've heard of anyway.
IMO, there may be other victims who have spoken with LE. If there are, we won't likely hear about them until trial.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

A couple thoughts-

Have police checked ET's computer (or any that she may have had access to)? If he told her that he was going to take her some place in particular, she might have looked the place up to see what it was like.

This is kind of off the wall, but - if she cut her hair and dressed in appropriate bulky clothing, could ET pass as a boy? Nobody is looking for a teen aged male.

Also - hope police are looking for/have advised people to be aware of stolen license plates. Silver SUV's are a dime a dozen and with different plates, nobody would look twice. Another thing about an SUV, if they put the seats down she could lay in the back covered up while he drove, and it would appear he was alone in the vehicle.

All great ideas.

I would hope LE has throught to look through all her SM account activity and spoken to all her friends.
She could have shared the place that he mentioned to her that they may be going to.

As far as disguising. I tend to lean towards TC dressing as a woman rather than her dressing as a boy but all possibilities exist. And if he is narccist like was mentioned then he may have coerced her to dress a certain way if he didnt want to. So yea good point.

I also agree about license plates. I suspect he has changed his plates somehow.

I think they found dark plans/thoughts

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I have been frightened that he may seek an income stream from photographing her. I know it is far fetched, but it happens.

I have been lurking in these threads, but have followed the story since it started. As a teacher, this man makes me so angry. I am glad this is getting the national attention it needs to bring Mary EC home. It was just on all three major news channels in Columbus, Ohio. To her sister, prayers for you and your family that your sister comes home safe and soon. :heartbeat:

Sis,
Can you describe any of the clothes she typically wears?
Jeans and tshirts, or dressier like skirts and tops?
Casual style or more feminine?
Does she wear shorts?
Any idea if she took a one piece or two piece swimsuit? (I'm watching beach cams)
So very sorry she got mixed up with this predator!

Jeans and tshirts or leggings with almost dress length shirts.

Sis,
Can you describe any of the clothes she typically wears?
Jeans and tshirts, or dressier like skirts and tops?
Casual style or more feminine?
Does she wear shorts?
Any idea if she took a one piece or two piece swimsuit? (I'm watching beach cams)
So very sorry she got mixed up with this predator!

Sorry for second reply I'm tired. She took a two piece. She does own shorts but usually only wears them at home. She won't wear dresses. She usually dresses modestly.

We always here in missing people cases that the kidnapper stays close to the area he knows. Therefore, I feel he is around an area he has lived. Before and is familiar with.

The easiest thing to do would be to find a low-end rental apartment to rent where utilities are paid. Some dingy hotels have rentals like this. These places are only interested in you paying the weekly rent. The only thing that might catch them up is people asking about ET not attending school.

In the pictures we've seen, she seems quite able to change her looks to make herself look older.

She is also into FX makeup.
1986c5269c2b600dcc720fcae5146eae.jpg

Here's my opinion
Sadly he isn't going to be able to earn much money by "photographing" her, think about it. Even though she's a very pretty young lady, people can find whatever images they want online for free. They don't need to pay a creeper like Tad Cummins for images of Et when they could find the same thing for free in about ten seconds of searching.
I also don't think he'll pimp her out, he's a narcissist and probably wants her all to himself. Plus that would be so risky. Let's face it, Tad would stick out like a sore thumb if he showed up at any"track" and tried to sell off a15 yr old. I don't think he'd do online stuff like Backpage either.
Don't get me wrong, I believe she's in trouble but I don't think he's going to try to make money from photos or selling her body. IMO

She is also into FX makeup.
1986c5269c2b600dcc720fcae5146eae.jpg
Such a gorgeous girl, I hope she makes contact soon. I am on the other side of the world. I can remember being 15 and being desperate to change my life. I signed up for a student exchange, was interviewed by 50 year olds and came to your country. At first it was exciting but I thought everything at home would stand still while I was off on my adventure. If your sister could just appreciate that the sooner she gets home the more chance she has to have her very essence still in tact, and her touchstones waiting for her.
I hope you are holding each other soon.

Here's my opinion
Sadly he isn't going to be able to earn much money by "photographing" her, think about it. Even though she's a very pretty young lady, people can find whatever images they want online for free. They don't need to pay a creeper like Tad Cummins for images of Et when they could find the same thing for free in about ten seconds of searching.
I also don't think he'll pimp her out, he's a narcissist and probably wants her all to himself. Plus that would be so risky. Let's face it, Tad would stick out like a sore thumb if he showed up at any"track" and tried to sell off a15 yr old. I don't think he'd do online stuff like Backpage either.
Don't get me wrong, I believe she's in trouble but I don't think he's going to try to make money from photos or selling her body. IMO
what a relief

If she was hiding from him on the 11th and went with him on the 13th, I wonder if he blackmailed her into going with him.

This would make the comment about calling the police if she wasn't home by 6 pm understandable.

Keeping an eye out in NYC for them. I work directly across the street from Grand Central Station. Right near Times Square. I know it's a bit of a ride for them, but where else can they mix in and not be seen easily?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Thoughts...
1. I don't think they are at Disney or any other "dream" location. None of this is about her. Its about him and what he wants. Although he could have told her they were going to the beach or Disney just to get her in the car. She had/has no input into where they are going.
2. He knew he was about to be in a world of trouble with his family, his job and his freedom. He left and has no intention of coming back.
3. I don't think he has had more than a month of planning. I believe he thought everything was fine until 2-4 weeks ago.
4. I believe he liquidated as much of his possessions as possible in the past 2-4 weeks including any retirement monies he had. As well as any his wife had that he could get his hands on.
5. He is definitely keeping up with the news. He has a prepaid smartphone. (Only one, he would not allow ET to have one)
6. They are either close, within 4 hours. And well stocked.
Or they have help. If he researched he could have very well found a likeminded cult to take them in.
7. They are not on their way out of the country. If they try, they will be caught and he knows that.

This is not a fairytale come true and he knows it.

MOO

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

Several of you have mentioned the cult aspect. As some one who is pretty well versed in different camps within the Christian faith, it is my opinion that his local faith groups weren't the types that usually lead to this sort of extremism.

Often it's ultra conservative, right wing extremists who might be prone to living in seclusion, believing they're the only ones who can hear God, or a specific stream of Mormonism (not all) that believe in taking child brides.

However, Tad's churches--imho--are non-denominational ones that appear pretty moderate. They had rock music, encouraged humanitarianism, and so forth. I recognized some of the influencers he quoted from the faith and many of them would be neutral enough that a lot of us would look at them as inspirational. The people involved in the churches also seemed like mainstream middle class people most of us would view as normal (as opposed to more radicalized religious people who dress or behave differently).

And Tad himself seemed like he drew from all camps. He has countless quotes from motivational gurus and other religious sources that would be considered more aligned to Buddhist philosophies. He had a few political posts that swing a bit Democrat, even though he seemed to be voting for Trump.

I think Tad was fighting demons in himself and eventually started rationalizing behavior he knew was wrong. I think the delusions he holds now--that he can start a new life--are the product of his own psychology not one that was groomed by radicals.

This is my opinion based on what I have seen and read now. If anyone notices a connection to a very extreme religious group in his networks, that I missed, I would love to take another look and re-evaluate.

Without giving too much detail, I have worked with victims of religious abuse many times. While it's always a valid thought pattern to suspect this, my own opinion is that he doesn't have help, but that if he does, it's not help from a religious cult.

I think many things in Tad's situation and social media feeds would disqualify and ostracize him from cult members.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She isn't wheelchair bound. She actually bought both at goodwill before she was removed from the home. She has a restraining order against her to protect the children. She wants sympathy and thinks looking disabled will help. Her only problem is she is 350lbs

Thanks for that information. I knew that, as soon as i saw the interview with her.

Jeans and tshirts or leggings with almost dress length shirts.

I DO think that it makes sense that she thought this was a daytime tryst/adventure. She left no clues that she would be running away and what she did take, was stuff for a day. She must have thought that he may have other plans, so, she told her sis to look for her if not back by 6. If she had planned for a permanent disappearance, she would have been better prepared. She has been kidnapped. He will not let her contact anyone. She loves her siblings and would not deliberately hurt them like this. JMO

I have only been loosely following this so I have questions about the bag that was left at Shoney's. Did she come back to pick it up? What was in the bag?

They sure do according to the street view. It's mounted just to the left of the entrance - plain as day. Now granted that image was taken in 2013 but what business these days DOESN'T have security cams?

There is something there but it doesn't look like a camera to me. It's way too big to be a camera, and it doesn't seem to be pointed at anything in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member