Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nashville is only about 80 miles from the TN/AL line. Pulaski and Fayetteville. It's 82 miles from Columbia, TN to Decatur, AL but Columbia is a little off the interstate. So either they had their phones off for a whole and turned them on again or they were around in other areas.

If you left Columbia and drove the quickest way, you would be in Decatur in and hour and 15 minutes at the most.

Crossing the state line, you come to Madison and Huntsville, AL just a few miles over the line. Both are very large, especially Huntsville and they could have gone to Walmart or various other stores.

In both areas they wouldn't have stuck out really. Redstone Arsenal and NASA are both in the area and there are a lot of transplants that come and go from the military and government contractors in the area. Strangers wouldn't be put of place in either area as much as they would be in Decatur.

764193694bdfcb7b4550fb4e79b598a0.jpg

Decatur is bigger than you might be imagining. There are two high schools. Lots of strangers. And large employers that have many temporary employees (engineers, mostly). It is not a city where everyone knows everyone.

Decatur is bigger than you might be imagining. There are two high schools. Lots of strangers. And large employers that have many temporary employees (engineers, mostly). It is not a city where everyone knows everyone.
I'm aware about Decatur, but it isn't like Huntsville and there are still 3rd and 4th generation people there. Huntsville is full of transplants from all over the country, it's quite different than Decatur.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Unless they went to Nashville first...
Nashville is also about 80 miles from Columbia and Nashville to the state line is anywhere from 1.25 to 1.5 hours. That wouldn't be all day. You can get from Nashville to Birmingham in 3 hours.

So...from 8:30 am until the cell phone pinged at approx. 3pm in Decatur, AL, where the hell were they? If I had to guess, I'd be looking at outdoor sporting goods stores. There are several that would fit the bill in Decatur. Hopefully, LE thought to check those surv. cams.

That's assuming they still had the phones in their possession. If they'd dropped them into the back of a truck going the opposite direction from where they were headed, the trucker could have been making deliveries, stopped to eat, etc. Would a phone stop pinging if the battery ran down? They might have intentionally left the phones with low batteries so they would go dead.

Is there a spa in the area? you know, somewhere to get a massage, facial, etc? And can people visit Redstone?

Yes, many spas. But you can't visit the arsenal without going through security.

The guy is fifty years old though. Nobody else has come forward to say he's acted improperly towards them. That I've heard of anyway.
Actually it was mentioned in the last thread about TC lying to students so he could get another young girl alone with him in the classroom.

Forgive me if already posted. But this is interesting: according to dad, one time TC went to where ET worked and she hid from him.

http://wate.com/2017/03/26/attorney-family-says-elizabeth-thomas-once-hid-from-cummins/

Could be a lot of reasons for that besides being afraid of him. Maybe she didn't have makeup on/messy hair/dirty from working and didn't want him to see her at less than her best. Or, maybe she feared the boss or someone would pick up on the inappropriate relationship between them and say something?

Several Spas in Huntsville and yes there are parts of Redstone you can get on. I did a post after this about something that came to mind.

The Space and Rocket Center is a good bet, where you could possibly blend in a crowd. The arsenal itself is another matter. I went in once and went through several layers of security - and I had to have a sponsor inside.

Kat, there are no words to say how sorry everyone is for you, your family and Elizabeth. You've been very gracious with your time here today. Don't know how you are getting through this, but hopefully the support you have seen here will sustain you and your family a little longer. I know it must be incredibly frustrating to not be able to say everything that's going on with the case, but you have done an oustanding job. Hopefully the FBI can expedite the Go FundMe account process as I'm sure you will have a lot of support. As far as the rudeness from some in your community, remember what goes around comes around. Just wait until they need support for one reason or another. Keep your held high and look forward to the day ET comes home. You know she will. Praying for you and your family.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Another thing I'm confused about...if ET tells her sister to come looking for her if she's not back by 6:00, why did she bring along a bag of clothes, bathing suit, hair products, etc.? Can't help but wonder if she maybe confided in the sister, and the sister grew concerned about the whole thing and decided herself to ring the alarm.

Yeah, the call the cops at 6pm thing doesn't make sense with her taking clothes and intending to leave --- unless --- could she have feared that someone in the family would start looking for her BEFORE 6pm, and she wanted to ensure that they had that much of a head start?

We always here in missing people cases that the kidnapper stays close to the area he knows. Therefore, I feel he is around an area he has lived. Before and is familiar with.

The easiest thing to do would be to find a low-end rental apartment to rent where utilities are paid. Some dingy hotels have rentals like this. These places are only interested in you paying the weekly rent. The only thing that might catch them up is people asking about ET not attending school.

In the pictures we've seen, she seems quite able to change her looks to make herself look older.

People who support TC are mega wrong. He's a grown man. By the time you're that old you should know right from wrong!!

It could be mid-life crisis, in which case they are probably finding excuses for him to behave as if he is having a second childhood. It doesn't make it right or excusable.
Highly illegal mid life crisis!! HIs ex coworker believes him to be a narcissist who considers himself above the law. I knew a narcissist...dated one once. They start out with love bombing.

A couple thoughts-

Have police checked ET's computer (or any that she may have had access to)? If he told her that he was going to take her some place in particular, she might have looked the place up to see what it was like.

This is kind of off the wall, but - if she cut her hair and dressed in appropriate bulky clothing, could ET pass as a boy? Nobody is looking for a teen aged male.

Also - hope police are looking for/have advised people to be aware of stolen license plates. Silver SUV's are a dime a dozen and with different plates, nobody would look twice. Another thing about an SUV, if they put the seats down she could lay in the back covered up while he drove, and it would appear he was alone in the vehicle.

For some reason I keep feeling like Chicago is an option... it's a megacity and not that far from here.

I hadn't heard poor ET is wheat-allergic like myself. Hope she's got an epi-pen with her. <3

Actually there are multiple people in the area calling her a harlot for ruining a marriage. This includes church people and school people. There are people willing to take him back open armed and have her punished.
This is reprehensible! I don't even know what to say. This is so disturbing.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

It's bizarre that he left his work AND home computers there without wiping stuff off of them. I read something from a family member on another forum that said what LE found on his computer is what made them feel she was in danger. I'm wondering if they found child *advertiser censored*.
I think they found dark plans/thoughts

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Several Spas in Huntsville and yes there are parts of Redstone you can get on. I did a post after this about something that came to mind.

I lived on Redstone 2014-15. It isn't easy to get on the bases anymore, all Air Force bases now require a passport and someone to vouch you on- if you do not have military ID. I believe that may also be true for the arsenals.

The rocket center is outside the base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member