Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she thought she was going to a day trip, like I said.. Point Mallard Water Park is in Decatur.

Yes in Huntsville there are likely cameras at most of the stores. There are some serious, important Dept of Defense contractors there and Redstone Arsenal that is an Army Base, also NASA. It is the type of area that would be a place to worry about an attack. I know several contractors that work there and there is some big DoD development there.

He might have told her it was a daytrip, but that doesn't mean it was (and, of course, we know it wasn't). She might have thought she was going to a pool or beach, but he could've driven somewhere else completely. We don't know.

jmo

Just thinking out loud here... is it possible her "fear" of him at her place of employment was more fear of them being caught and then their plans to "run off" together being foiled? JMO

If she thought she was going to a day trip, like I said.. Point Mallard Water Park is in Decatur.

Yes in Huntsville there are likely cameras at most of the stores. There are some serious, important Dept of Defense contractors there and Redstone Arsenal that is an Army Base, also NASA. It is the type of area that would be a place to worry about an attack. I know several contractors that work there and there is some big DoD development there.

I see where you're headed. That makes sense. A day trip, go swimming shopping have some fun, but he's not planning on going back and she doesn't find that out until she's in the car.

Looks in hindsight as if she were trying to appease the beast. Teens don't break up well, that's a skill that takes years. I can't imagine at that age trying to break it off with an obsessive pedophile. Especially since the teachers were talking about it in a less than dignified fashion around other students and ET herself. What an absolutely incredible manipulator this man was. Had the students and teachers on his side while he continued to victimize her. No wonder she was acting the way she was.
I agree. I'm wondering if ET started to feel that it was going too far. And she wanted to pull away. But in her mind, how do you "break things off" (for lack of better terms) with a 50 year old teacher?!

He had her exactly where he wanted her.

I think she was afraid to go with him all while afraid to not go with him. And it was that conflict that he preyed upon.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Been lurking and following along. Trying to keep up on this case and think about her mindset. 2 things have came to mind so far w her.
Imo she did believe the whole fairytale love story from her IG posts. I think he won her over quite awhile ago. The hiding at work seems logical, even with her still being very into him and the relationship. I can recall a few times as a teen when myself or a friend tried to hide a guy we were dating or interested in from one another. Granted, it wasn't a 50 year old teacher, but still we thought our friends might mock us or try to talk us out of it so we played it off or even tried to hide it. One friend in particular started dating this guy our whole group kind of had a running joke about him being a tool for months prior to them dating. She tried to downplay the relationship to all of us, when looking back she clearly really liked him and was trying to live 2 separate lives w him and us. Teens are awkward and don't behave logically often.
Second, I was abused as a young child and had a really skewed view of love and men. I was desperate for love and looked for it in all the wrong places. I latched onto people that clearly did not care about me and then would be devastated when they also abandoned me. Being abused sets you up for a really skewed view on boundaries, relationships, and love. I do not think she will willingly leave him. I do not think she is grossed out by him. I do not think she sees him as a creep/weirdo/predator. I think she sees him as a savior *shudder*. I think she thinks is on an adventure w him. I think she feels very doted on and loved. I have been trying to recall my behavior as a teen and even young adult. I think if the wrong person had groomed me as a teen I could have fallen into this sort of nightmare and ran off w someone with ill intentions toward me. He knew exactly what he was doing w this poor girl. She still doesn't realize what has happened I fear. She thinks she is finally being loved and cherished. This breaks my heart.
I am going to keep following and thinking. I want to get in his mind and figure out his thoughts for the escape. I am leaning towards him having help, but if he googled anything or anyone the FBI would now have those leads I assume. I wonder how many contacts have been investigated on TC so far. This case is so sad.

All MOO.

This!

Thoughts...
1. I don't think they are at Disney or any other "dream" location. None of this is about her. Its about him and what he wants. Although he could have told her they were going to the beach or Disney just to get her in the car. She had/has no input into where they are going.
2. He knew he was about to be in a world of trouble with his family, his job and his freedom. He left and has no intention of coming back.
3. I don't think he has had more than a month of planning. I believe he thought everything was fine until 2-4 weeks ago.
4. I believe he liquidated as much of his possessions as possible in the past 2-4 weeks including any retirement monies he had. As well as any his wife had that he could get his hands on.
5. He is definitely keeping up with the news. He has a prepaid smartphone. (Only one, he would not allow ET to have one)
6. They are either close, within 4 hours. And well stocked.
Or they have help. If he researched he could have very well found a likeminded cult to take them in.
7. They are not on their way out of the country. If they try, they will be caught and he knows that.

This is not a fairytale come true and he knows it.

MOO

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

It's obvious to me that this little girl was conflicted in a variety of ways.

1) Would Tad really leave his wife and run off with me ?

2) Why would he do that?

3) Is he serious?

4) All this talk and lovey dovey on Instagram.............does he mean it ?

5) He's seems so angry lately...................why is he so mad ?

6) I really do love him.........................he is the only person that really understands me.

7) Why does Steelman get so many Time Outs ?

What is #7?

I see where you're headed. That makes sense. A day trip, go swimming shopping have some fun, but he's not planning on going back and she doesn't find that out until she's in the car.

This makes the most sense to me. Then I remember they were exchanging messages like "mission completed" and stuff. I never read IG other than what I've read about on here but enough discussion took place about the exchanges they had on social media to paint a picture. Still, doesn't mean Elizabeth really wanted to leave.

Ugh...I can not look at one more map tonight. I feel like I can drive all of Orange Beach in my sleep right now. :gaah:

She took her sisters bathing suit.

There were reports in the main stream media quoting her Father saying that the "things she took didn't make any sense." Can you expound on that and explain why the things she took with her seemed odd ?

What is #7?

You'll need to discuss that with the powers that be at Websleuths.............you may find out what it means right after I click on "send" for this message.

Let's put it this way.................when you're bad, and say things some people think you shouldn't say............they exclude you from the conversation for a week or so and let you mull over it. It's one of those rules that was never experienced by someone that made up the rule.

You'll need to discuss that with the powers that be at Websleuths.............you may find out what it means right after I click on "send" for this message.

It is Steelman's way of redirecting the conversation. :)

Yes and Madison and Huntsville are right off I-65, probably about 40 minutes from Decatur. Come across the state line, go to Huntsville to shop and eat or just waste some time.. Movie theaters, etc, then back on the road to Decatur. It could easily be 3 pm getting to Decatur then. Also Redstone seems to be his type of place, really serious stuff there.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redstone_Arsenal

Also I forgot about a place in Cullman, going there first could also take that time. Ava Maria Grotto and it would speak to his religious views.

http://www.avemariagrotto.com

What is #7?

The reason steelman gets too many time outs (meaning the moderators force him to take a break from websleuths for a short period of time).
I joked "too much beer".
Sorry, we get punchy around here sometimes.

I'm sad for you/family and your sister. I hope there will be a positive ending to this scary situation.

:giggle:

It's when our moderators get fed up with us breaking the rules and make us go sit in the corner. (They take our posting privileges away for a bit, so all we can do is read.)

Gotta admit, they have a lot of patience with the lot of us.

Yes and Madison and Huntsville are right off I-65, probably about 40 minutes from Decatur. Come across the state line, go to Huntsville to shop and eat or just waste some time.. Movie theaters, etc, then back on the road to Decatur. It could easily be 3 pm getting to Decatur then. Also Redstone seems to be his type of place, really serious stuff there.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redstone_Arsenal

Also I forgot about a place in Cullman, going there first could also take that time. Ava Maria Grotto and it would speak to his religious views.

http://www.avemariagrotto.com

Is there a spa in the area? you know, somewhere to get a massage, facial, etc? And can people visit Redstone?

The reason steelman gets too many time outs (meaning the moderators force him to take a break from websleuths for a short period of time).
I joked "too much beer".
Sorry, we get punchy around here sometimes.

I'm sad for you/family and your sister. I hope there will be a positive ending to this scary situation.

Map drunk. :crosseyed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members