Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Abusive relationships (here it is psychological) do not appear rational to an outsider. What may look like a "willingness to go along" may actually be a terrified response in an attempt to "manage the situation". The familar (doing what is expected) feels safer than the unfamiliar (leaving, telling the truth, saying no). Unfortunately people do not know what one is feeling, only how they appear to be acting. My opinion only of course.

Yes it's truth. I have the kids name that she begged him to tell TC she wasn't there. He is a minor so I cannot share that. She seemed to become scared of him at some point

You understand that her being afraid of him at any point is a positive thing, right ?

As the Tadster continues to lead this hidden end exclusive life, he will begin to come more unraveled and less sympathetic by the day. Somewhere along the way............ET may decide she's had enough.

Much like I advertised two threads ago...................Elizabeth-------------------All you need to do is turn on his original cell phone..............and then set it back down. That's it.

If he has a Tracfone--------------------------Turn it on.................dial 911 on the emergency locked screen and lay it back down.

Help is on it's way.

Agree.

I hope LE has checked main store records like walmart for all burner phone purchases in the surrounding 100 mile radius.

I cannot imagine purchases of real burner phones are all that common and just by finding where and when and what store one was purchased at could be vital clue.

I know they may not be able to track much about the phones usage but just by knowing where when and what store one was purchased at could give a vital clue where they may be hiding.

This is assuming that these devices are not purchased very often by people. I am guessing it is a rare purchase because most people already have a real phone.

I think they're more common than you might guess. We live in an area where cell reception is spotty (and almost non-existent from the house) and my 80+ yr old mom has a Tracfone just in case the car breaks down or something. Now, it's registered to her, but she easily could have given them a fake name - and you can buy minute cards almost everywhere, so no need to have a credit card to refill. Not to mention all the drug dealers/cheating spouses/teens that don't want their parents in their business who have burners.

And he's good at it. Really good. He's run off with a 15 year old girl and spent months publicly sending her love missives and parading her around his wife, who by the way is a fully functional 50 year old adult woman, and SHE thinks the marriage is salvageable and lurvs him. Why wouldn't a 15 old in this same situation be in way over her head. He really knows how to pick women who are able to be victimized.

bbm

They always do.

Is there any route from Columbia, TN to Decatur, AL that would take 5-6 hours? If they hit the open road at let's say 9am and the ping in Decatur was between 2-3, where were they? Taking back roads to avoid tolls? Stopping to get supplies? Did they stop to eat lunch somewhere along the route? Any large outlet shopping centers or malls to buy clothes? Doesn't take that long to travel, so what were they doing? Or did he give $20 to someone else to be good, travel to Decatur, turn on the phone and then ditch it?

She did bring a bathing suit.
Maybe she thought it was a day trip?
Jacuzzi? Heated pool? Indoor water park maybe?
MOO
FYI Point Mallard Wave Pool and Water Park is in Decatur but not sure when they open for the year, but could be open for Spring Break.

http://www.pointmallardpark.com

Smith Lake is another place, it is a huge lake and it is close to the areas. It goes through Cullman, Winston and Walker Counties. There are so many houses and camping trailers that stay year round. The lake is like 21,000 acres. Many of the homes and trailers aren't run by a Marina there. Some people live there year round, but many people don't so there are a lot of empty houses and trailers this time or year.

I think we should keep in mind that we likely only know a small fraction of the story ( and that's okay! With each of these cases, they usually only give the public little bits)
And we must also remember she isn't a typical teen girl. She's an abused and neglected child. She may react differently then others who where not traumatized.
So for me, it makes no difference if she got in the car willingly or was grabbed or coerced or whatever ,She's still the victim.
She's been through some really tough things in her life thus far, her coping mechanism may be very different then other teens and her reaction to stress may be very different.

Of course she's a victim...she's 15 years old for heaven's sake. Whether she thinks she loves him, went with him willingly, or was kidnapped at gunpoint, she is still the victim here. No one (certainly not me, anyway) is disputing that. I'm simply trying to figure out what exactly has gone on here so that we can find this girl and bring her home. It matters if she went with him willingly BECAUSE that might lead to clues about where they might be. That's really all I care about.

Is there any route from Columbia, TN to Decatur, AL that would take 5-6 hours? If they hit the open road at let's say 9am and the ping in Decatur was between 2-3, where were they? Taking back roads to avoid tolls? Stopping to get supplies? Did they stop to eat lunch somewhere along the route? Any large outlet shopping centers or malls to buy clothes? Doesn't take that long to travel, so what were they doing? Or did he give $20 to someone else to be good, travel to Decatur, turn on the phone and then ditch it?

There are lots of outlet stores in Huntsville.

You understand that her being afraid of him at any point is a positive thing, right ?

As the Tadster continues to lead this hidden end exclusive life, he will begin to come more unraveled and less sympathetic by the day. Somewhere along the way............ET may decide she's had enough.

Much like I advertised two threads ago...................Elizabeth-------------------All you need to do is turn on his original cell phone..............and then set it back down. That's it.

If he has a Tracfone--------------------------Turn it on.................dial 911 on the emergency locked screen and lay it back down.

Help is on it's way.

What if he sees her do it though? What if the call doesn't go through and he sees her doing something?
She can't be reading here if he isn't imo.

God, my heart just dropped when I read she was hiding from him on the 11th but went with him on the 13th. Makes the situation more frightening to me.

We don't have toll roads here and even back roads wouldn't take you that long.

There are lots of outlet stores in Huntsville.

Stores that might have cameras. Restaurants? They had to have stopped along the way and it makes sense to do something a teen girl would find fun. Any pet stores along the route? Buy her a puppy makes her less likely to try to leave.

It's obvious to me that this little girl was conflicted in a variety of ways.

1) Would Tad really leave his wife and run off with me ?

2) Why would he do that?

3) Is he serious?

4) All this talk and lovey dovey on Instagram.............does he mean it ?

5) He's seems so angry lately...................why is he so mad ?

6) I really do love him.........................he is the only person that really understands me.

7) Why does Steelman get so many Time Outs ?

03/11. She went missing 03/13
This might be the scariest piece of information so far.

However, she was still posting things on IG that same day and thereafter that wouldn't have led me to believe that she was fearful of him, at least not in the traditional sense.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

However, she was still posting things on IG that same day and thereafter that wouldn't have led me to believe that she was fearful of him, at least not in the traditional sense.

100% agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been lurking and following along. Trying to keep up on this case and think about her mindset. 2 things have came to mind so far w her.
Imo she did believe the whole fairytale love story from her IG posts. I think he won her over quite awhile ago. The hiding at work seems logical, even with her still being very into him and the relationship. I can recall a few times as a teen when myself or a friend tried to hide a guy we were dating or interested in from one another. Granted, it wasn't a 50 year old teacher, but still we thought our friends might mock us or try to talk us out of it so we played it off or even tried to hide it. One friend in particular started dating this guy our whole group kind of had a running joke about him being a tool for months prior to them dating. She tried to downplay the relationship to all of us, when looking back she clearly really liked him and was trying to live 2 separate lives w him and us. Teens are awkward and don't behave logically often.
Second, I was abused as a young child and had a really skewed view of love and men. I was desperate for love and looked for it in all the wrong places. I latched onto people that clearly did not care about me and then would be devastated when they also abandoned me. Being abused sets you up for a really skewed view on boundaries, relationships, and love. I do not think she will willingly leave him. I do not think she is grossed out by him. I do not think she sees him as a creep/weirdo/predator. I think she sees him as a savior *shudder*. I think she thinks is on an adventure w him. I think she feels very doted on and loved. I have been trying to recall my behavior as a teen and even young adult. I think if the wrong person had groomed me as a teen I could have fallen into this sort of nightmare and ran off w someone with ill intentions toward me. He knew exactly what he was doing w this poor girl. She still doesn't realize what has happened I fear. She thinks she is finally being loved and cherished. This breaks my heart.
I am going to keep following and thinking. I want to get in his mind and figure out his thoughts for the escape. I am leaning towards him having help, but if he googled anything or anyone the FBI would now have those leads I assume. I wonder how many contacts have been investigated on TC so far. This case is so sad.

All MOO.

Tomorrow is Monday - two weeks missing.
Hopefully, Elizabeth will be rescued.

Stores that might have cameras. Restaurants? They had to have stopped along the way and it makes sense to do something a teen girl would find fun. Any pet stores along the route? Buy her a puppy makes her less likely to try to leave.
If she thought she was going to a day trip, like I said.. Point Mallard Water Park is in Decatur.

Yes in Huntsville there are likely cameras at most of the stores. There are some serious, important Dept of Defense contractors there and Redstone Arsenal that is an Army Base, also NASA. It is the type of area that would be a place to worry about an attack. I know several contractors that work there and there is some big DoD development there.

Looks in hindsight as if she were trying to appease the beast. Teens don't break up well, that's a skill that takes years. I can't imagine at that age trying to break it off with an obsessive pedophile. Especially since the teachers were talking about it in a less than dignified fashion around other students and ET herself. What an absolutely incredible manipulator this man was. Had the students and teachers on his side while he continued to victimize her. No wonder she was acting the way she was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member