Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since TC showed up at ET's work, and she was clearly frightened of him, could this be considered stalking? Especially since she was a minor? And if this incident was after he was directed to stay away from her could that make a stalking case even stronger?

I hate to say it but I have been following here and I am sure I would not recognize TC if he was standing next to me. The same with this young lady.
I don't think that it is circulating out in the public enough.
I also do not have a lot of faith in TBI after some cases.

The case of Brittany Mae Smith in 2010 is the vibe I feel towards TC. There is a thread here for her somewhere.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/brittany-mae-smith-missing-virginia-girl-found-safe/story?id=12369764

TC may be a tad bit more organized than that perp but no less dangerous.
JMO

Do you think TC is having/had a psychotic breakdown?
I can't make sense of the fact he has no priors and is fifty years old.

Now, if his computer is loaded with perverted material, that's another matter.
We don't know yet one way or another though.

Yes it's truth. I have the kids name that she begged him to tell TC she wasn't there. He is a minor so I cannot share that. She seemed to become scared of him at some point

This is what leads me to believe he had a fantasy all wrapped up around her long before she knew. I think he'd been planning on leaving his wife for some time and only recently decided to groom someone to go with him. I think he may have been feeling her pull away and needed to regain control. I think everyone's focused on her, but I don't think she's driving this, I think he is. And the focus needs to be on him. Where would he take her to try to regain her adoration? It's why I asked what her dreams are, what she wishes she could be. You don't need to answer here, but ask around and think about it and give the info to LE. I really believe he's going to be trying to win her back. Just a gut feeling. And living in the woods, with bugs and dirt and no creature comforts just doesn't fit.

Yes it's truth. I have the kids name that she begged him to tell TC she wasn't there. He is a minor so I cannot share that. She seemed to become scared of him at some point

But not so scared that she wouldn't meet him at Shoney's and get into his vehicle with him? That just doesn't add up to me. Is it possible that she was embarrassed about getting him in trouble at the school, or worried that he might be pissed at her for that? Or maybe she was just freaked out about them being spotted together at her job?

I'm just confused because the Instagram messaging between them continued, she continued to go to his classroom even when ordered not to, she met him and got into a vehicle alone with him...that just doesn't scream "fear" to me.

JMO

She did bring a bathing suit.
Maybe she thought it was a day trip?
Jacuzzi? Heated pool? Indoor water park maybe?
MOO

That's a good thought I hadn't considered. Perhaps she thought he was taking her on a daytrip on her day off from school.

??IDK.

jmo

Another thing I'm confused about...if ET tells her sister to come looking for her if she's not back by 6:00, why did she bring along a bag of clothes, bathing suit, hair products, etc.? Can't help but wonder if she maybe confided in the sister, and the sister grew concerned about the whole thing and decided herself to ring the alarm.

I've read the younger sister didn't tell investigators this for over a week.
Maybe big sister knows if so or why.

Plus, where was the bag in the photo of E leaving? The Daily Mail (they're not always wrong) wrote a "backpack" was left on the bench as Elisabeth rushed to get to TC's car.

Hi Woe,

Yep, he has gone off the deep end for sure and I do think she is much danger.
I think he has had the propensity for this behavior for a very long time.
His illness has been brewing. I'm sure there had to be red flags all over the place.
I just really hope she is safe and will make a break for it.
JMO

Sure. I'm guessing reality is some people's eyes take better to them than others. It may depend on the person.

I am far more annoyed by glasses rubbing my skin, getting fogged up, rained on, smudged etc. than I have ever been with contacts. Again, since mine are extended wear, I only think about them once a month. I don't take them in or out or store or clean them. After 30 consecutive days and nights, they go in the trash and a new pair goes in for the next night.

I travel quite a bit (average 12 rt flights per yr) and do sometimes experience some dryness, but my eyes usually adjust. So easy for me I often forget to change them at the 30 day mark bc they still feel comfortable (tho my eye doc says it's bad for my eyes, so I try to remember) and end up wearing them more like 40-45 days.

I just think contacts would change his appearance more radically than glasses too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would absolutely have agreed with you about glasses vs contacts until the last year. Now I can't make it a whole day with contacts because my eyes are so dry. It may be different in men as they age, but I am about the same age as the kidnapper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But not so scared that she wouldn't meet him at Shoney's and get into his vehicle with him? That just doesn't add up to me. Is it possible that she was embarrassed about getting him in trouble at the school, or worried that he might be pissed at her for that? Or maybe she was just freaked out about them being spotted together at her job?

I'm just confused because the Instagram messaging between them continued, she continued to go to his classroom even when ordered not to, she met him and got into a vehicle alone with him...that just doesn't scream "fear" to me.

JMO

It's not unusual activity for a child who is being stalked by an adult, especially one who is in a position like a teacher. In school she has no control so she goes along with the program, but outside of school she has more control so she asks for help from peers. Remember, this is a well loved teacher, the cool one, and she's a brand new student who's already been bullied and her pleas for help ignored. It's the same as a hostile workplace. I also think he somehow convinced her to meet him that day, maybe played on her sympathies, apologized for his creepy behavior, etc. Told her she owed him to at least tell him to his face, after all he'd given her money and bought her things. These guys are good at what they do, it's why they're successful at it.

JMO

I think we should keep in mind that we likely only know a small fraction of the story ( and that's okay! With each of these cases, they usually only give the public little bits)
And we must also remember she isn't a typical teen girl. She's an abused and neglected child. She may react differently then others who where not traumatized.
So for me, it makes no difference if she got in the car willingly or was grabbed or coerced or whatever ,She's still the victim.
She's been through some really tough things in her life thus far, her coping mechanism may be very different then other teens and her reaction to stress may be very different.

Ok this may have been answered already but we're the guns he took rifles or hand guns could be a way of hunting for food and lead more credit to them ruffing it .

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

That's a good thought I hadn't considered. Perhaps she thought he was taking her on a daytrip on her day off from school.

??IDK.

jmo

Finally something that makes sense!
Still, if she was frightened of him, why would she agree to go along?

Oh thank you so much, I didn't realize how close (short of time/distance) it is between points in TN and AL. Alabama seems so far away, and a long drive, from my current location but it's only an eight hour drive to Nashville.
Nashville is only about 80 miles from the TN/AL line. Pulaski and Fayetteville. It's 82 miles from Columbia, TN to Decatur, AL but Columbia is a little off the interstate. So either they had their phones off for a whole and turned them on again or they were around in other areas.

If you left Columbia and drove the quickest way, you would be in Decatur in and hour and 15 minutes at the most.

Crossing the state line, you come to Madison and Huntsville, AL just a few miles over the line. Both are very large, especially Huntsville and they could have gone to Walmart or various other stores.

In both areas they wouldn't have stuck out really. Redstone Arsenal and NASA are both in the area and there are a lot of transplants that come and go from the military and government contractors in the area. Strangers wouldn't be put of place in either area as much as they would be in Decatur.

764193694bdfcb7b4550fb4e79b598a0.jpg

I hate to say it but I have been following here and I am sure I would not recognize TC if he was standing next to me. The same with this young lady.
I don't think that it is circulating out in the public enough.
I also do not have a lot of faith in TBI after some cases.

The case of Brittany Mae Smith in 2010 is the vibe I feel towards TC. There is a thread here for her somewhere.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/brittany-mae-smith-missing-virginia-girl-found-safe/story?id=12369764

TC may be a tad bit more organized than that perp but no less dangerous.
JMO

That was the vibe I got, too. In Brittany's case, her abductor drove her from Virginia to California in a week. TC and ET could be anywhere. And like you, I don't think I would recognize TC. To me, he looks like 1000 other middle-aged white men. Brittany was rescued safely. Let's hope Elizabeth is too, and soon.

No priors only means that this is the first time it has come to the attention of authorities. IMO, TC likely has a history of predatory behavior and with his ability to use religion to make people doubt their perceptions, he has managed to evade detection. His activity reported in this case suggests that he became bolder and sure of his invincibility. I also firmly believe as this case reaches more people we will see others coming forward with their experiences with TC, that is if some people in the community haven't scared them into silence when they see how ET has been further victimized by misplaced blame.

Ok this may have been answered already but we're the guns he took rifles or hand guns could be a way of hunting for food and lead more credit to them ruffing it .

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

In the beginning, I read two hand guns and a rifle.
Elisabeth knows how to hunt according to her social media (which isn't proof).

JMO

It fits the pattern of a predatory relationship, IMO. Young people who are manipulated like this, often get wrapped up in fantasy and are frightened by it. The emotions of a "relationship" like this swing from love, to fear, to shame, to anxiety, to love, etc. all the time. It is no different than any other abusive relationship. Think of adult women in abusive relationships. They fear their abuser, but still stay. They still love. They want to desperately leave one day and see incredibly redeeming qualities the next. They hate them one day, and then will defend them to others the next. It's a pattern of abusive, manipulation, and exploitation. It makes sense to me.
JMO.

She hadn't ever said that before leaveing any other time. Like any teen she was often late for curfew but was always home. The statement left my sister with a bad feeling so when it reached 7pm and she still wasn't home they reported her as missing.

Kat, Thank you for answering our questions. One of your earlier posts today is the most telling to me that she was not liking the developments with him. To have the foresight as a teen to make the comment about if not be home by 6p to take action...well that is a very powerful statement, realized fear.

That has been on my mind all day. You are all in my thoughts.

It fits the pattern of a predatory relationship, IMO. Young people who are manipulated like this, often get wrapped up in fantasy and are frightened by it. The emotions of a "relationship" like this swing from love, to fear, to shame, to anxiety, to love, etc. all the time. It is no different than any other abusive relationship. Think of adult women in abusive relationships. They fear their abuser, but still stay. They still love. They want to desperately leave one day and see incredibly redeeming qualities the next. They hate them one day, and then will defend them to others the next. It's a pattern of abusive, manipulation, and exploitation. It makes sense to me.
JMO.

And he's good at it. Really good. He's run off with a 15 year old girl and spent months publicly sending her love missives and parading her around his wife, who by the way is a fully functional 50 year old adult woman, and SHE thinks the marriage is salvageable and lurvs him. Why wouldn't a 15 old in this same situation be in way over her head. He really knows how to pick women who are able to be victimized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy