Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elizabeth's Instagram went from following 284 the other day to 285 yesterday. This morning she's following 286.

Might mean she IS on SM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or it could mean accounts she requested to follow before everything happened accepted her request.

A change of clothes. It was come back for

Is it possible someone else got her bag at Shoney's? I mean if no one saw anyone get it....just wondering. so sorry for her precious family....wish this evil person would let her go.

Elizabeth's Instagram went from following 284 the other day to 285 yesterday. This morning she's following 286.

Might mean she IS on SM.

It could also mean those followers only now accepted her request that was sent prior to her disappearance.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

They had to have gone somewhere to dye their hair/change their appearance. There aren't many public places that would facilitate that. It could account for the time they spent in Decatur, perhaps at a dodgy Motel.

IMO, they are not galavanting about on beaches or public places or baking cakes or riding jet skis even if they changed their appearances. TC knows he is wanted and is laying low. The vehicle description could have changed by now too because he could have traded in his vehicle.

Looks in hindsight as if she were trying to appease the beast. Teens don't break up well, that's a skill that takes years. I can't imagine at that age trying to break it off with an obsessive pedophile. Especially since the teachers were talking about it in a less than dignified fashion around other students and ET herself. What an absolutely incredible manipulator this man was. Had the students and teachers on his side while he continued to victimize her. No wonder she was acting the way she was.

I totally agree with this! Between the bullying and blame at school from both students and most unbelievably teachers, and what I think was immense pressure from TC, the odds she would be able to stand up to that were slim. :( Sadly, all it would have taken was one strong person at that school (adult) willing to stand up for her completely and be interested ONLY in her welfare and protection from the predator and the bullying. Where was that support? Maybe the "task force" the school is arranging can find that person (snarky).

IMO, they are not galavanting about on beaches or public places or baking cakes or riding jet skis even if they changed their appearances. TC knows he is wanted and is laying low. The vehicle description could have changed by now too because he could have traded in his vehicle.

My feeling is that they are probably using dispersed camping to avoid being seen. That said, there are places where you can do that AND be near a beach. I don't know that he's actually ditched the vehicle, but I'd bet my farm he's replaced the plates. Maybe more than once.

Elizabeth, if you happen to be reading. I realize you may want to leave but are playing along because you are afraid, and you might not be able to reach a phone to call for help.

One strategy might be to keep earning Tad's trust and pretend you are still committed to the plan. But then, if you are ever given the chance to go in and buy something on your own (like if he doesn't want the two of you seen together), you could tell the cashier while paying.

Say please don't react but I am Elizabeth Thomas and I was kidnapped. Tell them what vehicle Tad is in and where you are staying or heading. If you could manage to write this down and slip it to them on a note, even better. They may be able to hide you in a locked back room while calling the police or if you end up back with Tad at least police can track you.

God bless you. I believe you are strong and smart and you can find a way to leave if you set your mind to it.

Several of you have mentioned the cult aspect. As some one who is pretty well versed in different camps within the Christian faith, it is my opinion that his local faith groups weren't the types that usually lead to this sort of extremism.

Often it's ultra conservative, right wing extremists who might be prone to living in seclusion, believing they're the only ones who can hear God, or a specific stream of Mormonism (not all) that believe in taking child brides.

However, Tad's churches--imho--are non-denominational ones that appear pretty moderate. They had rock music, encouraged humanitarianism, and so forth. I recognized some of the influencers he quoted from the faith and many of them would be neutral enough that a lot of us would look at them as inspirational. The people involved in the churches also seemed like mainstream middle class people most of us would view as normal (as opposed to more radicalized religious people who dress or behave differently).

And Tad himself seemed like he drew from all camps. He has countless quotes from motivational gurus and other religious sources that would be considered more aligned to Buddhist philosophies. He had a few political posts that swing a bit Democrat, even though he seemed to be voting for Trump.

I think Tad was fighting demons in himself and eventually started rationalizing behavior he knew was wrong. I think the delusions he holds now--that he can start a new life--are the product of his own psychology not one that was groomed by radicals.

This is my opinion based on what I have seen and read now. If anyone notices a connection to a very extreme religious group in his networks, that I missed, I would love to take another look and re-evaluate.

Without giving too much detail, I have worked with victims of religious abuse many times. While it's always a valid thought pattern to suspect this, my own opinion is that he doesn't have help, but that if he does, it's not help from a religious cult.

I think many things in Tad's situation and social media feeds would disqualify and ostracize him from cult members.

Agree with this. As for trying to assimilate into a cult like one of those, I would doubt that too because I would think the cults would be quite suspicious of any outsiders and would be bound to find out that TC is on the most wanted list. TC would only be a huge liability to any cult or group. At least this is what I am hoping is the case.

Elizabeth, if you happen to be reading. I realize you may want to leave but are playing along because you are afraid, and you might not be able to reach a phone to call for help.

One strategy might be to keep earning Tad's trust and pretend you are still committed to the plan. But then, if you are ever given the chance to go in and buy something on your own (like if he doesn't want the two of you seen together), you could tell the cashier while paying.

Say please don't react but I am Elizabeth Thomas and I was kidnapped. Tell them what vehicle Tad is in and where you are staying or heading. If you could manage to write this down and slip it to them on a note, even better. They may be able to hide you in a locked back room while calling the police or if you end up back with Tad at least police can track you.

God bless you. I believe you are strong and smart and you can find a way to leave if you set your mind to it.

My bet is he isn't letting her go anywhere by herself except into a ladies' room. If that's the case, I hope she has a pen with her to write a message on the wall. I have another idea that might work. If she is in a store with him, she could very obviously shoplift an item to alert security.

It's crazy that there is the slight possibility that he could get away with minimal consequences! 

Yes! He needs to go down for a very long time. That is why I'm racking my brain to come up with other possible charges that might make it longer...impersonating federal officer, stalking, ANYTHING to add time!

Yes! He needs to go down for a very long time. That is why I'm racking my brain to come up with other possible charges that might make it longer...impersonating federal officer, stalking, ANYTHING to add time!

There would not be a charge for impersonating a federal officer because he said he used to be one, not that he is one.

I know. I asked a server in the restaurant if she heard about the two girls on the bridge in Indiana (my parents, who were sitting there had not heard). She replied, "no".
She was working and busy so no further conversation took place.
Many people do not pay much attention to crime and life goes on.
Totally agree. I don't think my Facebook friends were aware of this case until I posted about it.

I agree!!!!

My bet is he isn't letting her go anywhere by herself except into a ladies' room. If that's the case, I hope she has a pen with her to write a message on the wall. I have another idea that might work. If she is in a store with him, she could very obviously shoplift an item to alert security.

I agree he may not be leaving her alone now, but sometimes women in captivity gain the trust of the perp and are eventually given a bit more freedom. We've seen this in many cases, including some where the women heroically took their chance to escape.

Let's hope she has become suspicious of him and finds a way.

The Space and Rocket Center is a good bet, where you could possibly blend in a crowd. The arsenal itself is another matter. I went in once and went through several layers of security - and I had to have a sponsor inside.
Space and Rocket Center is on the Arsenal property.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Way back on March 22, she had 286 followers (or is this image updated from Instagram. I grabbed it from a March 22 Daily Mail article:

3E7F8E2500000578-4334902-image-m-2_1490121105926.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4334902/Amber-Alert-teen-Elizabeth-Thomas-called-wife.html

Here's another one from The Sun article, dated March 22:

elizabeth-thomas.jpg

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/31463...ial-media-profile-to-wife-before-disppearing/

Why Class of 2019?
Is that when she was suggesting she would be wife?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LostInMaine