Found Safe TN - MCET, 15, Abducted by Teacher, in Maury County, 13 March 2017 #17 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Clear your cookies/cache and you can read the articles again.

Was there any new info not previously released in this article? I don't have a subscription and I've used up all my "free" access to that site.

I was watching a video someone posted about Libby & Abby and this case was mentioned briefly before they went into the Delphi story and I decided to check out the case.

This creepy guy was a high school coach at a high dollar private school. He sexted a girl and merely made plans to have sex with her and he was sentenced to 14 years and has to do 85% of the sentence.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/crime/2016/07/29/ex-park-tudor-coach-sentenced/87697148/

I was watching a video someone posted about Libby & Abby and this case was mentioned briefly before they went into the Delphi story and I decided to check out the case.

This creepy guy was a high school coach at a high dollar private school. He sexted a girl and merely made plans to have sex with her and he was sentenced to 14 years and has to do 85% of the sentence.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/crime/2016/07/29/ex-park-tudor-coach-sentenced/87697148/

Snipped

"..also spoke of relationships ... allegedly had with other students that had not previously been made public."

This was not TC's first either. They seem to not be able to help themselves until they get caught.

I respectfully disagree; I feel that JC is indeed a victim. I can't bring myself to berate or bash her for her choice of words. She obviously hasn't fully processed everything and she's speaking of her own feelings. I just hope she doesn't do any more interviews for the time being. It's not healthy.

It is certainly not healthy for ET. This lady's comments not only underscore the apparent Maury County perception of the young abuse victim as a scarlet-lettered home wrecker, they ADD to those perceptions and bolden them. IMO.

<snip>

My gosh it has been an incredible battle to have even fellow sleuthers see ET as a victim. Some have stated they feel more sorry for the adult JC than the tragic child in this case.

RSBM
Not sure if the BBM above is referring to my quoted post. I have a lot of sympathy for JC; her life was turned upside down. However my sympathy for JC takes nothing, nada, zip away from my sympathy for ET. They're both victims of TC.

It shouldn't have to be a "battle" to convince anyone that ET is a victim. But everyone is entitled to their opinion, whether we agree with it or not. We know she's a victim. The law knows she is a victim. Does it matter if less than a handful of WSers have a differing opinion?

JC has a lot of processing to do. She's been knocked off her feet. Her feelings are her feelings. She's allowed to have them. It seems she has yet to come to terms with the fact that her husband is a predator. She'll get there with the right help. Hopefully no more interviews until then.

RSBM
Not sure if the BBM above is referring to my quoted post. I have a lot of sympathy for JC; her life was turned upside down. However my sympathy for JC takes nothing, nada, zip away from my sympathy for ET. They're both victims of TC.

It shouldn't have to be a "battle" to convince anyone that ET is a victim. But everyone is entitled to their opinion, whether we agree with it or not. We know she's a victim. The law knows she is a victim. Does it matter if less than a handful of WSers have a differing opinion?

JC has a lot of processing to do. She's been knocked off her feet. Her feelings are her feelings. She's allowed to have them. It seems she has yet to come to terms with the fact that her husband is a predator. She'll get there with the right help. Hopefully no more interviews until then.

bbm

Call me persnickety, but I DO think it matters in a "victim friendly" forum. Victims should be protected here, not scolded and minimized.

JMO

Has it been confirmed that the depositions are still going to be held?

bbm

Call me persnickety, but I DO think it matters in a "victim friendly" forum. Victims should be protected here, not scolded and minimized.

JMO

I get you. I think what bothers me is the picking apart of posters' words and accusing them of victim blaming. It gets old, IMO.

All I want to see is ET get the help and safety she deserves. She has been through enough in her short life. I want to see her protected until she can turn her life around and grow into a strong, happy, successful woman. Who is going to help her reach those milestones?

Some of the adults involved here, have failed her-and I do hold them accountable! I'm very upset about that.

JMO

Cummins is being held in federal custody on a charge of transportation of a minor across state lines for sexual intercourse. The charge carries a minimum sentence of 10 years in prison. In Tennessee, Cummins is being charged with felony kidnapping and misdemeanor having sexual contact with a minor.

http://www.al.com/news/huntsville/index.ssf/2017/04/amber_alert_elizabeth_thomas_f.html

It is bothering me that TC isn't being charged with more serious crimes. It sounds as if the leaving with her is going to carry more time if he is convicted. Is that because these charges are the easiest to prove and make stick? It just seems like the the law is not charging him with as much as he could/should be charged with.

This worries me and Im afraid he is going to end up with a slap on the wrist. I only have hope that he'll serve time because of the federal charges.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Maybe ET never said it but was made up to get LE working on the case immediately to find her. I might have said something similar for that reason.

I've had that same thought for a while. It could have been said to create more urgency to the situation.

bbm

JMO

Per TOS, JC is also a victim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cummins is being held in federal custody on a charge of transportation of a minor across state lines for sexual intercourse. The charge carries a minimum sentence of 10 years in prison. In Tennessee, Cummins is being charged with felony kidnapping and misdemeanor having sexual contact with a minor.

http://www.al.com/news/huntsville/index.ssf/2017/04/amber_alert_elizabeth_thomas_f.html

It is bothering me that TC isn't being charged with more serious crimes. It sounds as if the leaving with her is going to carry more time if he is convicted. Is that because these charges are the easiest to prove and make stick? It just seems like the the law is not charging him with as much as he could/should be charged with.

This worries me and Im afraid he is going to end up with a slap on the wrist. I only have hope that he'll serve time because of the federal charges.

Maybe they will add charges once they complete interviews with all involved.

Maybe they will add charges once they complete interviews with all involved.
I sure hope so! I know a case locally that someone pled guilty to abuse with sexual contact and he doesnt even have to register as a sex offender. The local DA very much believes in plea agreements, especially if the victim does not wish to testify. Quite a few sex crimes involving minors known to the defendant have been reduced to probation and court costs. Also has been a case of a police officer and a teacher abusing teens where the criminal cases were dismissed..they only lost their jobs. Im not sure if this is a nationwide problem but in TN and AL it is not uncommon.

COMPLIANCE IN TEENS:
I really don't think you should compare one teen to another teen. I have two adult daughters. They were absolutely easy peasy to raise. NONE of that teen rebelliousness you hear about. But then I had a bipolar son (not diagnosed til an adult), who stirred up things constantly, or he was severely depressed. We waited too late to get a diagnosis. My ex didn't and doesn't believe in that stuff. And I had no clue what I was doing.
Not once did I compare him to other teens, though. I only compared him to himself. Is he maturing? Is he getting better? That kind of thing.
If you want to compare ET to other teens I see it as pointless. You can only compare her to herself. I saw upthread someone mentioning that she hoped mcet would grown into a mature, happy adult. I do as well. She has a big circle of support so it's tremendously hopeful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OK that fills in a blank
Snipped
Tennessee Bureau of Investigation got a call from a Super 8 Motel employee who reported Cummins had stayed at a location in Oklahoma City on March 15-16, the report states. Once investigators confirmed the hotel guest was Cummins, a witness told them he had asked for directions to Wal-Mart, court records state.
Investigators got surveillance footage from a Wal-Mart near Interstate 240 on March 30 and confirmed Cummins and Thomas had been inside the store 15 days earlier.

So that was how they were tipped. So just good police follow-up on a tip, TC used his real name, if he didn't then they likely would not have been id'd there

Can I ask an off the wall question? Most VIN numbers have the imprint on the dash up close to the windshield of a car. It says in multiple reports that the vehicle was matched first and traced to him. How in the world did they get that close and TC not know? Am I missing a report somewhere? Was it during the night and the snipers might have seen it or something?
LE arrived at 4:00 am and stealthily checked the ID of the vehicle, then waited until TC was lured out, which was around 9:30 am.

Charges can be added at any time following an arrest. The charge on the original arrest warrant is the just one under which TC is currently being held.

There is no doubt in my mind that in this case, additional charges will be added. IMHO.

( I am not an attorney but have some experience with criminal background checks.)

:jail: :cow:

Creeper Maciej Ignaciuk (Max Kozak) only got 2 1/2+ years in July 2015. I think he gets out of jail this next coming 2017/2018 winter. I hope AW does not go back to him!!! She'll be 18-19 by the time he is set free.

http://www.bakersfield.com/news/bre...cle_84aba3bf-b9a1-538d-bb13-851d1d1aeca0.html
A 48-year-old man who pleaded no contest to felony sex crimes in connection with running off with an underage Wofford Heights girl was sentenced Thursday to two years and eight months in prison.

Creeper Maciej Ignaciuk (Max Kozak) only got 2 1/2+ years in July 2015. I think he gets out of jail this next coming 2017/2018 winter. I hope AW does not go back to him!!! She'll be 18-19 by the time he is set free.

http://www.bakersfield.com/news/bre...cle_84aba3bf-b9a1-538d-bb13-851d1d1aeca0.html

That's CA for ya just slap on the wrist. Just google teachers having sex with their younger students. Most are female and the last one didn't even have to register on the sex offender registry. Here's a couple. Too many to list. When I google teachers, sex with students only women coming up.

http://www.ksby.com/story/32776603/...acher-charged-with-sex-crimes-against-student

https://calcoastnews.com/2017/04/arroyo-grande-teacher-sentenced-for-sex-with-a-student/

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/sex-student-placentia-Diebolt-Teacher--391548381.html

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debra_Lafave

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Kay_Letourneau

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members