Found Safe TN - MCET, 15, Abducted by Teacher, in Maury County, 13 March 2017 #17 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am hoping that the media attention to this case will insure a stiffer sentence (because people are looking, see) and perhaps give lawmakers pause about consent laws and statutory rape (and associated crimes) sentencing.

I feel as though the sentencing is especially light when the victim is male. I do not have stats to back that up, just MOO from the cases I have followed in MSM.

Of course, societal views would need to shift as well, or people would be shaking their heads over "that poor teacher just trying to help that girl and she seduced him and now his life is ruined".

I just can't with that, but believe me it ain't just in Columbia, TN. :(

That's CA for ya just slap on the wrist. Just google teachers having sex with their younger students. Most are female and the last one didn't even have to register on the sex offender registry. Here's a couple. Too many to list. When I google teachers, sex with students only women coming up.

http://www.ksby.com/story/32776603/...acher-charged-with-sex-crimes-against-student

https://calcoastnews.com/2017/04/arroyo-grande-teacher-sentenced-for-sex-with-a-student/

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/sex-student-placentia-Diebolt-Teacher--391548381.html

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debra_Lafave

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Kay_Letourneau

YES! ^^^This! You posted while I was typing with my fat fingers!

All I want to see is ET get the help and safety she deserves. She has been through enough in her short life. I want to see her protected until she can turn her life around and grow into a strong, happy, successful woman. Who is going to help her reach those milestones?

Some of the adults involved here, have failed her-and I do hold them accountable! I'm very upset about that.

JMO

If Elizabeth Smart can get through this along with the 3 girls that were kidnapped in Ohio, held hostage in that house, and Jaycee Duggard I'm sure ET can too. I read Elizabeth Smart and Jaycee Duggards book tearjerkers for sure. I cried and cried. Very strong woman.

I am hoping that the media attention to this case will insure a stiffer sentence (because people are looking, see) and perhaps give lawmakers pause about consent laws and statutory rape (and associated crimes) sentencing.

I feel as though the sentencing is especially light when the victim is male. I do not have stats to back that up, just MOO from the cases I have followed in MSM.

Of course, societal views would need to shift as well, or people would be shaking their heads over "that poor teacher just trying to help that girl and she seduced him and now his life is ruined".

I just can't with that, but believe me it ain't just in Columbia, TN. :(

There are Federal charges in this case, and the minimum sentence is 10 years for what he has been charged with. I expect at least 10 years before any State charges are tried. IMO

If Elizabeth Smart can get through this along with the 3 girls that were kidnapped in Ohio, held hostage in that house, and Jaycee Duggard I'm sure ET can too. I read Elizabeth Smart and Jaycee Duggards book tearjerkers for sure. I cried and cried. Very strong woman.

Props to you for reading those books. I've wanted to but being an empath thought the books might put me into some sort of depression.

Jaycee... I can't even imagine. 18 years of pure hell...

CHARLESTON, W.Va. – A New York man was sentenced today to 17 and a half years in federal prison for transporting a minor from West Virginia to Virginia for the purpose of engaging in sexual activity, announced United States Attorney Carol Casto. Ian Michael Cramer, 27, of Amherst, previously pleaded guilty to transportation of a minor with intent to engage in criminal sexual activity. After Cramer is released from prison, he will be on federal supervised release for 25 years and will be required to register as a sex offender.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdwv/p...deral-prison-transporting-minor-engage-sexual

This makes me feel better.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

There are Federal charges in this case, and the minimum sentence is 10 years for what he has been charged with. I expect at least 10 years before any State charges are tried. IMO
Im worried in order to save ET from having to testify and going through these grueling emotional trials that they may offer him a deal to plead quilty. Just because there are minimum sentences doesnt mean prosecuting attorney can't lessen or remove a charge. Ive seen this more than not when victim doesnt want to testify against her abuser. For the charges he's facing I read she will need to testify. This worries me.

Props to you for reading those books. I've wanted to but being an empath thought the books might put me into some sort of depression.

Jaycee... I can't even imagine. 18 years of pure hell...
The books are really good. Finding me written by Michelle Knight one of the girls kidnapped in Ohio was very good too. What a little sweetheart she is.

The horrors all these poor girls faced at the hands of these monsters were atrocious. Hard to believe with Jaycee and Elizabeth both the monster men had women involved with their kidnapping.

CHARLESTON, W.Va. – A New York man was sentenced today to 17 and a half years in federal prison for transporting a minor from West Virginia to Virginia for the purpose of engaging in sexual activity, announced United States Attorney Carol Casto. Ian Michael Cramer, 27, of Amherst, previously pleaded guilty to transportation of a minor with intent to engage in criminal sexual activity. After Cramer is released from prison, he will be on federal supervised release for 25 years and will be required to register as a sex offender.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdwv/p...deral-prison-transporting-minor-engage-sexual

This makes me feel better.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Thats good news. Maybe stiffer sentences like this will deter these predators from doing this.

The books are really good. Finding me written by Michelle Knight one of the girls kidnapped in Ohio was very good too. What a little sweetheart she is.

The horrors all these poor girls faced at the hands of these monsters were atrocious. Hard to believe with Jaycee and Elizabeth both the monster men had women involved with their kidnapping.

Agreed, we tend to think of these predators as males, we don't want to believe a woman could do such things because it clashes with our notions of motherly/ feminine ideals.

I will consider reading these books. Thanks!

I saw a YouTube with Jaycee fairly recently; what a strong woman indeed! She was taken at age 11 and had 2 children by that monster, homeschooling them to the best of her ability. The human spirit is strong.

Creeper Maciej Ignaciuk (Max Kozak) only got 2 1/2+ years in July 2015. I think he gets out of jail this next coming 2017/2018 winter. I hope AW does not go back to him!!! She'll be 18-19 by the time he is set free.

http://www.bakersfield.com/news/bre...cle_84aba3bf-b9a1-538d-bb13-851d1d1aeca0.html

You may have been the poster who brought my attention to this case. She has to be 18 already; she was 16 at the time. I was shocked to learn that her abductor only got 2 1/2 years for a crime quite similar to this one.

hi all. do we know how ET is doing?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Elizabeth Smart had a supportive, stable, and loving family and community to get her through it. I just don't see that being the case here. If anything, ET's volatile home life probably helped make her more vulnerable to Tad's grooming.

Elizabeth Smart had a supportive, stable, and loving family and community to get her through it. I just don't see that being the case here. If anything, ET's volatile home life probably helped make her more vulnerable to Tad's grooming.
Her Dad, sisters and brother seem to be extremely supportive.

Her Dad, sisters and brother seem to be extremely supportive.

They do seem to be very supportiive and for anyone to suggest that her upbringing is at fault is totally wrong, This is a 15 year old exploited by a grown 50 year old man. I can not understand the mindset that defends him.

Im worried in order to save ET from having to testify and going through these grueling emotional trials that they may offer him a deal to plead quilty. Just because there are minimum sentences doesnt mean prosecuting attorney can't lessen or remove a charge. Ive seen this more than not when victim doesnt want to testify against her abuser. For the charges he's facing I read she will need to testify. This worries me.

Not for the Federal charges. All they need is that she was with him, across state lines and evidence of his intention to have sexual relations with her. She does not need to testify for the federal charges.

They do seem to be very supportiive and for anyone to suggest that her upbringing is at fault is totally wrong, This is a 15 year old exploited by a grown 50 year old man. I can not understand the mindset that defends him.

Not many are going to support his actions. The only support letters will come likely at hie sentencing for leniency. But there are two parts here, first part was the depositions to disclose to understand what happened truthfully to help locate them safely. That's happened. The second outcome as I understand it was to help prevent the conditions and conduct won't happen again. Hope that still happens.
MMO

Not many are going to support his actions. The only support letters will come likely at hie sentencing for leniency. But there are two parts here, first part was the depositions to disclose to understand what happened truthfully to help locate them safely. That's happened. The second outcome as I understand it was to help prevent the conditions and conduct won't happen again. Hope that still happens.
MMO

True and thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members