Found Safe TN - MCET, 15, Abducted by Teacher, in Maury County, 13 March 2017 #18 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is so hard to understand that this is typical behavior for a CHILD groomed by a PREDATOR?!? I continue to be absolutely sickened by these round about attempts to imply that the VICTIM was just casually going along with this. Just because she wasn't dragged off by her hair doesn't make this any less of a CRIME where a child was groomed by a predator.
I know. It's crazy to me. I suffered abuse (by a parent), and never once did it occur to me that I could leave. Usually I was focused on trying to please that person no matter what.

Do people feel the same about her mom? That since she stayed in the home, she was "willingly" abused and exploited?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Yeah, I live literally on the beach in California. I'm at the beach often. Almost daily. I've never seen a kayak there. Not once.

I see people kayaking off the coast of Rancho Palos Verdes all the time (Southern Cali).

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I don't think anyone need to concern over TC because he won't be getting out of jail any time soon, so that's taken care of for now.
But what about ET? Is she being legally detained as a minor for her own good, or does she get a say in things? She hasn't as a minor committed any crimes. If we can believe what she has said about still wanting to be with TC & not wanting to go home to her father's home will she be made a ward of the state and have to be placed into a foster care situation, or will she be forced to go back to her father? She isn't quite 16 yet, and unless they are going to detain her in a facility until she turns 18, which i don't know if that is necessary for her or acceptable to her, i think she will have to go somewhere and unless it is a place she will be happy in i think she will run again. JMO.
I think she's going to be in treatment for the foreseeable future. This is just my opinion, but I think as she continues to work through this ordeal, as well as the trauma from her mother, she may start to feel differently. Time will tell.

A lot of teens, at some point during those years, say they don't want to live with their parents. Some say they hate their parents, their parents ruin everything, etc. This happens in healthy homes, IMO. So I'm not really surprised, considering her background, that she said those things.

I agree and wouldn't be at all surprised if she hates the thought of going back to her father's home and the same old life. But what are the alternatives at this point in time? I don't think she will be staying in the facility she is in very long term because i wouldn't think that is necessary after a while? At some stage i would think she will have to reintergrate into a normal life, schooling etc. and perhaps with ongoing therapy? If she is a stubborn and self willed person she will want what she wants IMO.

I think she's going to be in treatment for the foreseeable future. This is just my opinion, but I think as she continues to work through this ordeal, as well as the trauma from her mother, she may start to feel differently. Time will tell.

But perhaps in her mind she doesn't see it as a traumatic ordeal? I was physically abused by both parents and ran away 3 times at age 15. The third time i was gone for about a year. No therapy back then but punishment instead. Back then parents dished out quite severe punishment to their kids. We were to do as we were told or else we were in big trouble. Even in school kids were physically punished. And i grew up just fine and learned a good lesson from it all. I laugh about it now with my adult children.

But perhaps in her mind she doesn't see it as a traumatic ordeal? I was physically abused by both parents and ran away 3 times at age 15. The third time i was gone for about a year. No therapy back then but punishment instead. Back then parents dished out quite severe punishment to their kids. We were to do as we were told or else we were in big trouble. Even in school kids were physically punished. And i grew up just fine and learned a good lesson from it all. I laugh about it now with my adult children.
I hardly think our own little rebellions compare with being in the national media spotlight as is the case here, imo.

That's my point about her treatment. She may not currently see the trauma for what it is. I think that's largely why she's in treatment.

Looks like he is fixing to plead not guilty

Yup. I was pretty sure he would.

From my link above

After leaving San Diego, they drove about 150 miles west to Slab City, a commune in the Sonoran Desert. It’s not known how long they stayed before they began travelling north.

Slab City Commune

Inside The California Desert Community Where Societal Rules Do Not Apply

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/slab-city-teri-havens-photos_us_563a3bf5e4b0b24aee4856ae

Okay someone on here proposed Slab city when they were missing. I thought "no way".

Cummins reportedly told the FBI that while testing the kayak, he ran into a law enforcement officer who gave them tips about the boat. He and Thomas were out on the water when that same officer came out to warn them the water was rough. Cummins assumed they’d been found out and became scared, sleeping with his gun beside him from then on out, the FBI agent said.

http://wkrn.com/2017/05/12/tad-cummins-asks-to-be-released-from-custody-ahead-of-court-appearance/

So he wanted to come back to his family, huh? So why did he sleep with a gun?

I think this would've ended violently if they hadn't outsmarted him.

I get the feeling he is "bragging and re-living" when he tells the officials about the nights they spent together. He has been spilling the beans and I wonder if he thought he could "get off easy".
He has no shame. He doesn't think he did anything wrong.

TC is a rapist and a danger to everyone in his path. I hope he loses everything that was dear to him.

ET will never be the same. He took the last little bit of childhood she had.

jmo

I 100% agree.

Pretty clear to me too.

I've driven Texas to Cali before in 24 hrs (2 drivers though).

The fact that he stopped and spent the night in Mississippi (i had to sing the song to spell MS:)) tells me all I need to know about his state of mind.

What's the deal with Mississippi.

With trials in Florida, I expect things like this to be obtained by media. I'm shocked that with this case, in addition to being federal, that media is getting so much of this.

Question: Are they getting through the "sunshine laws" (I know it's not called that in that state, but saying for lack of better word),

and if it goes federal..

I would assume a tight lock on information and evidence down the road?

Or since state also, we can expect more to be released?

Bueller? Lawyers here?

I guess if it's it sealed and is available easily to access, then we will probably see more.

Frankly all I'm familiar with is family law cases and criminal when it comes
to getting documents but alot of evidence is not online and i don't know how people get it. Websleuthers have known more about accessing docs than
I do.

Yup. I was pretty sure he would.

What's the deal with Mississippi.

The deal was that one would think that they would try to get as far away from TN as possible and they only got as far as Mississippi before they spent the night.

My point was he didn't have a plan beyond the 4500, prescription and heading South. To me what was on his mind was pretty clear.

I hardly think our own little rebellions compare with being in the national media spotlight as is the case here, imo.

Well i don't consider being beaten on a frequent basis by adults just some little rebellion. The difference is these days there is much more media & social media awareness when a minor runs from home especially with a 50 year old.
And never mind kids that live in violent homes on daily basis being physically and sexually abused by an adult parent or sexually abused by some other relative in their families that we never hear about. That is about 70-80 % of abuse cases from what i have read. And some even end up murdered by a parent or step parent. Who looks out for them i wonder? It's an effed up world where parents can't love and protect their own offspring IMO.

And as we know ET has her problems taken care of for now by being in treatment. I wonder how her other siblings that were abused physically by their mother are doing? Hope they are also getting some therapy if they need it.

Yet the Daily Mail is usually right. We will see, but the TV report the other day showed that ET's room is still empty. Which would seem to collaborate the Daily Mail's report that ET doesn't want to go home.

The footage of her room is from before she was found. The daily mail is repeating the ill intentioned gossip of one person who clearly doesn't have ETs interests in mind. They pay a lot, all discussed earlier. The Daily Fail has the worst record in the UK of reporting falsehoods and getting in trouble for that by far and can't be taken seriously. Way higher than any other slag rag.

Given all the trauma she has had in her life, ET might need a lot of help before she leaves the facility.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, I live literally on the beach in California. I'm at the beach often. Almost daily. I've never seen a kayak there. Not once.

A number of people with a lot of experience explained kayaking in open sea from SD to Mexico is nuts. It's doesn't happen all the time. In San Diego you kayak in the calm bay like areas near the shore.

The footage of her room is from before she was found. The daily mail is repeating the ill intentioned gossip of one person who clearly doesn't have ETs interests in mind. They pay a lot, all discussed earlier. The Daily Fail has the worst record in the UK of reporting falsehoods and getting in trouble for that by far and can't be taken seriously. Way higher than any other slag rag.

Given all the trauma she has had in her life, ET might need a lot of help before she leaves the facility.

I thought the video footage was from 20/20? No?
It's in the first 5 min of this video

https://youtu.be/ciyhd7nmZ5U
MOO

I'd love to see how easy it is for their route, but can't find a video. Can you link?

[video=youtube;o8iKr7MmYzU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8iKr7MmYzU[/video]

"I can't explain what he's done. Something has happened psychologically and mentally to cause what he's done," she said.

"I strongly believe that something is wrong with him, because the brother and man I know would never do something like this."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/13/us/tad-cummins-detention-hearing-mexico-plans/

MOO

In this article it says they planned to kayak from Coronado Island to Mexico. On the bay side, easy kayaking. But they would start on the ocean side. So no time to learn how to do it in calm waters. Good thing their practice run was a windy day that discouraged them. If the bay was challenging for them they had no clue what the ocean would be like. And no mention of life jackets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member