Found Safe TN - MCET, 15, Abducted by Teacher, in Maury County, 13 March 2017 #18 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad it is this fast. I really hope that when the trial is over ET can see the lies and manipulation he put her through.

Wonder if this is the start of the trial or jury selection? It will be a hard time finding people who have not heard of or are impartial on this case.

I always find it surprising how often my friends and family don't know anything about some of the cases that I follow. Especially when they are national news, like this one.

July? Holy canoli that was fast.

Federal court moves much more quickly than state court? We/I don't follow many federal cases here iirc.

Boston Bomber is the only one I recall that I have followed.

Is that perhaps the difference in timing is that it is Federal case?

I always find it surprising how often my friends and family don't know anything about some of the cases that I follow. Especially when they are national news, like this one.

This was a small community and everyone seems know everyone, and TC seemed to know a lot of people. Ant seems that a lot of people knew the Thomas family history as well.

I followed this one almost from the start before I registered here. It's difficult to believe this guy would throw his and his family's life away over this. Not to mention dragging the kid halfway across the country and subjecting her to all of this craziness. His entire plan, if you could call it a plan, was preposterous from start to finish and he's lucky one or both of them didn't end up dead somewhere.

I could almost understand say a slightly older male teen being love-struck and running away with her but for cryin' out loud this dummy is 50 years old.

This may sound like a crazy question, however, we have heard it reported that ET went along willingly.

My question is what if she insists on stating this if/when she testifies. What impact would this have on TC's charges?

Just curious as to the consequences if the therapy has not helped her to understand the manipulation that TC had over her. I pray ET is out of this mindset and on her way to a more positive lifestyle.

This may sound like a crazy question, however, we have heard it reported that ET went along willingly.

My question is what if she insists on stating this if/when she testifies. What impact would this have on TC's charges?

Just curious as to the consequences if the therapy has not helped her to understand the manipulation that TC had over her. I pray ET is out of this mindset and on her way to a more positive lifestyle.

She is too young to consent wouldn't matter to many what she said as long as she said she was with him

[emoji237]Always My Own Opinion[emoji4]

This was a small community and everyone seems know everyone, and TC seemed to know a lot of people. Ant seems that a lot of people knew the Thomas family history as well.

I agree....everyone seems to know everyone in small communities. I think it would be pretty hard to find even 1 local that didn't know about this case. However, since the trial will be in Nashville I don't think they'll have a problem finding jurors. MOO

Hi
In the Federal case it doesn't matter, she can't willingy agree and he is done.
In the state cases for kidknapping it will be a debate
I have a problem with how the term "willingly" is being used in this case and another way to describe her actions are "intentionly". And there will be IMO a debate on what is her "will" if she was manipulated and her intent. IMO she intended to go there that day, but the state will have a burden to prove that her "will" was taken from his grooming. The destinction between "will" and "intent" will be important in the state case for kidnapping charges.
In the Federal he is done IMO, plea deal in the works.

Hi
I have a problem with how the term "willingly" is being used in this case and another way to describe her actions are "intentionly". And there will be IMO a debate on what is her "will" if she was manipulated and her intent. IMO she intended to go there that day, but the state will have a burden to prove that her "will" was taken from his grooming. The destinction between "will" and "intent" will be important in the state case for kidnapping charges.

Yeah, and of course, all parents know that the will of a child (or of a teen for that matter) is not necessarily in their best interests...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, and of course, all parents know that the will of a child (or of a teen for that matter) is not necessarily in their best interests...

There's a reason we don't let kids have pizza for breakfast, Mackie D's for lunch and ice cream for dinner and dessert. No matter how much they'd like to.

Hi
BB by me and Underlined: NO... site the TN state statues that says this in Tennessee for a 15 year old. Thank you.

Disagree about a plea deal in Federal Court. I guess we'll see!

I think he will insist on a trial by jury and she will testify that she went willingly and they are in love.

I think he will insist on a trial by jury and she will testify that she went willingly and they are in love.

He certainly has the right to a trial by jury, but the two Federal charges are:
1. transportation of a minor with intent to engage in criminal sexual activities and
2. destruction, alteration or falsification of records in a federal investigation.

All the government has to do is prove that one or both of those charges is true beyond a reasonable doubt.

It doesn't matter one bit if they are "in love" or if she went "willingly". It is against Federal law to transport a minor across state lines with intent to engage in criminal sexual activities. The jury will be instructed to follow the law, regardless of their personal feelings.

He's going down. IMHO. :jail: :cow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members