Found Safe TN - MCET, 15, Abducted by Teacher, in Maury County, 13 March 2017 #18 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way I'd be okay with ET testifying in federal court, is if her therapist/counselor cleared her to do so and believes she's mentally, psychologically and emotionally ready to do that.

And then... she throws him under every bus in TN. Because that's exactly where he deserves to be for what he did.

Otherwise, it just seems unbelievably cruel for anyone to expect her to testify.

Isn't E's mother supposed to be in court on Friday the 14th? Tomorrow?

And does anyone know if TC's trial will live-streamed - oh - probably not - it's in Federal court. Well, maybe a few tweeters??

Is Tennessee Eastern time?

TIA!

I'm not particularly surprised by the request for a new trial date. IMHO, the defense is hoping that the public will forget about this case. They'll push it out as far as they can.

:cow:

I'm not surprised it was adjourned, I would think the defense would need more than 3 or 4 months to prepare for trial. Also, summer is not an ideal time to gather a jury together with most judges in recess and jurors on vacation. Other trials were probably already scheduled for the Fall courtrooms, so beginning of winter, after the holidays, is an ideal time to start.

Tennessee teacher accused of kidnapping student asks for new trial date

http://whnt.com/2017/07/13/tennessee-teacher-accused-of-kidnapping-student-asks-for-new-trial-date/

snipped

The motion states that the defense needs additional time to investigate and research issues in the case.

In the motion, Shabazz wrote:

“In light of the serious nature of the charge, the ongoing plea discussions, and the need to
conduct additional research and investigation, undersigned counsel submits that the interests of
justice will be served by the granting of a continuance. Further, he submits that the denial of a
continuance in the present case would deny him the reasonable time necessary for effective
preparation, taking into account the exercise of due diligence.”

Note - "ongoing plea discussions"

Google Alert - sharing:

Tad Cummins federal trial delayed until January 2018
http://www.tennessean.com/story/new...l-trial-delayed-until-january-2018/479048001/

The Maury County teacher accused of taking his 15-year-old student to California and leading authorities on a nationwide manhunt won't face trial until January 2018.
As expected, the defense attorney for Tad Cummins asked a federal judge to delay his trial, which was set for later this month. The attorney, public defender Dumaka Shabazz, said he needed more time to research and prepare a defense for the complicated case.
"Counsel has been able to meet with Mr. Cummins in person and discuss the case. However, there is still much discovery, research, and investigation, that needs to be completed before proceeding to trial," Shabazz said in the filing.
[.....]
The trial is currently set for 9 a.m. Jan. 2 in Nashville, but there's still a chance the case could be pushed back further.

Why does that strike me as a really long time? Sure, summer isn't ideal because of the summer holidays, but why couldn't the trial be held in september and october? Or between thanksgiving/halloween and the christmas/december holidays season?

Tennessee teacher accused of kidnapping student asks for new trial date

http://whnt.com/2017/07/13/tennessee-teacher-accused-of-kidnapping-student-asks-for-new-trial-date/

snipped

The motion states that the defense needs additional time to investigate and research issues in the case.

In the motion, Shabazz wrote:

“In light of the serious nature of the charge, the ongoing plea discussions, and the need to
conduct additional research and investigation, undersigned counsel submits that the interests of
justice will be served by the granting of a continuance. Further, he submits that the denial of a
continuance in the present case would deny him the reasonable time necessary for effective
preparation, taking into account the exercise of due diligence.”

Note - "ongoing plea discussions"

This is interesting. Perhaps TC will cop a plea? I wonder.

Complicated, LOL. Maybe it's just me, but I don't see anything at all complicated about this.

My thoughts are the longer the time for the trial, if there is to be one, the more time for healing for ET.

Right now, I feel is too soon for ET to see him and upon seeing him in court, all her emotional feelings for him could come racing back. Hopefully, the more time that passes before she has to face him, she will have healed and be cognizant of what he did to her.

Another girl has come forward to report that TC was trying to groom her as well. http://whnt.com/2017/03/29/former-s...-he-sang-her-a-love-song-when-she-was-a-teen/
My gut tells me that the prosecution is asking for life w/o parole or a plea of 20 yrs with a "sorrowful " confession (a LA Anthony Wiener). Tad needs the time to dig up dirt on any potential witness. ET''s father filed a motion to compell testimony from any uncooperative witness. My gut tells me that they may have found another girl that TC may have abused.

That report in the link is about Destiny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know trials are exhausting, but I really hope they do not plea this *advertiser censored* out. This is a great opportunity to make an example. just sayin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roxie1892