Found Safe TN - MCET, 15, Abducted by Teacher, in Maury County, 13 March 2017 #18 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can take her picture down and put up Tad's.

It is always best to use the victim's picture when appropriate but you're right. This should come down.

Tricia
I see both sides, Tricia. I usually search for updates by the victim's name, but with minors, it's an ethical decision.

Except BLECCHHH! Tad's picture......just grody. Sorry.

I see both sides, Tricia. I usually search for updates by the victim's name, but with minors, it's an ethical decision.

Except BLECCHHH! Tad's picture......just grody. Sorry.

Agree with you on that one ElleBee.

When I say "I will take it down" what I really mean is Dave will take it down. LOL. It will be taken down when Dave is back on the board either tonight or tomorrow.

I will have to look it up but your primary residence is usually excluded from ability to pay calculations. The court will look at income/assets available after basic reasonable costs. It could also depend on the legal market in the area - are there low cost defense attorneys etc. You definitely don't have to be penniless to qualify for assistance.

She is avoiding putting it up as collateral for bond, if he gets any.
IMO she is staying one step ahead of him, filing for divorce to avoid any financial exposure while he was on the run, now selling the house to get out.
Too bad she didn't succeed in being one step ahead when she warned him he was getting too close to ET. She seems to be a very intuitive person if you think about it, getting good advice.
I don't think she will take him back. She is outahere.

I'm sorry, but to give ET's dad a pass for not seeing the horrific abuse those children were subjected to and then blaming JC for not seeing what her pervo husband was up to is quite the double standard.

BRAVO: not in response to your post, but rather "jumping off". :)

Your post reminded my swiss cheese brain that I wanted to make a point....lol

It happens and it happens not infrequently. Having grown up in a home where it happened and now working with abused children...it happens to good people. While I don't give him a "pass," I do acknowledge that this happens to good parents. Abusers know how to force silence in victims and how to hide it from people who would protect victims.

Lol. Totally O/T but I pride myself on having a decent vocabulary but I was in my 40's before I heard and learned the word "synedoche".

We never stop learning......hopefully :)

:escape: to google "synedoche" lol.

I remember a post here about a month ago and it had nine words I had never heard of before. In ONE post!

Needless to say, I did not google any of them lol.

Anyone from the area here actually know if the town is any less proTad anti ET? I don't think Kat is following this anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The impression i am getting is Tad is gross and wrong for what he did. There is still a very strong anti-ET, especially after the recent runaway who committed murder. Support for the family is turning into skepticism and close to being a witch hunt. And plan to see more from Paige.

It happens and it happens not infrequently. Having grown up in a home where it happened and now working with abused children...it happens to good people. While I don't give him a "pass," I do acknowledge that this happens to good parents. Abusers know how to force silence in victims and how to hide it from people who would protect victims.

My concern is that JC is not being afforded the same forgiveness as is ET's dad.

Seems odd. JMO

Lol. Totally O/T but I pride myself on having a decent vocabulary but I was in my 40's before I heard and learned the word "synedoche".

We never stop learning......hopefully :)

:escape: to google "synedoche" lol.

I remember a post here about a month ago and it had nine words I had never heard of before. In ONE post!

Needless to say, I did not google any of them lol.

Even more OT: Reading & then researching the word "synecdoche" (in my 40s ;) ) was the catalyst for what is now a long term relationship with my OH!

Even more OT: Reading & then researching the word "synecdoche" (in my 40s ;) ) was the catalyst for what is now a long term relationship with my OH!
:lol:
I just realized I misspelled the dadgum word in my original post!

And I would LOVE to hear that story! (Obviously not on this thread and sorry again for OT and I will stop now!)

There is still a very strong anti-ET, especially after the recent runaway who committed murder. Support for the family is turning into skepticism and close to being a witch hunt. And plan to see more from Paige.

That is just so sad. Can there be that many ignorant people in one smallish town?

IMHO

So I remember reading that TC attended a Nazarene church (source) and I was curious what their position on divorce is since JC has filed for it and I was hoping that they would be supportive of her decision. I found a manual on their website: http://nazarene.org/files/docs/Manual2013-17.pdf

Divorce is covered starting on pg 51: 30.1.
In biblical teaching, marriage is the commitment of male and female to each other for life, reflecting Christ’s sacrificial love for the Church. As such, marriage is intended to be permanent, and divorce an infraction of the clear teaching of Christ. Such infractions, however, are not beyond the forgiving grace of God when this is sought with repentance, faith and humility. It is recognized that some have divorce thrust upon them against their will or are compelled to resort to it for legal or physical protection.

30.3. Members of the Church of the Nazarene are to seek prayerfully a redemptive course of action when involved in marital unhappiness, in full harmony with their vows and the clear teachings of the Scripture, their aim being to save the home and safeguard the good name of both Christ and His Church. Couples having serious marital problems are urged to seek counsel and guidance of their pastor and/or any other appropriate spiritual leaders. Failure to comply with this procedure in good faith and with sincere endeavor to seek a Christian solution, and subsequent obtainment of divorce and remarriage, makes one or both parties subject to possible discipline as prescribed in 604-604.2 and 605-605.12.

I wonder if JC was seeking this counsel while TC was gone and they suggested that she file for divorce. I sincerely hope she has the blessing of her church, I think that will make actually leaving TC forever far more likely if she has the church on her side. I'm hoping she will go through with it regardless but having that extra bit of support behind her would make a big difference, IMO.

Obviously, since TC couldn't be there for this counsel (if it occurred), he would be subject to the disciple below:

604. If a lay member is accused of unchristian conduct, such charges shall be placed in writing and signed by at least two members who have been in faithful attendance for at least six months. The pastor shall appoint an investigating committee of three members of the local church, subject to the approval of the district superintendent. The committee shall make a written report of its investigation. This report must be signed by a majority and filed with the church board.

After the investigation and pursuant thereto, any two members in good standing in the local church may sign charges against the accused and file same with the church board. Thereupon the church board shall appoint, subject to the approval of the district superintendent, a Local Board of Discipline of five members, who are unprejudiced and able to hear and dispose of the case in a fair and impartial manner. If in the opinion of the district superintendent, it is impractical to select five members from the local church due to the size of the church, the nature of the allegations, or the position of influence of the accused, the district superintendent shall after consulting the pastor, appoint five laypersons from other churches on the same district to be the Board of Discipline. This board shall conduct a hearing as soon as practicable and determine the issues involved. After hearing the testimony of witnesses and considering the evidence, the Board of Discipline shall either absolve the accused or administer discipline as the facts shall establish to be proper. The decision must be unanimous. Discipline may take the form of reprimand, suspension, or expulsion from membership in the local church. (515.8)

I soooo hope TC is banned from his church, his "I'm a Christian" facade is awful and drags Christianity through the mud along with him. If he's kicked, that serves him right. Obviously, I want him to go to prison as well but I think him finding out that he cannot return to his church would be the cherry on top.

He attends a different church.. Destiny Church in Columbia. I can't figure out what denomination it is, but I think most Christians would condemn his behavior. Even if they are part of the small town group of people who judge ET, if nothing else they would disapprove of him committing "adultery". DISCLAIMER before anyone jumps down my throat - I am not saying *I* think it's adultery, I am firm that it's rape, but I am just saying that's what his community might think.

He attends a different church.. Destiny Church in Columbia. I can't figure out what denomination it is, but I think most Christians would condemn his behavior. Even if they are part of the small town group of people who judge ET, if nothing else they would disapprove of him committing "adultery". DISCLAIMER before anyone jumps down my throat - I am not saying *I* think it's adultery, I am firm that it's rape, but I am just saying that's what his community might think.

Oh you're right, I need to stop researching at 6am, lol.

Looks like Assembly of God according to this: https://ag.org/church?g=98ab4426-38b4-40a8-97ee-62838f1cfd36&d=False

Pastor name, address and phone number match up to their website: http://destinycolumbia.com/

Assemblies of God on divorce: https://ag.org/Beliefs/Topics-Index/Marriage-Divorce-and-Remarriage

It seems that they would be far more accepting of divorce (especially given the circumstances) and would be more likely to urge JC to divorce TC. Good, she needs all the support she can get.

I used to think that most Christians would condemn TC's behavior, but from what I have seen over the past 4 or 5 years, and especially over this past year, I am not so sure, anymore. The Catholic church also has problems with some of its priests, and with coverups of their behaviors. Those things taken into account, it is actually conceivable that TC's church isn't really bothered by the behavior as much as it is bothered by the publicity.

Oh you're right, I need to stop researching at 6am, lol.

Looks like Assembly of God according to this: https://ag.org/church?g=98ab4426-38b4-40a8-97ee-62838f1cfd36&d=False

Pastor name, address and phone number match up to their website: http://destinycolumbia.com/

Assemblies of God on divorce: https://ag.org/Beliefs/Topics-Index/Marriage-Divorce-and-Remarriage

It seems that they would be far more accepting of divorce (especially given the circumstances) and would be more likely to urge JC to divorce TC. Good, she needs all the support she can get.

Even here in the Bible belt , I think 99.9% of Christians would be supportive of JC and divorce. JMO, but hope it proves to be true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I no longer have "free" access to the Tennessean. Anything interesting?

JerseyGirl, you can either go to your browser settings and choose to "clear cookies" or open your browser in "Private" or "Incognito" mode. Either of those things will erase your free visits so you can start over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You never know about the Bible Belt. I have a friend that was beaten by her Evangelist husband several times. She filed for divorce after a brutal beating and the pastor of her church tried to talk her out of it. She divorced the jerk and moved to another state.

I like Columbia, TN. My best friend that I have had for decades was raised in Columbia and one of dogs is from a dog shelter in Columbia. You have wackos in every city that voices their opinion to hear their head roar.

You never know about the Bible Belt. I have a friend that was beaten by her Evangelist husband several times. She filed for divorce after a brutal beating and the pastor of her church tried to talk her out of it. She divorced the jerk and moved to another state.

I like Columbia, TN. My best friend that I have had for decades was raised in Columbia and one of dogs is from a dog shelter in Columbia. You have wackos in every city that voices their opinion to hear their head roar.

I agree, you really never know. I'm from Evansville, IN which is a small city with around 100,000 residents and there are people here that would condemn JC for divorcing her husband even under these circumstances. I used to attend an IFB (Independent Fundamental Baptist) church and it was stated over and over and over again on Sunday morning that divorce is unacceptable. If someone cheats then you have to mend the relationship, according to that pastor. He's since retired but his grandson is now the pastor (and they claim "it's not nepotism" - that's a real line on their website, LOL) so he's probably perpetuating the same thing.

This is also a church that taught (and probably still teaches) that self-esteem is evil, women and girls must be modest at all times and are responsible if men lust after them (the baby/toddler girls must wear tights under their skirts/dresses if that tells you anything), and women must submit to their husbands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbedprincess6