Found Safe TN - MCET, 15, Abducted by Teacher, in Maury County, 13 March 2017 #18 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I no longer have "free" access to the Tennessean. Anything interesting?

Just this financial info:

Cummins filed for bankruptcy, but had no previous criminal history.

Cummins filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy in 1999 and had a more than $12,000 judgment filed against him in Maury County in 2012 by Beneficial Tennessee Inc., but records show Cummins has no criminal history.

Oh you're right, I need to stop researching at 6am, lol.

Looks like Assembly of God according to this: https://ag.org/church?g=98ab4426-38b4-40a8-97ee-62838f1cfd36&d=False

Pastor name, address and phone number match up to their website: http://destinycolumbia.com/

Assemblies of God on divorce: https://ag.org/Beliefs/Topics-Index/Marriage-Divorce-and-Remarriage

It seems that they would be far more accepting of divorce (especially given the circumstances) and would be more likely to urge JC to divorce TC. Good, she needs all the support she can get.

Churches usually try to encourage you to reconcile first, but in the more extreme cases such as physical abuse or reoccurring sex outside marriage they usually (I think) would be understanding about divorce. I suppose every case/church is different. Breaking the law and taking off with a minor would probably fall under an extreme case in most people's/church's minds. But JMO.
I was in an evangelical church 30+ years. It was part of a big denomination. Most churches I visited are kinda alike in that respect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I used to think that most Christians would condemn TC's behavior, but from what I have seen over the past 4 or 5 years, and especially over this past year, I am not so sure, anymore. The Catholic church also has problems with some of its priests, and with coverups of their behaviors. Those things taken into account, it is actually conceivable that TC's church isn't really bothered by the behavior as much as it is bothered by the publicity.

It's certainly not only the Catholic church, we are just the ones who are associated with it the most. And a lot of the coverups are by the higher ups in the church, not the regular old church members. I don't think anyone in my church would cover up for a pedo priest or TC. But I suppose you never know.

It's certainly not only the Catholic church, we are just the ones who are associated with it the most. And a lot of the coverups are by the higher ups in the church, not the regular old church members. I don't think anyone in my church would cover up for a pedo priest or TC. But I suppose you never know.

Our church a Methodist would go by the Bible standings ...adultery can be a reason for divorce whether rape as this is or a relationship outside of their marriage.

[emoji237]Always My Own Opinion[emoji4]

Just this financial info:

Cummins filed for bankruptcy, but had no previous criminal history.

Cummins filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy in 1999 and had a more than $12,000 judgment filed against him in Maury County in 2012 by Beneficial Tennessee Inc., but records show Cummins has no criminal history.

This information would lead me to believe that their house mortgage is not paid off, and they still have debts that if he doesn't pay, the creditors will come after her for and affect her credit rating. (e.g. the debt from the loan he took out on the car)

ETA: A website I found interesting that speaks to this http://www.womansdivorce.com/debts-in-divorce.html

http://www.waynecountynow.net/singl...as-and-Tad-Cummins-both-due-in-court-tomorrow
"Kimberly Thomas will be in front of a judge in Columbia, Tennessee, tomorrow morning.

Thomas and her attorney will be in court asking a judge to dismiss these charges, according to the Maury County Circuit Court Clerk's office. "

About 50 miles up the road and a few hours later Tad Cummins will be in front of a US Magistrate.

One physically beats her and the other takes advantage of those circumstances to rape her. May they both rot!

This information would lead me to believe that their house mortgage is not paid off, and they still have debts that if he doesn't pay, the creditors will come after her for and affect her credit rating. (e.g. the debt from the loan he took out on the car)

ETA: A website I found interesting that speaks to this http://www.womansdivorce.com/debts-in-divorce.html

As I pointed out yesterday, they were not well-off prior to TC taking the $4500 loan.

JC was wise to file for divorce quickly to protect what little assets she has. I was thinking that if she asks for alimony, which she should be entitled to after 30 years of marriage (not sure about Tennessee laws) the court can take it out of his half of the proceeds of the sale of the house. I'm sure her attorney is all over that. I'm still wondering what she is driving today. I hope she sold the Jeep and got a shiny new car for herself.

This case definitely bothers me. I even woke up this morning thinking 'would I have been ready for marriage at age 15'. It was an absolutely ludicrous thought to me! Others claim to have been ready at 15. So not me.

Wondering what a jury will do if she refuses to testify against him. Can she be considered a hostile witness?

Wondering what a jury will do if she refuses to testify against him. Can she be considered a hostile witness?

It would be dangerous for both sides to try to make a teenage girl who is receiving or has received trauma care testify, I would think.

I think if she doesn't testify either prosecutors will try to make a deal or if they have enough evidence they will try without her testimony.

This case definitely bothers me. I even woke up this morning thinking 'would I have been ready for marriage at age 15'. It was an absolutely ludicrous thought to me! Others claim to have been ready at 15. So not me.

Anyone who claims that is kidding themselves, IMO. I was 20 when I got married and we had been together for over 4 years at the time and thought we were sooo mature for our age. Sure, maybe we were, but we still struggled a lot. We argued about big things and small things, we had money problems, we had job problems, the recession hit and things got worse, etc. We're still together (and happy) nearly 9 years later but I look back at who I was then and I'm sooo different. I was immature, selfish, and had no clue what the real world was like. I cringe when I see others get married so young, it's a lot more work than people let on.

It would be dangerous for both sides to try to make a teenage girl who is receiving or has received trauma care testify, I would think.

I think if she doesn't testify either prosecutors will try to make a deal or if they have enough evidence they will try without her testimony.

IMHO, they easily have enough evidence on the federal charges to convict without her testimony. And I truly hope that they do not call her.

:cow:

Will this really go to court?

I see a plea deal more likely but heck what do I know? Not much that's for sure :)

IMHO, they easily have enough evidence on the federal charges to convict without her testimony. And I truly hope that they do not call her.

:cow:

Agree. I doubt they even want her in the courtroom.

One of the commenters here (yesterday) said that it's surprising how tc gets so much support from his family even though he took off and never worried about them at all. It was also mentioned that something very serious could have happened to one of them and he still wouldn't have come back. He was focused on numero uno. (My words there).
http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/05/...le-daughters-and-sister-support-him-in-court/

One of the commenters here (yesterday) said that it's surprising how tc gets so much support from his family even though he took off and never worried about them at all. It was also mentioned that something very serious could have happened to one of them and he still wouldn't have come back. He was focused on numero uno. (My words there).
http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/05/...le-daughters-and-sister-support-him-in-court/

Denial is so much more than just a river in Egypt.

I still think Tad is going to plea guilty. His delusional fantasy has blown up in this face and has hurt/destroyed so many people. I hope he says 'guilty', lead me to prison and let the world forget I exist (at least for the next 10 or so years).

Don't put your victims through any more hell, Tad.

Also, lock up KT. She does not deserve to be free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahearn