Found Safe TN - MCET, 15, Abducted by Teacher, in Maury County, 13 March 2017 #18 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Colorado 3 nights

Cortez, not Castro

Water @ Coronado Bay had become "treacherous" and there was a small vessel warning.

And in same report by Staggs, FBI stated 5-7 times it was NOT a kidnapping. Say what? So what ARE they calling it?

And in same report by Staggs, FBI stated 5-7 times it was NOT a kidnapping. Say what? So what ARE they calling it?

Transporting a minor across state lines with the intent to engage in sexual activity,

I have a question that I don't recall being asked.

What are the options as to who could be paying for her treatment?

Would family insurance (Kaiser, Cigna etc) cover such yet the family pays?
Did LE whisk her to a facility that the family has to pay for but not covered by insurance?
Could the family have reached out to Elizabeth or Jaycee's organizations for help and funding?

I just wonder as this could be so very expensive for the family, and it could be out of their league for payment from their financials. I don't recall seeing any accounts set up....

:thinking: how this is handled?

If they don't have insurance, or have inadequate insurance...or if their benefits are depleted, they will have options. Every state has resources available to victims of crimes. There will be (if not already) resources available to her and her family. Beyond state resources there are also charities that specifically help with treatment costs for victims.

Some commenters think tc should be given a break because of a middle age crisis. How come only guys get to have middle age crisis?! Actually imo he was going through a lot less than many other people. He had a nice family, church, coulda had a good job, nice home. Spoiled in a lot of ways. Made in the shade as they used to say,
Also he was acting pedophil-ish in his attraction to a young teen so those things are hid from everyone else. Imo

Some commenters think tc should be given a break because of a middle age crisis. How come only guys get to have middle age crisis?! Actually imo he was going through a lot less than many other people. He had a nice family, church, coulda had a good job, nice home. Spoiled in a lot of ways. Made in the shade as they used to say,
Also he was acting pedophil-ish in his attraction to a young teen so those things are hid from everyone else. Imo

I don't believe that midlife crisis only happens to guys, personally. (Nor do I think he gets any sort of break because of it, if that's what he has.) The times I've seen it have been split fairly evenly between the sexes. Midlife crisis can happen to people who outwardly have all the 'stuff' and accoutrements that most people think should add up to a happy life. The problem is an inner emptiness that defies what others might see as 'being spoiled' by all the outer stuff. At its worst it can go beyond vague dissatisfaction--can actually be a mental break of sorts.

And, the way I understand it, a pedophile is attracted to prepubescent children, so while I agree the attraction wasn't normal, it wasn't pedophilia or "pedophil-ish." Someone found the term earlier in these threads. ET will be 16 yrs old in 3 days. She is not a young or prepubescent child.

I think it can legally still be referred to as an "abduction." Maybe Gitana will weigh in.

Before the two disappeared, she never suspected anything romantic might be going on, Jill had told reporters. Thomas and Cummins were close, but in more of a “father-daughter” way, she noted.

http://www.ibtimes.com/tad-cummins-...m=partner&utm_campaign=rss_yahoo_news_related

Why did she feel the need to tell him not to get too close to her if she was not suspious of their connection?

I'm guessing someone who's been married to someone for over 30 years can pick up a vibe that something is different, weird, or off--without immediately jumping to the conclusion that one's husband has suddenly started sleeping around with his 15-yr old student. (The term she and he used in conversation.)

I say let's give her a break. It would not be the first thing any woman married 30+ years in a seemingly happy marriage would immediately assume...(it wouldn't have been my first thought at that stage of marriage). Even though it might still be a curious, different enough vibe to make us uncomfortable. IMO, she is to be commended for having a conversation with him about it if she did at some point find herself uncomfortable with the situation. No matter how simultaneously ludicrous it must've felt to her.

Before the two disappeared, she never suspected anything romantic might be going on, Jill had told reporters. Thomas and Cummins were close, but in more of a “father-daughter” way, she noted.

http://www.ibtimes.com/tad-cummins-...m=partner&utm_campaign=rss_yahoo_news_related

Why did she feel the need to tell him not to get too close to her if she was not suspious of their connection?

Probably because he was ET's teacher. It's not a good idea for teachers and students to be close and spend time together outside of school. As a teacher you're supposed to have strict boundaries with your students, and people who work in the education field know this. Even if he had innocent intentions and only a fatherly interest in her (which we know now was obviously not the case), his behavior was inappropriate.

She didn't necessarily need to be suspicious in order to issue a warning. I remind my kids frequently about avoiding certain situations that may appear sketchy, even though I do trust them. I want them to be aware that what may be innocent to them may appear suspicious to those who don't know them. I could certainly see myself advising my husband of 27 years the same...but he's former LE so he's hyper aware of avoiding the appearance of impropriety.

Maybe she wanted to remind him that because of his position (teacher). He might be scrutinized more closely.

What's actually going on in this case now apart from the rehashing of the circumstances surrounding it? Is it going to Trial anytime soon?

I don't believe that midlife crisis only happens to guys, personally. (Nor do I think he gets any sort of break because of it, if that's what he has.) The times I've seen it have been split fairly evenly between the sexes. Midlife crisis can happen to people who outwardly have all the 'stuff' and accoutrements that most people think should add up to a happy life. The problem is an inner emptiness that defies what others might see as 'being spoiled' by all the outer stuff. At its worst it can go beyond vague dissatisfaction--can actually be a mental break of sorts.

And, the way I understand it, a pedophile is attracted to prepubescent children, so while I agree the attraction wasn't normal, it wasn't pedophilia or "pedophil-ish." Someone found the term earlier in these threads. ET will be 16 yrs old in 3 days. She is not a young or prepubescent child.

Severe major depression, inner emptiness or middle age crises all happen to many many, ok, beau coup, people so I really don't see it as a legal excuse in this case. It's like 'join the human race'!!
The reason I call it pedophilish, even though it's not true pedophilia, is because the lawyer said she is shaped more like a young person rather than a woman. So what did tc visually see? Someone who has the appearance of a child.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Severe major depression, inner emptiness or middle age crises all happen to many many, ok, beau coup, people so I really don't see it as a legal excuse in this case. It's like 'join the human race'!!
The reason I call it pedophilish, even though it's not true pedophilia, is because the lawyer said she is shaped more like a young person rather than a woman. So what did tc visually see? Someone who has the appearance of a child.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agreed, and I have not implied it is or will be any sort of legal excuse. (Not legal insanity, is what I posted.)

The family lawyer's comments regarding her appearance were what he put out in media immediately after the damaging, extensive Daily Mail account concerning what those at the commune reported about their stay and behavior. There were remarks made that they were "making out" by the campfire, that they acted like a couple in love, that she sat in his lap, asked to picked up by him, yada, yada, yada. This is a fire to put out for the family lawyer, whether or not those witness accounts were even (yet) stated in a court of law. So, JMO, but I see the lawyer's remarks as indicative of his doing his job rather than a necessarily accurate assessment of her physical development. Most of us following the case from the beginning have seen photos of ET on her social media accounts and are able to come to our own conclusions. My own personal opinion was that she appeared to be a typical 15-1/2 year old adolescent, not a prepubescent "little child."

no karinna, nothing new. rehashing and speculating...IMO...

yet kapua and aydrianna have brought up very interesting points in this thread...worth a read on all of their posts...

JMO, but the prosecution can really benefit from any of three (real and possible) scenarios whether a jury trial or plea deal:

1) ET is emotionally broken and too unstable for an affidavit or interview or any potential witness scenario in court...goes to brainwashing and manipulation, all to the state's benefit.

2) ET is adamant that they have a relationship (cue the daily mail article) and is unwilling to go home...goes to her being the perfect victimology for a predator.

3) ET is de-programmed by the trauma experts and accepts the fact that she's a victim and comes to terms with her awful experience, thus being the state's best evidence.

Not trying to put any of this on ET...but she WILL be interviewed at some point...hoping the DA has the wherewithal to make sure she's protected yet properly makes a stand against TC on her behalf, whatever the scenario...

Agreed, and I have not implied it is or will be any sort of legal excuse. (Not legal insanity, is what I posted.)

The family lawyer's comments regarding her appearance were what he put out in media immediately after the damaging, extensive Daily Mail account concerning what those at the commune reported about their stay and behavior. There were remarks made that they were "making out" by the campfire, that they acted like a couple in love, that she sat in his lap, asked to picked up by him, yada, yada, yada. This is a fire to put out for the family lawyer, whether or not those witness accounts were even (yet) stated in a court of law. So, JMO, but I see the lawyer's remarks as indicative of his doing his job rather than a necessarily accurate assessment of her physical development. Most of us following the case from the beginning have seen photos of ET on her social media accounts and are able to come to our own conclusions. My own personal opinion was that she appeared to be a typical 15-1/2 year old adolescent, not a prepubescent "little child."

The descriptions on the alerts had her much taller and the pictures well more mature that what was being posted/described as her much younger. It's a wonder she would have been recognized at all. That was not helpful IMO and there is not a good current physical or physiological condition depending on these third party observations but will be very surprised when/if she speaks on her own

I'm quoting my own post, but I according to an FBI agent who testified on Friday, JC "demanded" that TC stop taking ET to church. JMO, but the word "demand" tells me that she knew something was very off.

From Burt Scott Staggs, news director WOPC:

FBI: Jill Cummins became concerned in January about the appearance of a teen girl bring so close to Tad. She demanded that tl stop taking her to church.

https://www.facebook.com/burt.staggs

:eek:hwow:

yet kapua and aydrianna have brought up very interesting points in this thread...worth a read on all of their posts...

JMO, but the prosecution can really benefit from any of three (real and possible) scenarios whether a jury trial or plea deal:

1) ET is emotionally broken and too unstable for an affidavit or interview or any potential witness scenario in court...goes to brainwashing and manipulation, all to the state's benefit.

2) ET is adamant that they have a relationship (cue the daily mail article) and is unwilling to go home...goes to her being the perfect victimology for a predator.

3) ET is de-programmed by the trauma experts and accepts the fact that she's a victim and comes to terms with her awful experience, thus being the state's best evidence.

Not trying to put any of this on ET...but she WILL be interviewed at some point...hoping the DA has the wherewithal to make sure she's protected yet properly makes a stand against TC on her behalf, whatever the scenario...
White Rabbit love your handle
Go Ask Alice
Jefferson Starship
this is a real Alice In Wonderland rabbit hole
IMO she is broken and wont testify against him
Hope I'm wrong

Thanks white rabbit. Just wondering if anyone knew of a trial date or anything yet?

White Rabbit love your handle
Go Ask Alice
Jefferson Starship
this is a real Alice In Wonderland rabbit hole
IMO she is broken and wont testify against him
Hope I'm wrong

I doubt she will have to testify in Court but i would think she has given LE, FBI and whoever else statements as to what led up to all of it. So those statements could be read out in court by their family lawyer when making the case against TC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IndigoMagnolia2