Found Deceased TN - Noah Chamberlin, 2, Pinson, 14 Jan 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it normal for an 'endangered child alert'
http://utcecho.com/2016/01/17/endangered-child-alert-issued-for-missing-2-year-old.html
when LE say he is in the woods???

From your link:

"Been cold, wet, muddy, lots of hills, lots of hard terrain, lot of swamps, lot of bottoms. I just pray that the boy is good", volunteer David Terry said.

That, coupled with the way he was dressed and the bitter cold temps there tonight, I'd sure say that warrants an "endangered" child alert. Is it normal? I don't know, but it certainly seems appropriate.

I've been a volunteer SAR operator in north Georgia for many years. Started with a focus on missing aircraft, and have morphed into lost person focus. I've attended formalized training on managing the lost person incident and lost person behavior, and have participated in numerous live searches. Currently I'm with the Georgia Appalachian Trail Club's SAR team. The sar team's site is at http://www.GeorgiaSAR.com .

snipped for space

O/T but I'm very curious if you are/were in CAP?

ETA I mean don't go giving personal details, just the missing aircraft thing stood out. :)

I'm just reading the thread, couldn't remember my pw at first to comment :/ Do you think they will call in TES?

snipped for space

O/T but I'm very curious if you are/were in CAP?

:) I used to be. Was a cadet, then became a senior member with the Dekalb County Cadet Squadron. Left CAP back in the late 90's.

The Georgia Appalachian Trail Club's SAR Team still does joint training occasionally with CAP.

Tyler Whetstone ‏@tyler_whetstone 8m8 minutes ago
Flurries coming down in Pinson as we're past 9 p.m. on day 4. #FindNoah

Crap. :(

:ditto:

We need a miracle very soon. Blessings for Noah and all who care about him :praying::praying:

:) I used to be. Was a cadet, then became a senior member with the Dekalb County Cadet Squadron. Left CAP back in the late 90's.

The Georgia Appalachian Trail Club's SAR Team still does joint training occasionally with CAP.

Awesome! I know some people who are in it (cadets and senior members) and they are all very enthusiastic about it.

Come on Noah. Make some noise. :please:

Long time lurker and sometimes poster here:

Hoping and praying that they find this baby boy very soon!

I just saw the scope of the search area for Noah. Very discouraging. Where are you, little fella?

do we have anyone here DR? RN?
If baby Noah is out without shelter in these temps, dressed like he is and with no nutrition,
would he still be with us?
Please don't hate me, but IMOO I think time is running out.
If only it was warm.........:(

If baby Noah is out without shelter in these temps, dressed like he is and with no nutrition,

sad to admit but if he has been out there this whole time and has not somehow found significant protection from the elements - it would be miraculous for him to still be alive.

After this time period and not one sign of precious Noah, is it time for the lead officers to begin looking at other angles? Continue on with the search, however, start investigating other areas.

My first thought, and perhaps this has already been done, is to give polygraphs to the grandparents and parents to rule out any false stories or foul play. In fact, I would have thought this would have been done on Friday just as a standard operating procedure.

Haven't we heard about other parents taking polygraphs soon after reporting a child missing? IIRC Deorr's parents did.

Sadly, no. A child could not survive the winter cold for very long. 3 days is far too long to expect a rescue, imo.

ETA: I am not a RN or a MD, but I have done a lot of research. It is only my opinion though.

After this time period and not one sign of precious Noah, is it time for the lead officers to begin looking at other angles? Continue on with the search, however, start investigating other areas.

My first thought, and perhaps this has already been done, is to give polygraphs to the grandparents and parents to rule out any false stories or foul play. In fact, I would have thought this would have been done on Friday just as a standard operating procedure.

Haven't we heard about other parents taking polygraphs soon after reporting a child missing? IIRC Deorr's parents did.

IMO they have been investigating the other angles from the beginning while the searches have been going on. They have to look at all possibilities.

Sadly, no. A child could not survive the winter cold for very long. 3 days is far too long to expect a rescue, imo.

I think we all knew that already but it's sure miserable to begin considering this reality. No food, no hydration, no warm clothing, no shelter for this long? I'm not a doctor or a nurse, just a mom & grandma who knows that 2 yr old little people need taking care of - they can't do it on their own yet. I'm still going to hope for a miracle, but I won't be surprised if local LE announces by morning this is a recovery mission.

Since the initial call, they have been running parallel investigations. They have to take everything into consideration at the onset in the event it turns into a criminal investigation at a later point.

Praying for this baby.

Little new information was released Sunday, but Mapes did answer some questions. He said authorities immediately checked the state's database of sexual predators when Noah’s disappearance was reported. Nothing related to those checks was found to be suspicious, he said.

“As soon as it happened on Thursday, boom,” Mapes said. “They immediately found three sex offenders within two miles and they were all over that. That was done quickly. It was the first thing they did.”

Mapes also addressed rumors regarding deer cameras, which he said showed no video related to Noah's disappearance. An Amber alert has not been issued because the investigation remains a search for a missing child, not an abducted child, Mapes said.
“I didn’t know with temperatures and conditions [being poor,] I didn’t know what the response would be, but we’ve got people standing in line waiting to be picked up to come over here,” Turner said Sunday night. “They all have the same common goal: get out here and find this child.”

A low temperature of about 14 degrees was expected overnight.
Volunteers David Niven and Matt Brunet were two of the hundreds who waited in line to help search for Noah. Niven has three children under 10 and Brunet has two. Niven said that’s why he came.
Both said the lack of information coming out didn’t deter them from coming. As long as there is a chance Noah is still there, that’s all that matters, Brunet said.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news/local/2016/01/17/law-enforcement-continue-search-noah/78930184/

I honestly don't feel like this is anything except a child who slipped off into the vast woods and got lost. The grandmother thought she could handle both little ones in the woods alone. In one minute, her whole world changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876