Found Deceased TN - Noah Chamberlin, 2, Pinson, 14 Jan 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what this is about or if it was meant for a specific poster, and I couldn't find a post using this phrase. Just wanted to share that we also use this term all the time for male babies/children. e.g. "I guess our 'little man' is ready for his bottle now." Not sure if it just a southern thing or not :)
It is a term of endearment and I'm sure it wasn't meant to be offensive.

Likewise, we use "little lady" as well. It's nothing but a term of endearment for our littles/smallies/babies. (and I'm in Canada - from WA state - so it's not really a southern thing per se, but a mama/daddy thing all over, I'd imagine).

Not sure what this is about or if it was meant for a specific poster, and I couldn't find a post using this phrase. Just wanted to share that we also use this term all the time for male babies/children. e.g. "I guess our 'little man' is ready for his bottle now." Not sure if it just a southern thing or not :)
It is a term of endearment and I'm sure it wasn't meant to be offensive.
Not just in the south. I'm in Michigan and I call my toddler little man :)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Little man, little boy, toddler or baby, whatever- Noah is a cutie.

I honestly don't feel like this is anything except a child who slipped off into the vast woods and got lost. The grandmother thought she could handle both little ones in the woods alone. In one minute, her whole world changed.

I completely agree with you, except I think instead of in one minute her world changed, I think in 20 minutes her world changed. I think she probably looked away from Noah for 20 minutes. Or so.

I'm sure that "little man" is a term of endearment, but when it refers to a little fellow who is not likely to ever achieve manhood, it hurts to see him referred to as that. Little man ready for his bottle is one thing, a baby never to have another bottle or anything at all is something else. It just tears the soul right out of me.

Not fussing at anyone. People react differently to things. I don't think I've ever seen anyone refer to a missing 2 year old baby girl as "little woman."

Sometimes it's just a miserable world, isn't it? How many times can a person's heart break? Hang around WS and find out..... over and over and over again.

I completely agree with you, except I think instead of in one minute her world changed, I think in 20 minutes her world changed. I think she probably looked away from Noah for 20 minutes. Or so.
Where did 20 minutes come from? Granted, the article I read doesn't give a time estimate, but doesn't strike me as being so long.

Mapes said that Noah, his grandmother, and sister had stopped in the woods before he went missing.

"They sat down to talk and she was paying attention to the granddaughter, and when she turned around he was gone," said Tom Mapes, the spokesman for the Madison County Sheriff's Office. "She immediately went to look for him."

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news/local/2016/01/14/search-missing-toddler-near-pinson/78809882/

Sending special prayers out for this little one....

I would not give minutes unless you know this for a fact or it is somewhere is MSM.

My two boys could disappear in a few seconds. It takes my little a little under 30 seconds to run across my living room. Toddlers this age are super fast and have no real sense of danger.

Teedie2 - "Sometimes it's just a miserable world, isn't it? How many times can a person's heart break? Hang around WS and find out..... over and over and over again."

THIS^^

We come here, read the comments, make comments, become invested, hope and pray for a good outcome, sometimes the news is good, sometimes the news is bad. I am in awe of those volunteers. They are literally out there helping. All I can do is send UP good thoughts and hope that is enough. Wonder why some cases grab a hold and won't let go? Just some thoughts while awaiting updates.

Sorry, but I have little faith in the pond and creeks being "cleared". Too many cases where water has been cleared, and the missing is later found in the water. Small child would be very difficult to find. Then given their small body mass, the cold water, would take longer to rise and even then may not rise to thetop of the surface before sinking again.

Teleka Patrick, grown woman. Disappeared near a pond. It was searched multiple times, and confirmed as cleared. Months later, fisherman found her in that same pond.

Prayers for the family. Their pain must be indescribable. Prayers for peace beyond our understanding. Prayers for the searchers. At this point, if they find him, IMO, the time and details will be forever etched in their mind.

All jmo

In some comments I've seen on sm...it was said minutes..as in 2 or 3 I think the grandma said. The intuitive people on the comments are very detailed...I was really hoping they'd have found something by now :/

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I'm sure that "little man" is a term of endearment, but when it refers to a little fellow who is not likely to ever achieve manhood, it hurts to see him referred to as that. Little man ready for his bottle is one thing, a baby never to have another bottle or anything at all is something else. It just tears the soul right out of me.

Not fussing at anyone. People react differently to things. I don't think I've ever seen anyone refer to a missing 2 year old baby girl as "little woman."

Sometimes it's just a miserable world, isn't it? How many times can a person's heart break? Hang around WS and find out..... over and over and over again.
I called him a "little fella" because to me...he is. It is a term of endearment. At 2 years old, he is a toddler exploring the world and he is mobile. He isn't exactly a baby or an infant anymore. I see him as a "little fella" instead.

Didn't mean to upset you or anyone else. It is heartbreaking to watch these cases unfold and knowing the chances they will end badly.

uploadfromtaptalk1453096006247.jpg

So much water and hills

I called him a "little fella" because to me...he is. It is a term of endearment. At 2 years old, he is a toddler exploring the world and he is mobile. He isn't exactly a baby or an infant anymore. I see him as a "little fella" instead.

Didn't mean to upset you or anyone else. It is heartbreaking to watch these cases unfold and knowing the chances they will end badly.
Mine is 2.5 and I call him my little man or big boy or whatever term I come out with....we forget how small they are until situations like this because at home they're amazingly smart and wonderful.

I'm continuing to pray for this child! I live in Tennessee and the local news has been breaking my heart each night while I hear that Noah hasn't been found yet. Colder weather will set in for the next few days and the volunteers are much appreciated as they are working hard to find Noah. I'm praying for answers and praying for the search team. Thank you all for posting updates! This is so sad and devastating.

Sorry, but I have little faith in the pond and creeks being "cleared". Too many cases where water has been cleared, and the missing is later found in the water. Small child would be very difficult to find. Then given their small body mass, the cold water, would take longer to rise and even then may not rise to thetop of the surface before sinking again.

Teleka Patrick, grown woman. Disappeared near a pond. It was searched multiple times, and confirmed as cleared. Months later, fisherman found her in that same pond.

Prayers for the family. Their pain must be indescribable. Prayers for peace beyond our understanding. Prayers for the searchers. At this point, if they find him, IMO, the time and details will be forever etched in their mind.

All jmo

:goodpost:

I immediately questioned their statement that all water areas were cleared. With all of the rain, mud and ice I don't understand their confidence. A tiny little guy like Noah could be trapped under a branch or tree root and be nearly invisible. Without dragging, draining or dredging the ponds it doesn't seem feasible to be certain. Water is a primary attraction for little ones and if he fell in the icy water would incapacitate him quickly.

Waking up here in the UK and I want to look on here so much, yet I dread it. Finally pluck up the courage to do so and my heart sinks that this little guy hasn't been found but at the same time so grateful the thread title hasn't changed to something we all dread.

Please please let this little man be okay. Let today be the day this thread is filled with good news. Thinking of the family, their community is so amazing and must be proving so much strength.

Waking up here in the UK and I want to look on here so much, yet I dread it. Finally pluck up the courage to do so and my heart sinks that this little guy hasn't been found but at the same time so grateful the thread title hasn't changed to something we all dread.

Please please let this little man be okay. Let today be the day this thread is filled with good news. Thinking of the family, their community is so amazing and must be proving so much strength.

You just typed my thoughts too :(

Where are you Noah?

My heart breaks for his family. Especially Grandma. I have a 4 year old granddaughter, and a 2 year old grandson. I'm exhausted after I have them both for a few hours, and I'm in my mid 50's. Just the other night I opened the pantry door and saw my grandson in the living room at the same time. By the time I closed the door, he wasn't there anymore. I asked my granddaughter where's Desi and she said "he's over here." He managed to slip by me and get to the opposite side of the other room without me seeing him, and it was only seconds and in the house! (and it's not a big house with only the kitchen and living room on the first floor.)

I think he is in the woods and nothing criminal happened to him. He's just a little guy and could be easily overlooked when searching such a wide area. As far as the dogs go, I agree that children have less skin cells. Smaller, bathed probably nightly, and the rain didn't help with the smaller amount of cells. It is easy for us arm chair detectives to sit back and question the search, but until we are boots on the ground, we can not be critical in this case as it seems they are utilizing all methods available.

JMO

Also from the UK, first thing I did when I woke up was check this thread. Where are you Noah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
primelectrics