Found Deceased TN - Noah Chamberlin, 2, Pinson, 14 Jan 2016 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it might be possible they have other leads or theories that they're working on that go beyond lost in the woods. I say this only because of their statement that the FBI and the TBI are involved in the investigation.
I always hope they are looking at almost options, but bringing in the state and feds is just standard regardless, does not by itself mean anything other than they are getting the doors open for resources.

Well since the Sheriff doesn't want anyone going on Google Earth, I really don't know what else to do as far as trying to help find Noah here. The other night I was up all night staring at satellite images trying to identify ravines, ledges, water, etc and it felt productive. Whatever the Sheriff believes will best preserve the integrity of the investigation and protect the search areas I'm all for. As he said, all that matters is finding Noah.

Why would they care if anyone were on google earth? I mean that wouldn't really hurt anyone would it?

I suggest nobody bring up that Noah was carried off by a cougar. The police chief is tired and irritable, and if anybody was to frustrate him any further with rumors about middle aged hotties getting chased by mountain lions, he might just blow his cork and arrest everybody at the press conference because..............well, just because.
OT/ LOL Great! Now you have people confused that mountain lions aren't called cougars or pumas. ;) Next, we will have to debate what age cougars begin and MILFs end etc. Oh, what a rabbit hole it would be!

And you are right about that police chief being wound tight! He would blow his cork over that one. Poor fella is under mega stress already without hearing about middle aged hotties running amok!

BBM - Nothing is infallible - if it were we would have found him the first day. Dogs are a tool - helicopters with infrared capabilites are a tool - even volunteer searchers are a tool - but each and every one has at some time missed something. That does not make them a joke. Sorry but that just hit me the wrong way. I have sent many bloodhounds off to become SAR dogs and have a collection of photos and stories about the people they have found - some in time and some too late. They train very vigorously and the people who work with them are heros in my opinion.

Have been following along. Had to log in to give thanks to everyone for the updates and thank you JudyBolton for taking up for the search dogs. Bless you for your contribution to help find the missing.

I think his comment was likely connected to the flood of emails they have received with maps and such saying "search here". It sounds harmless enough but when you times it by the world, because people from all over the world are seeing it thanks to social media, it gets to be cumbersome. It is very frustrating because weeding through thousands of maid and psychics and gut feelings and rumors takes a huge amount of time.

Here's a question (maybe has been asked further back on the thread ... if so, please just ignore)

Suppose Noah had gone for a walk in the woods with his Grandma earlier in the week (surely this was not the only walk in the woods/maybe they visited Grandma often?) ... would the dogs be picking up old scents? I guess the obvious - they haven't found him yet - so even if the dogs are picking up scents, that doesn't really prove anything. Unless it was the one and only time he'd ever been in those woods ... however, if they said that positively NO scents have been picked up, well, that would be another thing.

(sorry if that's illogical)

You're correct, the dogs will hit on his scent if it is there, even if it is a few days old. If there were an older scent and a newer scent, in theory they're supposed to alert and follow on the freshest scent. I remember when dogs were searching for Malik Drummond they went down the street to a playground, so they definitely had his scent, but no one knew at the time if it was a recent scent or one from an earlier visit to the playground. Of course, now we know it had to have been an earlier visit to the playground, since he was deceased by the time the dogs were even looking for him. The upside is that it shows the dogs *can* find a trail!

Why would they care if anyone were on google earth? I mean that wouldn't really hurt anyone would it?

This is what I cannot understand either. It's not as if google maps are live, up to date footage either. Can't imagine it would hinder an investigation to let the public know at which point in the woods he was lost, out of sight etc. Of course as a poster said upthread it could be the fact that ppl send in emails giving their opinion on Noah's whereabouts etc. going by his last known whereabouts. Poor soul.

I think his comment was likely connected to the flood of emails they have received with maps and such saying "search here". It sounds harmless enough but when you times it by the world, because people from all over the world are seeing it thanks to social media, it gets to be cumbersome. It is very frustrating because weeding through thousands of maid and psychics and gut feelings and rumors takes a huge amount of time.

(But what about my high tech bullseye map? The one with the deformed circles?

:floorlaugh: l

attachment.php
)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-18-01-48-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-01-18-01-48-16.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 771
I missed the Sheriff's comment about Google Earth, but I would assume people have been calling in "tips" because they do not comprehend Google Earth is not a live shot or even close. Tomnod can offer satellite views being near the actual time, but Google Earth does not. I don't blame the Sheriff for mentioning it because those tips do absolutely nothing to assist in the search.

This is what I cannot understand either. It's not as if google maps are live, up to date footage either. Can't imagine it would hinder an investigation to let the public know at which point in the woods he was lost, out of sight etc. Baffling tbh.
It hinders because when people send them in it is just more to weed through and find info that is critical. Like say a cave nearby that few know about and you don't see on a map.

I'm just reading one page on social media and I already want to slap some people with a trout. Ugh.

I'm just wondering how many sink holes they have come across while searching, especially the people searching in the dark that just have a flashlight. With that many people and the probability they are saying he could have fallen in a sink hole. I'm sure there are tons of little holes in tree stumps, etc. but how many real sink holes.

Where it hurts is when people scouring Google Earth start phoning in their "sure tips" on where he is located. If they do follow up on this "sure thing", it turns out to be B.S. and everybody wasted their time even checking it out. Just think of it as trolls trying to actually be helpful instead of being an annoyance as usual. I'm sure there are plenty of people that would be thrilled to send LE on wild goose chases as well.......just for kicks.

On a serious note, I do think the satellite images posted upstream are valuable. More so if Noah's case ever goes cold. Hopefully that will not happen!!!

maybe we can't use google earth to see how old the concrete wall is???
really all we can do here is talk about wildlife, weather, dogs and sink holes.
no timeline no other specifics.......LE handling this so close to vest has everyone wondering why.

Their is always alot of conversation about search dogs and sar with the missing cases.It would be good to have a sticky or section on the subject.

Their is always alot of conversation about search dogs and sar with the missing cases.It would be good to have a sticky or section on the subject.

I agree it would be good for the people who wish to know about them to have a page to go to.

I always hope they are looking at almost options, but bringing in the state and feds is just standard regardless, does not by itself mean anything other than they are getting the doors open for resources.

Thanks for clarifying that, sarx :). I also want to thank you for your work with Sar and K9's , I'm in awe of the dogs and the trainers and the work that you all do. I think it's amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZogNCat