Found Deceased TN - Noah Chamberlin, 2, Pinson, 14 Jan 2016 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it isn't an automatic instinct to get the unhurt one right next to you if you are enjoying nature. The instinct is to give attention to the other one and assume, except in cases of a child with behavioral issues, that that other child will pause and wait nearby. No, in a nature setting on a pleasure venture, parents don't pull a 2 year old close so they can interact with a 4 year old. Unless the two year old has autism or some other behavioral predisposition to run.

Must just be me then. Just glad I never assumed my 2 year old would pause and wait nearby whilst I was distracted by another of my children.

I worked with children for 15 years and had 5 of my own. I know that you can never 'assume' what a child will do. The only thing you can assume, is that they are unpredictable!

When working with young children, we were always taught (when outside the classroom/nursery) to always count up your children - constantly. You always had to know where they were, for the simple reason that it only takes a minute or two to lose one of them.

Imo, an aware citizenry insures a safer community. The lack of info provided at pressers Law Enforcement PIOs is the catalyst for the social media rumors and wild speculation, imo. Anyone that has followed past TN missing persons cases should be familiar with their lack of transparency. The TBI and many other TN LEAs subscribe to the antiquated silence strategy; 'sorry we can't answer that question to protect the integrity of the investigation'..
As in the Holly Bobo case which is going on five years now. Although an arrest of a meth gang was made after three years, no trial date has been set for the suspects at this time. 'Justice delayed is justice denied'..jmo

Wow, Foxfire. Thank you for bringing this up. The fear and anxiety levels must be through the roof in TN. That said, it just seems inherently unfair to the family to continue on this way.

There's no doubt that LE at every level (local, county, state and federal) are hyper-aware of the what's going on in the "Court of Public Opinion." Is there nothing else that can be done?

We are in a pressure cooker situation, as we approach Day 7.

Talk about :notgood:

This literally keeps me up at night.

#FindNoah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has an intensive search been conducted in the home with trained LE and maybe cadaver dogs as well. I've only read that search warrants had not been issued. I'm hoping that parents and grandparents quickly gave permission to conduct the search without the need for a warrant.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

LE has said the homes have been searched. We can only assume that if no search warrants were issued that those searches were conducted with the voluntary permission of the owners. Details about the searches were not provided.

The sheriff stated at yesterday's presser that cadaver dogs along with scent dogs, tracking dogs and all types of trained canines have been utilized since day one. He said it in response to a reporter question asking specifically if cadaver dogs were being used. He did not say where those dogs have been utilized so all we know is that the dogs have been there since the first day and COULD have been used during the searches of homes.

I'm wondering why in the news briefing LE wouldn't get into anything about scents when asked by reporters. Not to give false hope maybe? Any ideas?

Ithink the days of fact checking before sgharing have fallen to the wayside as "news outlets" vie for first wit a story and leader in clicks.

IMO when toddlers go missing after they realize MOM or dad are not there they cry then they cry harder. I'm surprised no one heard him on day one. From what I understand its a quiet area.

Imo, an aware citizenry insures a safer community. The lack of info provided at pressers Law Enforcement PIOs is the catalyst for the social media rumors and wild speculation, imo. Anyone that has followed past TN missing persons cases should be familiar with their lack of transparency. The TBI and many other TN LEAs subscribe to the antiquated silence strategy; 'sorry we can't answer that question to protect the integrity of the investigation'..
As in the Holly Bobo case which is going on five years now. Although an arrest of a meth gang was made after three years, no trial date has been set for the suspects at this time. 'Justice delayed is justice denied'..jmo

I agree Foxfire. I'm just not sure if it's that Tn LE subscribe to the antiquated silence strategy or that's their way of not admitting they have dropped the ball. I live in Tn and lean toward the latter. There have been too many cases and as you said the Holly Bobo case is going on 5 years now. I think that's a prime example. jmo

IMO when toddlers go missing after they realize MOM or dad are not there they cry then they cry harder. I'm surprised no one heard him on day one. From what I understand its a quiet area.

Unless he had fallen in somewhere and was unable to cry.

I wonder why LE keep insisting this is still very much a search and rescue and not a recovery mission.
Is it maybe because if it turns into a recovery then they will have to scale back searches resources?

I'm wondering why in the news briefing LE wouldn't get into anything about scents when asked by reporters. Not to give false hope maybe? Any ideas?

I'm not sure why, but i think LE haven't given up on Noah and the search for him just yet. It doesn't look good though going into day 7, but i guess at some stage they will not be able to search anymore if the weather becomes a lot worse and snow starts. It's all very sad.

Early on there were quotes circulating from a woman who said Noah's mom was her child's Bible class teacher at one time and had taught her child the first memory verses he / she learned. There was also a link to a blog post by an author that's a friend of the grandmothers in which the grandmother's spiritual impact on the author was described. And I believe the photo circulating of the four of them (parents and two children) shows the dad in a t-shirt with a Christian bikers design on the front.

In other words, it sounds like their faith was active and not just cultural.

I agree that they are not just "cultural" christians. But again, I don't think someone's religion means they can't do bad things. Not saying that's the case here, of course. Just stating that people of all religions can harm others. It's a bit shocking how many so-called christians use physical discipline (abuse) on their children, for example.

I keep seeing William similarities too. :(

It's late at night here but I won't sleep. Not with this little boy out there somewhere. My heart skips a beat every time I log into the missing section just in case the status changes. Unfortunately I think we know that will happen in all probability:(

Thinking of Noah.

What is William's last name? I am not familiar with this one, I don't think.

But isn't it automatic instinct to get the younger child standing right next to you whilst you do that?

I'm far from a perfect parent, if anything I'm overprotective, but if I ever had to give my full attention to one of my children, I made sure the others were right next to me whilst I did it. I can't imagine not doing that in the middle of a forest with a 2 year old. Surely you'd sit them down right next to you whilst you did what needed to be done?

I think that it may be automatic for many parents. But for grandparents, it's been a while since they've watched little ones 24/7. I think it's easy to forget. For example, I know my MIL is a bit absent-minded and whatnot. So I wouldn't leave my toddler in her care, much to her dismay. Sure, she managed to keep her own three kids alive all those years. But it's been 30 years so she just can't handle it anymore.

I agree that they are not just "cultural" christians. But again, I don't think someone's religion means they can't do bad things. Not saying that's the case here, of course. Just stating that people of all religions can harm others. It's a bit shocking how many so-called christians use physical discipline (abuse) on their children, for example.

What is William's last name? I am not familiar with this one, I don't think.

I think that it may be automatic for many parents. But for grandparents, it's been a while since they've watched little ones 24/7. I think it's easy to forget. For example, I know my MIL is a bit absent-minded and whatnot. So I wouldn't leave my toddler in her care, much to her dismay. Sure, she managed to keep her own three kids alive all those years. But it's been 30 years so she just can't handle it anymore.

Exactly, and there are also good people that can just 'snap'.'

Also there can be a lot that happens behind closed doors that no one else ever hears about.

William Tyrrell

17 threads on the poor child and still no trace...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292877

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Have there been any reports today? Searches going on still?

This is so sad. I have a 3 year old boy myself and can't imagine what the family is going through. I think if I were them I would be out in those woods searching every minute, not worried about passing on info to the public. Noah is in those woods somewhere and every minute that passes it gets worse. I can also imagine that until you hear otherwise, you have to hold out hope that somehow he is alive. The alternative would just be too much to think about. I imagine they are focusing on that, as is LE. JMO.

That isn't a "linkable" statement. That's a statement of experience as a parent and experience into the world of children. When you are out in the backyard woods with 2 preschoolers, and suddenly one falls or gets a splinter or needs help with a jacket zipper or shoelace, you stop and help that one out. You don't quick grab up the 2 1/2 year old so you can adjust the jacket zipper of the one. And to insinuate anything else, is to expect other-worldly perfection in a grandparent. It would actually completely stunt the development of the 2 year old, IMHO, if 2 minutes couldn't go by with the child out of eyesight of an adult.

I do have some experience with children with behavior disorders or autism, and in those cases, no, out in an area where they can run off quickly you don't let them out of your sight even for 15 seconds.

But that wasn't the case with Noah, and the grandmother was not remiss in attending to 2 minute issue with the older child. It was just a perfect storm, and it's resulted in a horrible tragedy for which the grandmother shouldn't be made to feel like her behavior was abnormal. Or suspect.

I agree that this was likely a horrible accident. But I don't think it's right to say what someone else would do in a situation. It can't be said that every person would do the same thing. Because all people are different. Some people would pull the 2 year old close before turning to tend to the 4 year old. Some wouldn't. Neither way is necessarily right or wrong. But to lump everyone together just doesn't make sense to me. All people have different parenting/grandparenting styles.

Sadly for Noah, it's kind of like a watched pot never boils and then you turn away for a moment, and it boils over:(
jmo

Michael Quander WREG ‏@MikeQReports 1h1 hour ago
Public information officer working to get the latest details on the search for Noah Chamberlin @3onyourside #FindNoah

Michael Quander WREG ‏@MikeQReports 41m41 minutes ago
Hospitals in the area refusing to discuss medical expertise surrounding Noah Chamberlin search because of sensitive details #FindNoah

https://twitter.com/MikeQReports

During day six of the search for Noah Chamberlin, investigators said they still had not found a trace of the 2-year-old in the Chester County woods where he disappeared.

“We gave the dogs underwear, shoes, and teddy bears,” Tom Mapes, a spokesperson for the sheriff’s office said. “Sniffed them out, sic ‘em out. And what do we get? Nothing.”

http://www.fox13memphis.com/news/search-continues-for-missing-2-year-old-noah-chamberlin/27807413

bbm guess he wasn't in diapers?

I don't have much to add to poor Noah 's search, as I'm fairly new to the site and sleuthing. I wish I were closer to the area to be able to help out. That being said, my family and I live on 300 acres of farmland. I can absolutely understand the grandmother's sense of security when being out walking on her own property. I know growing up I roamed freely, sometimes with others but also alone. My own kiddos do the same thing now! And while I definitely cannot see the entire property from my back yard that never stopped me from letting them go out and explore. There are several ponds and creeks and a few woodsy patches that could pose a hazard. I know how comfortable I feel when the kids are outside, so I can see how the grandmother wouldn't be immediately prone to make little Noah stand still if she was attending to his sister.
These little blonde boys going missing just breaks my heart as I try to put myself in the parents/grandparents shoes, if that were to happen to my own (not so little anymore) blondie. Absolutely heartbreaking :(

Tyler Whetstone ‏@tyler_whetstone 53s54 seconds ago
Just got off the phone with Tom Mapes re: #FindNoah. No updates this a.m. Expecting announcement on volunteers (or not) around 4. @JSunNews

Kurt Mullen ‏@WBBJ7Kurt 8m8 minutes ago
Back in Pinson today covering the continuing search to #FindNoah. Will bring any new updates throughout the day. @WBBJ7News

https://twitter.com/WBBJ7Kurt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member