Found Deceased TN - Noah Chamberlin, 2, Pinson, 14 Jan 2016 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
keli mcalister ‏@wbbj7keli 11m11 minutes ago

Officials: #NoahChamberlin's body was found in "clearing". @WBBJ7News #FindNoah

In my head I knew this would be the outcome, but oh how my heart prayed for a miracle.
R.I.P. little angel

Thanks to all for posting information. My periscope didn't work and by the time I found a link for presser it was almost over.
RIP Noah.:rose::rose::rose::rose:

The sheriff guy said 1.5 miles, and added that they go by statistics for how far a certain age child could travel, and he was outside those markers.

Ive thought all along they need to go out the first night and have some at a mile out and working their way in and some from the inside working out. Expanding it outward daily. JMO. I'm glad my grand kids have never went missing cause all of them could travel well over a 1/2 mile in a day, even at 2 yrs old.

Just caught the tail end of the press conference. (CBS affiliate out of Memphis) I know there is confusion, but the news scroll said he was found a half mile from the house. Someone also said he was found in a location previously searched, so perhaps he was overlooked.

Not sure who it was that said this "Jesus needed a pair of iceskates to keep up with him," referring to how fast little Noah often was. Rest in Peace, little one. I'm glad you were found before the storm comes in.

Just saw another tweet that said 'half a mile' and another one that said 1 mile. Lets wait for confirmation.

I'm listening to the presser again - at about 1:00 sheriff weaver said he was located "about one... half mile" from his home. Later he says "a mile something." So it's not completely clear how far away it was.

Still listening...

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1RDGlBDDjmgxL

Oh my gosh, that video press conference is breaking my heart watching these men have to be the one's to go on camera and speak to us about this.

Did they say whether he was in woods, sinkhole, etc? Will they do an autopsy?

keli mcalister ‏@wbbj7keli 10m10 minutes ago

Officials say autopsy will be requested, which is standard procedure. @WBBJ7News #FindNoah

keli mcalister ‏@wbbj7keli 13m13 minutes ago

Officials: #NoahChamberlin's body was found in "clearing". @WBBJ7News #FindNoah

You could have people search inwards and I'm sure there were people looking that far out in the early stages, but a 2 mile radius from where he vanished would be over 12 miles of perimeter. That equates to approx 20,000 metres. You'd need a lot of people to do that thoroughly.

I think we need more information about the circumstances before we can blast the police and search effort. I imagine they're all feeling utterly devastated too, they've worked their socks off with very little information and difficult terrain. Thoughts are with every single person who helped to look, along with all of Noah's family.

Ive thought all along they need to go out the first night and have some at a mile out and working their way in and some from the inside working out. Expanding it outward daily. JMO. I'm glad my grand kids have never went missing cause all of them could travel well over a 1/2 mile in a day, even at 2 yrs old.

My thoughts exactly, it seems like common sense this tbh. Again not bashing any1 but to think of him out by himself and the real heartache will come when they notify us of how long he was out there cold and alone. I can't imagine. :(

Oh poor sweet Noah :(
I pray he didn't suffer, wasn't scared. I hope he just went to sleep peacefully. Bless his heart. Breaks my heart he died alone.

Rest in peace darling angel.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Very sad ending. Condolences to all those who loved him and looked for him. Heartbreaking :'(

Ugh. Just about to go to bed here in the UK and spied a mention on Facebook. My partner rolled over and went to sleep when I told him what had made me start. Looks like I'm awake for the night now. :(

Absolutely sick to my stomach and floods of tears.

Now I'm left with all the 'what ifs', if only the statistics they'd been given ensured they searched a little further than the radius they were given.... Of course, I'm sure they'll be thinking 'what if' too.

Just heartbreaking for everyone involved. That poor family will never be the same again.... so very sad.

RIP little one

I sure hope they have learned that those statistics are not correct and adjust as needed.

Did they say whether he was in woods, sinkhole, etc? Will they do an autopsy?

They mentioned him being in a clearing, although the Sheriff's voice cracked at this point. They also mentioned there would be an autopsy as that's is procedural.

Just saw a fb post while scrolling. My heart hurts for everyone. :(

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I agree, and I've also said that all along that they need to go MUCH further than they did. BUT, given the short amount of time before temperatures became unsurvivable, even if their intent was to search out to where he was eventually found, they wouldn't have been able to do it before he had passed away, IMHO. Not knowing which direction, they'd have had to go 1.5 miles in each direction to find him, and that was too long. Sad sad. This is why statistically boys are much more at risk for injury and death than girls - because some are "rambunctious little handfuls".

Rest in peace, little man. Your enthusiasm will be remembered.

My thoughts exactly. Some should start inwards and some outwards. Lessons should be learnt from this. So angry and hoping he never suffered.

So very sad. :'(

I can't bring myself to be angry at them. They were doing the best they knew to do. If you think about what the perimeter of a circle 4 miles wide would be (going 2 miles out in all directions), I can't imagine how many people it would take to accomplish that. If the presumption was that he might have fallen into a sinkhole and be right near them, it's just a best judgment call as to whether to search nearby and in holes, or send people out.

It's just a tragedy no matter how you look at it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megaera
Back