Found Deceased TN - Noah Chamberlin, 2, Pinson, 14 Jan 2016 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I scaled 3 different locations on the map that were 1 mile plus back when I first made up the map.

I guess they finally worked their way out far enough.

I still suspect he was trying to walk towards someones yard light or the lights coming from the city of Henderson.

Map here:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zAAmDUXJe_aE.koApw5Wusksg&usp=sharing

Thank You for this. I'm sure law enforcement and first searchers on scene are kicking themselves about now. I'm sure thinking what if only went that far out the first day. I wish would have just taken off walking yelling for him for miles.

You could have people search inwards and I'm sure there were people looking that far out in the early stages, but a 2 mile radius from where he vanished would be over 12 miles of perimeter. That equates to approx 20,000 metres. You'd need a lot of people to do that thoroughly.

I think we need more information about the circumstances before we can blast the police and search effort. I imagine they're all feeling utterly devastated too, they've worked their socks off with very little information and difficult terrain. Thoughts are with every single person who helped to look, along with all of Noah's family.

Never once 'blasted' the police or search efforts, they have done a fantastic job. All I am saying is I hope lessons are learnt and more credit is given to children at a young age, they can move fast in a small space of time.

Oh poor sweet Noah :(
I pray he didn't suffer, wasn't scared. I hope he just went to sleep peacefully. Bless his heart. Breaks my heart he died alone.

Rest in peace darling angel.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Hypothermia is said to be a peaceful death. You fall asleep eventually.

Rest in Peace, little Noah. May your family find peace and comfort soon. There is no loss like that of a child and I pray for his parents, but I am sending up special thoughts for his grandmother today. There is no blame here. Noah just did what toddlers do. I hope she finds forgiveness for herself someday. My heart breaks for them all including LE and the volunteers.

Their job is done and they were exemplary. I don't fault them for not finding him right away and no one here should second guess their efforts. Next time, they will take what they learned on this case and apply it accordingly. It is simply the way it works. You move forward and do the best you can every single time. I applaud them for such a professional and yet caring way they handled this situation. Well done.

They are saying he was found in a clearing. Somewhere he could have stayed on solid, clear ground.

Oh no, such sad news. 😢

I said before from the start this reminded me of other cases (going all the way back to Ottie Kline Powell in VA the 1800's) where search parties did not go far enough because they misjudged how far a child can walk. Sending 1/2 the searchers out farther to search would make much more sense.

Never once 'blasted' the police or search efforts, they have done a fantastic job. All I am saying is I hope lessons are learnt and more credit is given to children at a young age, they can move fast in a small space of time.

It wasn't aimed at you at all, Edinlass :) Lots of people seem angry (not just here) it's just too early to make a judgement. The fact he was found in a "clearing" concerns me though, you'd think helicopters/drones would have picked that up. We shall see.

I agree...it sounds like they knew he was a runner and rambunctious. So based on that, you'd think they wouldn't have underestimated how far he could go.

It never gets easier for these children taken too soon. Heartbreaking :tears:

:rose: Fly with the the other angels dear sweet Noah...

Did you see Sheriff Weaver make the comment that he said of course all of Facebook said he couldn't get that far.

Dear lord, this just never gets easier.

RIP Beautiful baby boy. :rose:

Poor Noah, what a terrible way to die.

In the hope that lots of people see this thread - this is the device I mentioned way back on thread one.

It might just save a life in future, in a situation exactly like this. Buzzer alerts the carer when the child has gone beyond 30 feet of them. A buzzer can be made to sound from the device the child has, making it easier to locate them.

I must admit, I still can't get my head around going for a walk with 2 children and losing one of them. I just hope that this link might help someone else in future.

http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/product/toddler+tag+child+locator.do?sortby=bestSellers&from=fn

So frustrating.
Yesterday or the day before we were talking about how the search area of 1,000 acres represented just 0.5 miles in all directions from the point last seen. 1.5 miles in all directions is 4.7sq miles = 3,000 acres! Definitely a different scenario.

Yes, toddlers can walk. Yes, we have seen this before with Rainn in better weather, but over a mile away. I guess they have to start somewhere but I really hope that in future the aerial searches and heat-sensing drones etc that are deployed first thing, well, I hope they cast a wider net, knowing that these little ones can move.

RIP little guy.

It wasn't aimed at you at all, Edinlass :) Lots of people seem angry (not just here) it's just too early to make a judgement. The fact he was found in a "clearing" concerns me though, you'd think helicopters/drones would have picked that up. We shall see.

Yeah emotions are high I know. Just about to go to bed here in Scotland and cuddling my little one a bit tighter. Just sad, not angry as such, just sad. ;(

Trying to watch Jackson Sun, but broadcast kept breaking up.

Soon as they walked into camera view, I knew little Noah had been found from the expressions on their faces.

How do you say you are glad and sad in the same sentence! So glad the week long misery is over for Noah's family and the thousands of people who have worked diligently to locate this child.

Sad, miserably hurt that such a beautiful innocent toddler is gone from this earth. I cannot imagine the pain of his family. Prayers for all, including my dear WS.

Oh poor sweet Noah :(
I pray he didn't suffer, wasn't scared. I hope he just went to sleep peacefully. Bless his heart. Breaks my heart he died alone.

Rest in peace darling angel.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I don't believe he did die alone, I choose to believe angels were there to rock him to sleep and keep him from being afraid. Now he running around Heaven and God's looking for roller skates.

JMO

I agree...it sounds like they knew he was a runner and rambunctious. So based on that, you'd think they wouldn't have underestimated how far he could go.

Yup, they said that in the presser the other day that he was fast/adventurous something of that nature. I just hope he never suffered :(

No :(
Just came in to check in and saw the thread had been moved to located. I have never felt butterflies like that before. And then to read he was deceased and only 1.5 miles away.. What a kick in the teeth :( we knew this would be the outcome yet it still hurts so bad. 💔

His family.. I can't even imagine what they are feeling now. All I can say is I'm glad they at least have his body and will be able to have some closure instead of wondering for the rest of their lives.

And I hope those on SM that were starting rumours feel bad now. Poor grandma.. She will forever blame herself.

Can I join in on the group hug? I really need it

((((((Noah))))))
You will always have a piece of my heart. Fly high beautiful boy ❤

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads