Found Deceased TN - Noah Chamberlin, 2, Pinson, 14 Jan 2016 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is the consensus that little Noah died from hypothermia?

I believe one of the articles I read listed the cause as most likely "exposure" which I think is basically the same thing since temperature was cold.

I think an official autopsy is scheduled.

In about two months CUE Center For Missing Persons will be having their national missing person conference in NC. Many, if not most of the CUE members are the families/friends of the missing, law enforcement, k9 handlers, etc. I look forward to attending the conference, which grows in numbers each year, for the training, to offer support, and to recharge my battery due to cases like Noah's that takes so much out of you, while reminding you of what's most important in life.. It is an amazing experience that I would recommend to anyone who wants to get involved...

The National 12th Annual Missing Person Conference "Paving the Way by Grace" is drawing near and we extend a heartfelt invitation to you to attend this years exciting gathering, networking and training.

MARCH 17th THROUGH 20th of 2016

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=CUE missing persons national conference

[video=youtube;qN878keA6K0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN878keA6K0[/video]

Sorry folks, we can't bring over comments from FB unless they are from MSM/LE and/or Admin of the official Missing Persons page (even if known/believed to be family member). You can view it there, but please don't discuss it here.

Please read the Social Media policy found in the WS Rules
here

:tyou:

I like the idea of being outside and moving inward, but only on those cases where a 'wandering' child is the most likely scenario. It must be done quickly so the searchers are most likely to be ahead of the child. It can't be used in cases where the probability is a crime, as damaging evidence is possible.

Although these children were found outside the search areas, they all likely survived the early hours.

However, I remind myself that the 1 1/2 miles covered by Noah, weren't likely all done in the first 3 or 4 hours when searchers were most likely to find him inside the grid.

Excuse my thinking out loud but maybe an intense search outward begins as current protocol suggests. Meanwhile a call for volunteers goes out and they are placed in a broader area in the most likely direction of travel, this should be in place withing 4-6 hours for best results (after that the distance traveled becomes too variable). Dogs may be best utilised from the outer edges first (????? limited knowledge here) the dogs can cover a wider area with their noses than humans can see in dense areas.

The effort to find Noah was first class, but we couldn't save him. We need to find anything that could give the next child a better chance of being found alive.

Lots of money is invested in sonar, dogs and helicopters, we may need to invest in people. Maybe train our military cadets and university groups in the basics of searches and invest some cash into coaches to bus these groups to areas to assist because the only difficulty I have seen raised against the 'outside in' approach is the sheer number of people it would take. I suggest we start investing in people.

In about two months CUE Center For Missing Persons will be having their national missing person conference in NC. Many, if not most of the CUE members are the families/friends of the missing, law enforcement, k9 handlers, etc. I look forward to attending the conference, which grows in numbers each year, for the training, to offer support, and to recharge my battery due to cases like Noah's that takes so much out of you, while reminding you of what's most important in life.. It is an amazing experience that I would recommend to anyone who wants to get involved...

The National 12th Annual Missing Person Conference "Paving the Way by Grace" is drawing near and we extend a heartfelt invitation to you to attend this years exciting gathering, networking and training.

MARCH 17th THROUGH 20th of 2016

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=CUE missing persons national conference

[video=youtube;qN878keA6K0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN878keA6K0[/video]

:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone heard which direction Noah might have gone in? I keep imagining south or south-east/west but I've just looked at a map. 2 miles in all directions is a VAST and unforgiving area.

I'm rubbish with maps so there's no bells and whistles, but here's one of the area. I've zoomed out roughly 2 miles with the house dead centre just to give an impression of just how far Noah seems to have gone.

https://goo.gl/maps/kf5zs9JaDuE2

This is just another outside the box idea I was thinking about for the people involved in organizing the next search if necessary.

I think in addition to being meticulous and making sure every nook and cranny is searched as we move out from the last known position. I think it could be helpful to have a certain smaller group of searchers RUSH out ahead of everyone and cover as much ground as possible in perhaps a random willy nilly method. I realize there could be some downsides of doing this but I suppose I get worried that we sometimes try to be too meticulous and go too slow when we could have a different group charge out ahead rapidly and at least cover the most obvious places to try to find someone.

We have all seen those shows on TV where LE is arm to arm walking slowly looking for evidence. That situation needs that. But perhaps when looking for a running lost child then perhaps having a group cover as much ground as quickly as possible could also be beneficial.

This could be done in addition to the normal search protocols that take a more slow advance and more careful look.

Anyway, just tossing out another outside the box thing. Maybe its already what some SAR do.

I think this is an excellent idea. The searchers running ahead might also hear the lost child.

I think yes. There was one official yesterday who said something like, if the weather hadn't turned he would have had a chance, implying that it was the cold.

"The effort to find Noah was first class, but we couldn't save him. We need to find anything that could give the next child a better chance of being found alive."

Thinking about many recent cases my first thought would be to send "scouts" out along all roads/trails going well beyond the search area defined by traditional thinking. If there are no roads/trails then just send people in all directions with instructions to follow the path of least resistance.

Snipped for focus

The only approved Social Media at this time is that of LE or MSM. Comments or allusions to comments on group pages, find pages, or posted beneath official LE statements or MSM articles are not allowed.

at this time, LE or media are the only facebook page links being allowed.

I just don't understand how these kids get away and just wander off. I can not for the life of me understand how they get far enough they can not be found?>

I just don't understand how these kids get away and just wander off. I can not for the life of me understand how they get far enough they can not be found?>

I think that's something people say who don't have "runners". I've seen lots of people post that same feeling you have, in this thread, but add they felt the way you do before they had a runner. Now they get it.

I've never had kids who are hypersensitive, or difficult to potty train, or who scream in agony at loud noises or big crowds, but I do understand that those kind of kids are out there. My kids wouldn't dissolve into tears in kindergarten if there was a substitute, but I get it that there are kids who do have those issues, and those parents have to work with them and it's not always successful.

And I understand there are kids who can travel so far so quickly that they can't be recovered and they die of exposure in a freezing night. Maybe if you didn't have a child like that, you might have a grandchild like that, and it will suddenly be clear. It's easy to think kids won't do that if the kids you experience yourself don't.

The searchers just searched where they were told to search. They had a specific search area they had to stay in. It's not their fault. I think the people that got there first just concentrated on where he was last seen. He was probably way gone on one of those trails while the grandmother was running around calling 911 and looking where he was last seen. He probably followed along one of those trails and maybe dipped in and out of the woods a bit on the tree lines. They said their is a huge trail system back there. Now just think for a minute. If you walked straight down the road you live on 1 1/2 miles is not that far. I'm sure kids with a lot of energy could do that in no time flat. The sheriff said on the first day before the rain that trail was hard as blacktop. He was probably just running along, skipping along, waiting for his grandmother to catch up. He probably though she was going to catch up anytime. By the time he figured he was lost he was turned around and didn't know which way to go.

What bewilders me is the search dogs. I just can't wrap my head around that they didn't find him if he was running up those hard, flat, not-rained-on-yet trails.

I'm thinking (as far as the dogs) since it was mentioned the dogs lost/found scents several times during the search, it was probably due to the fact they'd been back in those woods several times on walks before. Heck, the grandmother might have taken him on a walk previously that week. I don't know exactly how using the dogs for search works though- but perhaps old and newer scents of Noah were throwing them off. (Then add in the weather, his age, etc...)

We have to remember too- he went missing in the afternoon. Phone call into sheriff came in about 1:40 (heard back and forth 1:19 or 1:40). Regardless, let's say 2pm is the earliest sheriff could get there and then later on more searchers. That gave them only a few hours until the sun was going down. It is one of those things- if only this happened much earlier in the day, if only the weather "cooperated"...on and on. (Plus, when you're in the woods, your amount sunlight is already compromised.)

I wanted to say something kinda off topic... I greatly appreciate y'all not being so quick to judge or at least keeping the questions about 'what really happened' and 'how can we avoid this or do better in the future' to an adult, respectable level. I was following two different FB pages and I just had to stop- the accusations were just breaking my heart. I have followed a few cases on here of missing children where my 'hinky meter' went off...it didn't here or maybe only a short time. Yes, official protocol has to be followed, he'll get an autopsy by the state (that's in the media), and they have to investigate regardless. (Other cases, my main feeling was anger at whoever did something to a child and sorrow for the child.) This case was just heart-break all around for everyone involved.

I think that's something people say who don't have "runners". I've seen lots of people post that same feeling you have, in this thread, but add they felt the way you do before they had a runner. Now they get it.

I've never had kids who are hypersensitive, or difficult to potty train, or who scream in agony at loud noises or big crowds, but I do understand that those kind of kids are out there. My kids wouldn't dissolve into tears in kindergarten if there was a substitute, but I get it that there are kids who do have those issues, and those parents have to work with them and it's not always successful.

And I understand there are kids who can travel so far so quickly that they can't be recovered and they die of exposure in a freezing night. Maybe if you didn't have a child like that, you might have a grandchild like that, and it will suddenly be clear. It's easy to think kids won't do that if the kids you experience yourself don't.

oh I had a runner.. He was like lightening.. In fact I would not take him outside unless his dad was home when he was little. So that is my point.. Even if he ran, How far did he go before someone noticed????
I always had eyes on my runner.

I just don't understand.

I think it's hard to understand unless you have a runner.

I have two boys. One who turned 2 on Monday and the other who will be 4 in March. My oldest mostly sticks by me. He's never been an overly adventurous child but is quite dramatic. My youngest is the opposite. He knows he can take advantage of situations when big brother is melting down to try and climb a bookshelf or dump a box of cereal all over. We went to the aquarium last weekend and as we kneeled down to show him something he knew he could dart for it. And he did. At this point, I don't think it's exactly clear what exactly was going on to take grandmas attention away. I know it was on the granddaughter but what was going on that required extra attention? Did she get hurt? Needed a hug and some consoling? Trust, if it was my youngest he would have seized this opportunity to make a mad dash towards something much more exciting that mommy wouldn't let him otherwise see or touch. Yes, I have to be extra vigilant with him. If out in public, I try to have a finger through his belt buckle if I need to look away but sometimes my gaurd is down. I can only imagine that Grandma had her gaurd somewhat down because they were practically in their backyard. I know they say he was adventurous but I doubt they could have predicted this. It's unthinkable but not impossible.

I see people underestimating kids constantly and their ability to go go go. My kid would go forever, if I let him. Not phased by much of anything.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo
Back