Found Deceased TN - Noah Chamberlin, 2, Pinson, 14 Jan 2016 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Unfortunately, no parents/grandparent/caregiver/guardian is perfect. Things happen. They can happen to ANYONE. I am more of a "helicopter" mom in the sense that I try my hardest not to take my eyes off my son (he's 2.) But I am not so naive to think that makes me immune to tragedy. We all just do our best and hope for the best.

I agree AmyPond that no one is immune from tragedy. I also had the experience of a little boy(my son) that did a runner but luckily he came to no harm and was found soon after his adventure. And that was when we were in my mother's front yard. Just a moments distraction and he slipped past us. Around Twenty years later he was killed by a drunk driver at age 23. It's strange how life works out sometimes. As i have mentioned my heart goes out to Noah's loved ones because i know the journey of grief is very difficult, especially the grief for a child, but in time we heal and i hope Noah's family all have lots of love and support to help them through, and judging by the wonderful community there i know they will.

I agree AmyPond that no one is immune from tragedy. I also had the experience of a little boy(my son) that did a runner but luckily he came to no harm and was found soon after his adventure. And that was when we were in my mother's front yard. Just a moments distraction and he slipped past us. Around Twenty years later he was killed by a drunk driver at age 23. It's strange how life works out sometimes. As i have mentioned my heart goes out to Noah's loved ones because i know the journey of grief is very difficult, especially the grief for a child, but in time we heal and i hope Noah's family all have lots of love and support to help them through, and judging by the wonderful community there i know they will.

Thank you for sharing....

((((((((Karinna))))))))

:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cantrell said they plan to be protective of the family. “We’ll cover them with our prayers, but we also will cover them by refusing to gossip or talk in ways that are wrong,” he said.

No word on funeral arrangements for Noah just yet, but the Madison County Sheriff’s Office said two large churches in Jackson offered to host the service at their facilities.

http://www.wbbjtv.com/video/community-in-mourning-after-loss-of-noah-chamberlin/

Faith powered the search for Noah Chamberlin

John Gaters, pastor of Pinson Baptist Church, said having faith doesn’t mean things will work out the way you want them to.

"I want people who may not necessarily be people of faith, or Christians, as we would call it, to know that having faith is not necessarily about believing God is always going to do what you want Him to do," Gaters said after the news conference when it was announced Noah's body had been found.

[...]

Madison County Fire Chief Eric Turner said officials struggled with second-guessing themselves for much of the week.

“You have faith in that you did all you can do and that there’s a reason for everything,” Turner said.

“The outcome is sometimes out of our hands,” he said.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news/local/2016/01/22/faith-powered-search-noah-chamberlin/79171670/

I am so impressed with how this community pulled together and remains together. Heartbreaking to read about how invested everyone was in this search. They are struggling right now, to accept this outcome. They are finding comfort in their beliefs and one another.

I dont write here much but I read often--missing people tear at my heart and this one especially--the outcome is sad but I do see their faith as strong--as much as we all wish that Noah was found safe in ways I take comfort in where he was found instead of questioning, like many are--I believe the Lord placed him there--and in some ways I take comfort in him being found near a bulldozer--he probably did play on it--maybe his family has walked their before (I dont know that)--but i can see him thinking this big bulldozer will protect me (kind of like the bob the builder show that toddlers and young boys watch)--I also take some comfort that he was found before the snow hit there--sad he was found deceased but sad more (imo) that he might have been laying there snow covered for weeks (if not found when he was)--a person can question everything in regards to this case, but heres hoping that some lessons are learned about searches--and prayers to his family and all those that put time and effort and love into finding this sweet boy--RIP Noah

I am so so sorry for your loss. You have endured every parent's worst nightmare. God Bless you and yours.

I am so so sorry for your loss. You have endured every parent's worst nightmare. God Bless you and yours.

Thankyou Zuri. It has taught me just how fragile our lives on earth really are.

I've been following this since the day word initially spread, I was glad that this recieved a larger amount of publicity than similar cases, as it had added more eyes and more pressure to finding Noah. The end result is terribly tragic, but as far as I'm concerned it simply seems like an unfortunate mistake from every which way, but nothing malicious. At least from what I can see right now.

Karinna, your story is wrenching. I'm so sorry for your loss. There is a book, Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed (who wrote the blockbuster Wild that inspired the recent movie). The book is a compilation of her advice columns that she wrote years ago before she became famous. One of the columns, The Obliterated Place, is an answer to a father whose son was killed at the age of 22 by a drunk driver. During your journey of grief, if you're looking for a helpful perspective, you might want to get this book from the library. Strayed's capacity for honesty and compassion is remarkable.

"More will be revealed. Your son hadn't yet taught you everything he has to teach you. He taught you how to love like you've never loved before. He taught you how to suffer like you've never suffered before. Perhaps the next thing he has to teach you is acceptance". - Cheryl Strayed

God bless you.

That is beautiful, angels among us. You truly are an angel yourself. God Bless Noah.

Thank you ILOKAL. This little fella touched my heart just like he did all of you. This is how I grieve. There must be an outlet. And so I write.

God bless Noah.

My eyes are filled with tears for all of you who shared your losses with us. At the same time my heart is filled with hope when I see, not just a community, but people throughout the world coming together with help, concern and compassion for this precious little boy. May the friends and family of Noah feel the love surrounding them. RIP sweet Noah.

I know I probably can't post any links here, but there is a petition you can sign to have part of the highway near Pinson named after Noah. Makes me feel a bit better to do this one little thing to help him be remembered. I found the link through the Facebook page of the aunt.

I know I probably can't post any links here, but there is a petition you can sign to have part of the highway near Pinson named after Noah. Makes me feel a bit better to do this one little thing to help him be remembered. I found the link through the Facebook page of the aunt.

That's a beautiful idea. In the area of our vacation cabin, 50 miles from Pinson, virtually every bridge (and there are many due to all the creeks and the Tennessee River) is memorialized after someone from the community. Just one of the many things I LOVE about Tennessee. God Bless Noah!

ETA: It might be okay to post that link. Just check with ticya or Bessie.

Noah really was an Angel here on earth, with his blonde hair and blue eyes.

I find comfort that Noah was loved during his time here. So many times we read here of children who have suffered their whole lives, never knowing love, never going on family adventures, oftentimes they just spent their lives locked in their room or a crib while their parents drink or do drugs, only paying them attention to beat them. They die only knowing pain and fear. Noahs life was vastly different from what I'm used to reading on other cases. He had a happiness that radiated from him in every photo. There's pictures of him on motorbikes, at church, playing outside, even in the woods. There's pictures of him with many many people who all obviously loved him. In each photo you can see the happiness in his eyes - you can also tell hes such a cheeky little munchkin!

In a way it makes it even more tragic that such an amazing and well-loved little boy was taken from this earth so soon but I do find some solace in the fact that he died knowing love and happiness.

The heartbreak Noahs family must be feeling right now.. I just can't even imagine. I know how much this broke my heart and I've never met him! I'm glad the community has come together, they will need a strong support network to get through this. Im not a woman of faith but I truly believe the strong faith that Noahs family have will help them heal and eventually come to peace with the loss of Noah.

Of all the evil I read here on WebSleuths, Noahs case has shown me that there is still many good people here on earth.

Noah, I hope you didn't suffer. I have grown to love you this past week and I'll never forget you..
RIP beautiful boy. ❤

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

My heart broke when I heard the news. My prayers are with his family and with all of people who help in bring little Noah home. ��������my this tiny Angel rest in peace. This has scared me so much,I have a two year old grandson who loves to play hide and seek,I just never thought of something like this happening.

Noah Chamberlin's legacy - family calls for spirit of search to live on

Noah Chamberlin – a missing 2-year-old boy – brought a community together in prayer and hope.

Chris Reed, who knew Noah since he was a baby, said he was amazed by the love and prayer that poured out in the search for Noah.

“It didn’t matter what background you had,” Reed said. “It didn’t matter if you came from a poor family, or a well-to-do family. Everyone came together for one purpose. I’m blown away.”

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news/local/2016/01/23/noah-chamberlin-legacy/79243996/

Noah Chamberlin's legacy - family calls for spirit of search to live on

Noah Chamberlin – a missing 2-year-old boy – brought a community together in prayer and hope.

Chris Reed, who knew Noah since he was a baby, said he was amazed by the love and prayer that poured out in the search for Noah.

“It didn’t matter what background you had,” Reed said. “It didn’t matter if you came from a poor family, or a well-to-do family. Everyone came together for one purpose. I’m blown away.”

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news/local/2016/01/23/noah-chamberlin-legacy/79243996/

I think this is one of those cases that touches everyone's heart. Grandma in the woods with her two little grandkids, this darling Noah who is rambunctious and "a handfull", and he's lost in the woods. Everyone gets it.

One of my favorite stories is "the bear that heard crying", a true story from the late 1700's about a 3 year old girl who wandered into the woods and after the whole town searched for her, she was discovered apparently having been kept warm by a bear, that allowed her to survive. That's the kind of thing that resonates - everyone wanted this child to survive by some miracle.

I can't post the link, but those who are interested can probably find the petition if you look for The Noah Israel Chamberlin Highway.

I can't post the link, but those who are interested can probably find the petition if you look for The Noah Israel Chamberlin Highway.

That's good. Whatever brings the public comfort in this sad story, is good.

Karinna, your story is wrenching. I'm so sorry for your loss. There is a book, Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed (who wrote the blockbuster Wild that inspired the recent movie). The book is a compilation of her advice columns that she wrote years ago before she became famous. One of the columns, The Obliterated Place, is an answer to a father whose son was killed at the age of 22 by a drunk driver. During your journey of grief, if you're looking for a helpful perspective, you might want to get this book from the library. Strayed's capacity for honesty and compassion is remarkable.

"More will be revealed. Your son hadn't yet taught you everything he has to teach you. He taught you how to love like you've never loved before. He taught you how to suffer like you've never suffered before. Perhaps the next thing he has to teach you is acceptance". - Cheryl Strayed

God bless you.

Jeanna, Thankyou so much for your post and sharing this information, and i will look for the book. It is appreciated.
There are some great resources out there for people grieving the death of a child, and i have been a member of "The Compassionate Friends", a worldwide organization for parents and siblings going through such devastating losses.
There are so many wonderful caring people out there that inspire us to keep going, and i have been very grateful to have met them, because they helped me through the worse days, and taught me that we can survive such an awful life changing experience, and they were a testimony to that.

That's good. Whatever brings the public comfort in this sad story, is good.

I agree.

This case has really hit me hard and I remembered some things that were said during a funeral service of a person that passed at a relatively young age. I wanted to share it here as it has helped me some in times like this.

He was describing the question we all ask ourselves is why this had to end up in this way so short time?

He talked about it much better than I ever could and he provided a lot of discussion about it. I don't remember all of what he said but I do remember a couple parts of it.

He was not trying to say this is the answer or anything but just provided some things to ponder. One of the things he brought up is that nobody knows our futures except maybe a higher power if one so believes. And he brought up the possibility that a higher power could have seen something even more dreadful coming up that could have been even worse and perhaps saved the person from something more dreadful. Whether it be a painful terminal illness or a very bad car accident involving unbearable pain and suffering or some other dreadful situation.

We just don't know. We don't know the road that lies ahead. All we can do is cherish the short time Noah was here with us and may those fond memories comfort the family.

Another thing he brought up was all the things that the deceased person has taught to a multitude of people in his short life. He has taught love, compassion, and forgiveness in a most compelling way. In Noah's case he has taught these things to many many many people.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CKS
Back