Found Deceased TN - Sequoia Samuels, 4, Memphis, 15 Jun 2023 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:( :( :(

Fly baby girl.

When info was initially released that she was observed on video at 3 am walking in the neighborhood, I had hope, finally, an actually missing special needs child who has wandered off but can still be found, saved from harm. "Let's find her" I thought, prayers were launched. I was so heartbroken to discover she was another of the many children who is dead thanks to the ones who should have held her dearest.

It just never stops. The inhumanity.

JUN 19, 2023
[...]

“Right before Mother’s Day, I had talked with her,” TS explained. “I think Brittney had called me and she had got me to speak with her. And I was able to tell her I love her. I know she was alive then.”

Sequoia’s mother is charged with aggravated child abuse, among other charges. This comes as no surprise to her grandmother, who says the 4-year-old often visited her with bruises and burn marks. Still, she says the pain is unbearable.

“Every time she would come to my house, she would cry to not go back with her mother and I didn’t understand why,” TS said. “I was so busy working, working, working, but oh God. How could you? I don’t understand.”

According to a probable cause affidavit obtained by the Daily Memphian, investigators believe that Sequoia actually died “several weeks” before Jackson and Hobson reported her missing.

In an interview with police, Jackson allegedly admitted that she made the false report, claiming that Hobson actually “physically attacked” Sequoia multiple times over the course of several weeks before she ultimately succumbed to her injuries.

“After the last attack, [Samuels] became unresponsive. Hobson attempted to revive Samuels; however, she never regained consciousness. Jackson never attempted to render aid to her daughter,” the affidavit reportedly said.

Investigators reportedly said that Hobson then placed the girl’s body in “several garbage bags” and stored the remains at the house on Caldwell Avenue for weeks. During that time three other children — ages four, five, and six — were also residing in the home.

Prior to reporting Sequoia missing, the couple allegedly discarded the girl’s remains in a garbage dump near their home, the Memphian reported.

Wtf bond really omg she's as guilty as him unflipping real. I hope the other two children stay in care and not with her. Just unreal so ticked off my own 2 cents

Noting:

Jackson claims Hobson beat the child and that the two stored Sequoia’s body in garbage bags in the house.

Jackson is due back in court for a bail hearing Wednesday. Hobson is due back in court June 27 for a preliminary hearing on the false offense reporting charge.

Color me DISGUSTED. :mad:

JUN 20, 2023
[...]

A $500,000 bond remains for Brittney Jackson, 24, charged in four-year-old Sequoia Samuels’s death.

[...]

Jackson says she wasn’t sure if she’d be able to post that $500,000 bond looking to her family in the courtroom for answers.

Her attorney says he’ll work to lower it during a bond hearing Wednesday.

“I think that we all understand that no mother in her right mind would have allowed this to happen. It is my intention to have the bond reduced if we can,” said Ken Brashier her Attorney. We are going to see what factors the court can consider. Maybe we can get her out on a bond that is manageable, that her family can get her out.”

[...]

Several of Jackson’s family members were in the courtroom showing their support today.

[...]

Color me DISGUSTED. :mad:

JUN 20, 2023
[...]

A $500,000 bond remains for Brittney Jackson, 24, charged in four-year-old Sequoia Samuels’s death.

[...]

Jackson says she wasn’t sure if she’d be able to post that $500,000 bond looking to her family in the courtroom for answers.

Her attorney says he’ll work to lower it during a bond hearing Wednesday.

“I think that we all understand that no mother in her right mind would have allowed this to happen. It is my intention to have the bond reduced if we can,” said Ken Brashier her Attorney. We are going to see what factors the court can consider. Maybe we can get her out on a bond that is manageable, that her family can get her out.”

[...]

Several of Jackson’s family members were in the courtroom showing their support today.

[...]
Showing their support? Where was their support when seeing her daughter with her bruises? Bunch of horrible people. IMO

God those two make me sick,how tf does she get bail where's the murder charges, just holy heck I hope the people in the city make some noise about this. She had the deceased child in her home for weeks and she wants reduced bail . Just my angry 2 cents

JUN 21, 2023
New details continue to come to light in the death of four-year-old Sequoia Samuels, and Wednesday, it was revealed a DCS petition that could have prevented her death was denied by the Shelby County Juvenile Court.

The juvenile court confirmed to ABC24 Wednesday that the Department of Children's Services (DCS) filed a neglect petition involving Sequoia Samuels in February of 2022, and it was dismissed by the court in July of the same year.

[...]

Nobody deserves bond on this. Zero! The nerve of the mother to even look at her family regarding bond makes me ill. These 2 not only killed this baby but called police/reported a missing child and he had the nerve to go to neighbors houses for help causing concern to the neighbors that a child is missing. BS. IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back