TN TN - Shelley Mook, 24, Shelbyville, 28 Feb 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well, I just found this case cuz I was checking on updates on Holly, and I am furious with the TBI. They need to start tightening the screws around Mr. Mook and his family.
Now is not the time for the Mook group to be vindictive. Wonder if camoflage is his favorite color?

I have literally never seen someone act as guilty as he is acting and, unless I am incorrect, that baby is still in his custody? Stories like this make me lose faith in humanity.

I have literally never seen someone act as guilty as he is acting and, unless I am incorrect, that baby is still in his custody? Stories like this make me lose faith in humanity.

Currently 50/50 custody with Shelley's mom. He is fighting for full custody.

Well, it's good to know that Shelley's mom gets to spend some time with her granddaughter.

I know a child is as much one parent's as another, but as default, if the mother is missing, I really think her Mother (or mother's family), if able and close (relationship wise) should kind of get the child/ren on default if there is a history of abuse/scary stuff from the main suspect...I wonder if one can put that in a pre-nup or other legal document as a "just in case" clause before having children or after (meaning, if either spouse is suspected of foul play in the other's missing/murder case, they don't get custody of the kids until their innocence is proven, etc.). I'll have to think about that =)

This case is so very sad. Ganny, your post just really made me think about people putting implements in place in case anything happens to just ONE of them (usually it's when both parents are gone that there are advance directives).

Hmm. I'm very glad Shelley's mother is able to be with her granddaughter (at least part time...). I think that's exactly where she needs to be and I have no idea, but I'll gamble that's what Shelley would want.

Truthful Lies, I know just what you mean and ITA. But in the court system we have today, it would not hold up in a custody case (although it should). I've read of cases where the father killed the mother and HIS parents gets the kids because they had more money to hire better lawyers. Sad.:banghead:

Update with Photos:
http://www.t-g.com/story/1736423.html

Shelley's 25th birthday is coming up on June 29 2011 . When asked if she has thoughts about Shelley's whereabouts, she pauses. "Yes. Yes, I do," and declines to comment further. "As a mother, I always hold out a ray of hope. Hope is a good thing, sometimes the only thing."

Governor offers $10,000 reward in Shelley Mook case

A $10,000 reward is being offered by Gov. Bill Haslam for information in the Shelley Mook case.

Mook was last seen Feb. 28 at the home of her ex-husband in Bedford County where she had taken their child.

more at http://www.t-g.com/story/1743978.html

I think about Shelly often, was hoping there would good news but sadly, I think she is gone.

Prayers for her family~

I think about Shelly often, was hoping there would good news but sadly, I think she is gone.

Prayers for her family~

Since the beginning I have felt it was just a matter of hopefully finding her remains. The condition her car was found in spoke volumes.

:cry:

http://www.wsmv.com/story/15127290/missing-teachers-husband-fights-for-child-custody

That and his parents are in court to get full custody of the Shelley's 6 yr old daughter requesting NO visiting rights for Shelley's mom. They are not allowed to bring up in court the fact that Shelley is MISSING which makes for very interesting testimony.

"Tyler (Mook)'s attorney painted Tyler as a caring father who, since Shelley disappeared, has been staying with his parents and has been providing a good and safe home for his little girl.
(Shelley's mom Debra) Sikora's attorney tried to show that Tyler is a violent drug dealer who physically abused Shelley and their daughter when they were together.
While the subject of Shelley's disappearance wasn't allowed to be brought up in court, the couples tumultuous relationship came up often."

"In the mean time, the little girl will split her time between Tyler Mook and Sikora as she has been doing since her mother vanished."

I didn't think Tyler was letting Shelley's mom see the little girl. But according to this article the time is split. Of course that is how it is supposed to be not how it is ACTUALLY occuring in the real world as we all know.

Watching this article made me a little sick to my stomach. I am so afraid the way the courts are today, Tyler will get custody and Debra will not be able to get to see her. It happens all the time and is so unfair to everyone especially the child. I just wish the would just slip up and they could either find Shelley or the proof they need to lay her to rest and put him behind bars.

:banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cliff
Back