Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #2 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stunning news . SP is one brave and resourceful girl.

I keep hearing mom's words repeating in my head. "I'm just a nobody"
Makes me think that she may have known but was under complete control by this abusive .

She looks so (emotionally) beat up in pictures. There’s a real story here. Who knows, he may have married because there were two little girls. UGH>

IMO SP was never going back to that 'home' unless something changed.

My theory, and this is influenced by previous posters, is that the 'sheet' was taken to provide evidence (that poor young girl) and the phones were a minor mistake on SP's part. Someone did try to call SP, and she/her rescuer, realized that those phones needed to be turned off.

Once safely in WI, they started the ball rolling for LE to gather (DNA) evidence at the home. I might be off my rocker as I'm still euphoric over this thread saying, "Found Alive!"
Possible. That is what I suggested as well. If so, they may have waited for SP to give her permission first.
But they actually announced the rape charges but said they were still looking for her. So maybe she had been following and when she heard that, she felt it was finally safe to come out of hiding.

https://www.wisn.com/article/missing-savannah-leigh-pruitt-found-wisconsin/26106248
SLP was found in Wisconsin and that multiple people were involved in the case, Monroe County Sheriff Tommy Jones said at an evening news conference.

Jones said he couldn't release who the teen was with when she was found, but that she has family in Wisconsin. It's not believed she was related to the people she was with when located.

Pruitt's adoptive father, Randall Pruitt, has been charged with rape, ABC station WATE-TV reported.

"We don’t believe at this time that he has connection to her being a runaway and missing," Jones said.

The sheriff said the teen has had shelter, has been eating and is doing well.

Randall Pruitt was being held without bond in Monroe County (Tennessee) Jail.

More people will be charged in the case, according to Monroe County Sheriff's Office authorities.
She didn't even reach out to her mom to let her know she was safe. <modsnipped> JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks so (emotionally) beat up in pictures. There’s a real story here. Who knows, he may have married because there were two little girls. UGH>
I agree. Mom looked defeated, not all there even
I really suspect that this creep called all the shots, and mom just went along out of fear and forced submission......with the move and everything else that was happening in that household.

Possible. That is what I suggested as well. If so, they may have waited for SP to give her permission first.
But they actually announced the rape charges but said they were still looking for her. So maybe she had been following and when she heard that, she felt it was finally safe to come out of hiding.

Exactly! He needed to be behind bars before SP would allow the announcement. I feel she knew what she was doing. With help, of course!

I edited that post to add that at the press conference, they said RP has been SP's adopted father for "a few years."<modsnipped> Maybe it was. I'm sure he couldn't have adopted SP unless RP and CP were married.

Deleting my comments due to duplicate reply's by WS friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are so absurdly ecstatic right now that we are not thinking clearly, IMO. Looking through the rose colored glasses of euphoria. But something isn’t right. Was this an internet connection with a man/savior. Who is it that multiple people may be charged? How does that work...

Heck I hope she saved by a bear in the woods!

Exactly. I'm being cautious about speculating some savior took her many states away and kept her out of sight for 3 weeks out of the goodness of his or her heart. She might have sneaked out to run away from her "bad home life" but that doesn't mean the person who came to get her had only her best interests in mind. Sorry folks, I still feel cynical. :( SP is exactly the type of girl who is vulnerable to trafficking. Trafficked girls are often "escaping" from one hell just to wind up in another one. She might have fallen right into the hands of another predator when she ran away. I hope to God I am wrong again.

But people who want to help abused children don't help them run away and keep them concealed for several weeks. People with good intentions take the child directly to a safe place like the ER to be examined or the police station to get a report filed. Or call CPS before it ever gets to the point where you are helping a child climb out her window and disappear into the night. Best case scenario would be that another teen girl helped SP runaway because she didn't know what else to do and that teen will not face any charges. But in the real world, even if this was a woman or some group rescue-- adults will mostly likely face charges for harboring a minor and taking her across state lines. MOO.

Last edited:
Exactly. I'm being cautious about speculating some savior took her many states away and kept her out of sight for 3 weeks out of the goodness of his or her heart. She might have sneaked out to run away from her "bad home life" but that doesn't mean the person who came to get her had only her best interests in mind. Sorry folk, I still feel cynical. :( SP is exactly the type of girl who is vulnerable to trafficking. Trafficked girls are often "escaping" from one hell just to wind up in another one. She might have fallen right into the hands of another predator when she ran away. I hope to God I am wrong again.

But people who want to help abused children don't help them run away and keep them concealed for several weeks. People with good intentions take the child directly to a safe place like the ER to be examined or the police station to get a report filed. Or call CPS before it ever gets to the point where you are helping a child climb out her window and disappear into the night. Best case scenario would be that another teen girl helped SP runaway because she didn't know what else to do and that teen will not face any charges. But in the real world, even if this was a woman or some group rescue-- adults will mostly likely face charges for harboring a minor and taking her across state lines. MOO.
If I had to speculate, I'd guess she had a friend who helped her escape, and that friend took her to relatives (of the friend) in Wisconsin to be safe. It would only be the friend who took her across state lines.
But you are probably right about the "harboring a minor", assuming that she hasn't been in contact secretly with FBI/LE all along - which, if she was, would explain the DNA samples and all, perhaps. It would also explain why she was never classified as endangered.

Exactly. I'm being cautious about speculating some savior took her many states away and kept her out of sight for 3 weeks out of the goodness of his or her heart. She might have sneaked out to run away from her "bad home life" but that doesn't mean the person who came to get her had only her best interests in mind. Sorry folk, I still feel cynical. :( SP is exactly the type of girl who is vulnerable to trafficking. Trafficked girls are often "escaping" from one hell just to wind up in another one. She might have fallen right into the hands of another predator when she ran away. I hope to God I am wrong again.

Nah! LE said she wasn't endangered. She had people she called for help and they helped her, thank goodness. I think they'll be heros. There are good people in this world.

Just shaking my head at the BRILLIANCE of SP for taking her sheets- if that’s what happened. Adoptive step-prvrt’s FB lists a forensic show as a favorite. I just keep imagining the family sitting around together watching shows that use forensics to attain justice. And then this courageous young teen uses that info to turn the tables on her own injustice. No adjective to capture how impressive I think that is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
womackian