Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #2 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. I'm being cautious about speculating some savior took her many states away and kept her out of sight for 3 weeks out of the goodness of his or her heart. She might have sneaked out to run away from her "bad home life" but that doesn't mean the person who came to get her had only her best interests in mind. Sorry folk, I still feel cynical. :( SP is exactly the type of girl who is vulnerable to trafficking. Trafficked girls are often "escaping" from one hell just to wind up in another one. She might have fallen right into the hands of another predator when she ran away. I hope to God I am wrong again.

But people who want to help abused children don't help them run away and keep them concealed for several weeks. People with good intentions take the child directly to a safe place like the ER to be examined or the police station to get a report filed. Or call CPS before it ever gets to the point where you are helping a child climb out her window and disappear into the night. Best case scenario would be that another teen girl helped SP runaway because she didn't know what else to do and that teen will not face any charges. But in the real world, even if this was a woman or some group rescue-- adults will mostly likely face charges for harboring a minor and taking her across state lines. MOO.

Respectfully, LE has probably known she was safe, just waiting for forensics. It happens. I have been there myself.

It's possible that whomever SP may have called for help had the foresight to tell her to bring the sheet with her. An adult who she could trust. It's possible that adult alerted LE early on, and LE stated that SP was still missing so as to not spook the step dad till they had the evidence. I dunno.

Heck, if they're good folks, I'd be willing to contribute towards a lawyer. If they were truly trying to save her, I hope and pray they don't get charged. Sometimes being a good Samaritan means doing the right thing, which may not always be legal, as in this case.

Ditto! I’m in!
No matter her circumstances for leaving, at least she fled her dad, aka rapist.

IMO SP was never going back to that 'home' unless something changed.

My theory, and this is influenced by previous posters, is that the 'sheet' was taken to provide evidence (that poor young girl) and the phones were a minor mistake on SP's part. Someone did try to call SP, and she/her rescuer, realized that those phones needed to be turned off.

Once safely in WI, they started the ball rolling for LE to gather (DNA) evidence at the home. I might be off my rocker as I'm still euphoric over this thread saying, "Found Alive!"

Exactly. SP had the sheet with the DNA evidence. It is also possible that the person or persons that rescued her took her to a clinic or emergency room to be examined. It's surprising that everyone kept this under wraps until the arrest today, but I am glad they did.

I am SO EXCITED!

I truly felt that she took off to protect herself or someone else. My daughter said only abuse at home or protecting someone else would cause her to leave like this. She said she wouldn't come back until the threat was removed.

S reminds me so much of my daughter. She looks innocent and young, yet she will do what needs to be done if someone is being harmed.

I think that S left to expose her father and protect her sisters. I truly felt that she was safe in hiding. However when he was charged with rape I doubted my gut.

I'm so glad that my initial instincts were right about both Jayme and S. What an awesome month!

Maybe it;s unfair but I hope she doesn't have to stay with her mom right now. Her mother seemed angry at the presser and for whatever reason did not protect her.

I agree, for now. I think S should be heard before any decisions are made. Where she wants to go and who with. I'm sure all the kids will be.

Her mom may not have known what was going on at all. However that doesn't mean she can keep her children safe right now. I think a lot of therapy will be needed here.

I didn't think he'd killed her. He didn't have the cojones for that! S had all of the cojones in that household and she certainly used them!

Also, I LOVE how excited you are about this gitana. :)

Heck, if they're good folks, I'd be willing to contribute towards a lawyer. If they were truly trying to save her, I hope and pray they don't get charged. Sometimes being a good Samaritan means doing the right thing, which may not always be legal, as in this case.

Absolutely. If they didn't harm her then leave them alone. Obviously if she was trafficked that's different. But if they just harbored her until it was safe, let them go. Without them she may have frozen to death.

According to his FB post, they became engaged in 2007.

They were married in July 2007.
There are pictures of them as a family from several years ago. This wasn't a new father figure. He RAISED this girl. He's been around since she was a toddler.

It's possible that whomever SP may have called for help had the foresight to tell her to bring the sheet with her. An adult who she could trust. It's possible that adult alerted LE early on, and LE stated that SP was still missing so as to not spook the step dad till they had the evidence. I dunno.

Ita! I think & hope S had a confidant. As I suggested earlier, maybe someone gave her a “secret phone” & crap hit the fan when the parents discovered it?
Ugh.....for the parents to suggest they moved for S to lead the farm life. Oh, it makes me ill.

Exactly. I'm being cautious about speculating some savior took her many states away and kept her out of sight for 3 weeks out of the goodness of his or her heart. She might have sneaked out to run away from her "bad home life" but that doesn't mean the person who came to get her had only her best interests in mind. Sorry folk, I still feel cynical. :( SP is exactly the type of girl who is vulnerable to trafficking. Trafficked girls are often "escaping" from one hell just to wind up in another one. She might have fallen right into the hands of another predator when she ran away. I hope to God I am wrong again.

But people who want to help abused children don't help them run away and keep them concealed for several weeks. People with good intentions take the child directly to a safe place like the ER to be examined or the police station to get a report filed. Or call CPS before it ever gets to the point where you are helping a child climb out her window and disappear into the night. Best case scenario would be that another teen girl helped SP runaway because she didn't know what else to do and that teen will not face any charges. But in the real world, even if this was a woman or some group rescue-- adults will mostly likely face charges for harboring a minor and taking her across state lines. MOO.
Unless he’s been investigated & cleared before. SP may have needed to make sure this time.

If I had to speculate, I'd guess she had a friend who helped her escape, and that friend took her to relatives (of the friend) in Wisconsin to be safe. It would only be the friend who took her across state lines.
But you are probably right about the "harboring a minor", assuming that she hasn't been in contact secretly with FBI/LE all along - which would explain the DNA samples and all, perhaps.

I hope you are right and I hope it was teen friend (a girl). I could see it happening-- she could have been kept hidden in a friend's room and finally decided to come out when they saw RP was arrested. It just seems like a very unusual situation. There's a story here and I want to hear it all before I call anyone a hero. Now if there was a lady walking her dog that happened upon SP somewhere then I will give up sleuthing for a month and buy myself a new dog to start taking on long walks instead. Lol. :p:D

MOO.

Exactly. SP had the sheet with the DNA evidence. It is also possible that the person or persons that rescued her took her to a clinic or emergency room to be examined. It's surprising that everyone kept this under wraps until the arrest today, but I am glad they did.

The entire case was “odd” from the get go with little urgency, imo, to find S. Therefore, I think LE knew.
Maybe not immediately but shortly after.
Then, as is generally the case, pop had to appear on camera, distraught. We know he was seething inside and was as nervous as a jumping bean.

OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. I've been taking photos at a girls basketball game and missed everything today. I don't know what happened. But I just read a post that sounded like, OMG, yes. I just looked at the title on the thread. Those words. I'm going to bawl my eyes out now.

The entire case was “odd” from the get go with little urgency, imo, to find S. Therefore, I think LE knew.
Then, as is generally the case, pop had to appear on camera, distraught. We know he was seething inside and was as nervous as a jumping bean.
Did the mom ever appear on camera? I didn't see her. Wonder if the dad didn't allow her because he wanted to be "in control". (reminds me of that interview with De'oor's (sp) parents where dad wouldn't let mom speak)

ITA
I was wondering that very thing as I was trying to catch up.
I think we all got the answer when LE announced the arrest and then her finding so quickly.
If LE didn't already have all their investigative ducks in a row, we wouldn't have heard that quickly.

ITA
I was wondering that very thing as I was trying to catch up.
I think we all got the answer when LE announced the arrest and then her finding so quickly.
If LE didn't already have all their investigative ducks in a row, we wouldn't have heard that quickly.

I think FBI first got involved in WI! It would take some time to verify the story orca runaway, miles from home, imo.
Think how pissed & perplexed the rapist was upon learning S was gone! Lmao
You know he wanted to kill her then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members