Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #2 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if someone drove S to KY rest area & another person picked her up, asking her to turn ph off. Perhaps traveling from TN to KY she had them on in event the WI contact needed to reach her? Maybe they were texting back & forth as to their location, etc.
(I don’t mean a person drove from WI, either, lol)
I think her ride from her home had a way to get her on the road, once they got to KY. Thankfully.

Are some women so desperate to have a boyfriend/husband/date they are willing to sacrifice their children?
Locally, I knew of a similar situation. The mom would tell the daughter “but he makes a good living, do you want to live on welfare”, like it was okay for step daddy to sleep with the daughter because he had a good job.

Unfortunately, it's happened since the dawn of time. A lot of times, if there's no drugs involved, the mother is so whipped, she doesn't feel capable of leaving. The abuser will control the home, the vehicles, the money, where they go, who they see, and everything in their lives. Look at his facebook. Standing behind the pulpit. No one would believe her.

Unfortunately, it's happened since the dawn of time. A lot of times, if there's no drugs involved, the mother is so whipped, she doesn't feel capable of leaving. The abuser will control the home, the vehicles, the money, where they go, who they see, and everything in their lives. Look at his facebook. Standing behind the pulpit. No one would believe her.

Oh I know & I bet when he was arrested he blurted out “she’s a liar, that girl lies, ask her mom”, like anyone would believe him. He’s disgusting.

I wonder if someone drove S to KY rest area & another person picked her up, asking her to turn ph off. Perhaps traveling from TN to KY she had them on in event the WI contact needed to reach her? Maybe they were texting back & forth as to their location, etc.
(I don’t mean a person drove from WI, either, lol)
I think her ride from her home had a way to get her on the road, once they got to KY. Thankfully.

I wonder if they wired her $ for a bus ticket, and she got to the Greyhound pickup place in London? It's very close to Corbin. Tix for Greyhound are pretty cheap too. Ya just gotta ride awhile.

YES this. There is no excuse for not protecting your babies. I'll just make that clear right now.

However, I can totally understand why this particular woman would have felt hopeless and powerless to escape. This man absolutely LOOKED like the perfect husband and father to outsiders. I think they would have faced an uphill battle convincing anyone and they probably knew that.

This man has a large family and friends group that are extremely supportive. Even NOW he is being publicly defended, people saying they don't believe it and know he didn't do it. I hope Mom didn't know at all and just needs some help with being more assertive and protective. It would be good if they could all stay together in a safe environment.

However, this is a man she's been married to for a decade. This doesn't fall into the same category as the normal stepdad/boyfriend abuse situations. So I give Mom more leeway than I would if she'd only known him a few months. He raised those girls with her, my guess is that she never imagined he'd do anything to hurt any of the kids. Even if he did hurt her.

People are not being gentle at all with the family. I do hope they will back off until it's known who was aware and who was not. I'm quite concerned that the Mom may commit suicide actually. If she didn't know and truly loves those kids I imagine she's in hell right now. :(
<modsnipped>
The victims of this will spread far and wide, especially those who come to accept it's true. His family, his friends, his children's friends and their families... anyone who had contact with this man will question themselves and their instincts and whether their own children were safe. How could I not know? How could I not see who he was? <modsnipped>

I just hope people will remember how many victims there are in cases like this. I would hate for a tragedy to come out of it now that S is safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
YES this. There is no excuse for not protecting your babies. I'll just make that clear right now.

However, I can totally understand why this particular woman would have felt hopeless and powerless to escape. This man absolutely LOOKED like the perfect husband and father to outsiders. I think they would have faced an uphill battle convincing anyone and they probably knew that.

This man has a large family and friends group that are extremely supportive. Even NOW he is being publicly defended, people saying they don't believe it and know he didn't do it. I hope Mom didn't know at all and just needs some help with being more assertive and protective. It would be good if they could all stay together in a safe environment.

However, this is a man she's been married to for a decade. This doesn't fall into the same category as the normal stepdad/boyfriend abuse situations. So I give Mom more leeway than I would if she'd only known him a few months. He raised those girls with her, my guess is that she never imagined he'd do anything to hurt any of the kids. Even if he did hurt her.

People are not being gentle at all with the family. I do hope they will back off until it's known who was aware and who was not. I'm quite concerned that the Mom may commit suicide actually. If she didn't know and truly loves those kids I imagine she's in hell right now. :(

<modsnipped off topic personal anecdote>

The victims of this will spread far and wide, especially those who come to accept it's true. His family, his friends, his children's friends and their families... anyone who had contact with this man will question themselves and their instincts and whether their own children were safe. How could I not know? How could I not see who he was? <modsnipped>

I just hope people will remember how many victims there are in cases like this. I would hate for a tragedy to come out of it now that S is safe.
Powerful post. I’m so sorry your family went through that. And you’re right; it’s too soon to make assumptions- so much is still unknown.

Last edited by a moderator:
R~ I thought about Greyhound but I think someone would have recognized her. Do you?
Not who you asked - but no. I don't think many people would have recognized her. By the time word got out, it had been what? 14 days? Most days I can't tell you who I was behind in the grocery store, muchness who I walked by on the sidewalk. I also think its possible she cut her hair off at some point to avoid be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho