Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #2 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree....he is not a dead ringer for the sketch and I highly doubt it is him, but he is a trucker and his voice is very similar. Height and weight and eyes all check the box. I put the sketch next to his mugshot and honestly, I can see similarities.

JMO
Not the eyes. RP has blue eyes. BG does not per LE.

Last edited:
I would think SP would have gone to her mother with these problems. I'm suspecting her pleas fell on deaf ears. However, I have known of daughters to not tell their mothers because they didn't want to hurt them or because they might get in trouble.
I find this troubling as well - and based on her FB she was surrounded by quite a lot of family - no trusted Aunts/Uncles/Gramma - nobody? I continue to believe she made a prior attempt at reporting and was completely shutdown. IMO. She had help and I think we will eventually know who/how/etc. JMO

Perhaps extended family that live in WI helped her, but had her stay at a "friends" nurse, police officer, social worker, in case mom and or dad showed up looking for her.
I don't know what I would do in a situation like this.
Contact the FBI first, I guess.
When did they become involved in this case?
Is there a large hospital near where she was located?
I don't even know how a hospital would handle this with no parent to consent for treatment, since that early on they would not know about whether the mother had any knowledge about it.
I'm hoping we get some specifics on the timeline.
I feel like someone she trusted, did the right thing and they just didn't announce where she was until they had enough for an arrest warrant for her rapist!!!
Moo

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but it's my understanding that parental consent is not needed for a rape kit nor for emergency life saving medical attention. My understanding is that if a Good Samaritan had helped SP and taken her directly to a hospital ER in TN, saying she had been assaulted by her adoptive father then the hospital would examine her and contact the police and social services/CPS (whatever it is called in TN) right away. If she was taken to the hospital after being recovered by the FBI in WI, then she would be in the care of Child Protective Services at that point and they would be the ones to consent to her care and examination. And Nurses, Police Officers, Social Workers, etc are all mandatory reporters of abuse and are required to take her to the hospital or contact police. None of those people would risk their jobs by taking SP across state lines and keeping her at their home for 3 weeks waiting for RP to get arrested. MOO.
Am I mistaken in any of this info?

Depends on the circumstances. I'm worried about what additional charges could be. It could be something like transporting a minor across state lines/unlawful harboring of a minor. Or she might have been trafficked-- I really nope, not but teens running away from the type of situation she ran from are vulnerable to other predators, particualarly if they ask someone they don't know on the internet to help them get away. And there is always an uptick in trafficking activity right before the Superbowl. :mad: So call me cynical, but I'm not giving any kudos to the mysterious WI people until we find out more about how she got to WI and who had her. We have no details yet as far as I have seen. MOO.

In context, "trafficking" is higher surrounding ANY large event. No matter what it is. People come to a convention or sports event or concert or political event and look for prostitutes.

In context, "trafficking" really just means prostitutes cross borders to sell sex. Some are underage. Almost none are true sex slaves as in snatched off the street and forced to have sex for money a la the movie "Taken" (total fiction).

That being said, she actually fits some of the demographic for victims of child sexual trafficking. She's a victim of sexual abuse at home and likely a runaway.

I don't think she was being sold for sex in Wisconsin. Although if she had remained a runaway and had no place to go she could've morphed into that.

I'm more worried that some dude reached out to her to "help" her and took advantage of her vulnerability. Which could also constitute "trafficking" like what happened to our other Tennessee runaway, ET.

Hopefully not.

So creepy. Why is the mother speaking of her in the past tense?
To be fair, when I looked at how some of the questions were phrased by reporters, some of the past-tense usage is understandable. Here's an example.

"was" instead of "is"

REPORTER: Was she in an equestrian group or a riding group?
MOTHER: No, she was just learning how to tack.

They even had the detective using past tense, but nobody paid attention to that, lol! :p

"had" instead of "has" and "was" instead of "is"

REPORTER: She had two phones?
FILLYAW: Yes. One was a phone from where she, from where they moved from and the other phone was a new phone that they had got when they got here.

It does seem strange that she was found only 6 hours after RP's arrest.
I can't help but wonder if whoever was keeping her, called in, knowing now she could be found. Maybe they negotiated something so they weren't immediately arrested? idk

If indeed she did take the sheet as evidence, I wonder if she was instructed to do so by the folks who helped her, or if she came up with it on her own. Also, video-taping the act and cutting the screen (and one wonders why that was necessary). Not that she's not capable, but she is very young, and was isolated in bad situation. I wonder if some of the prep was suggested by outside parties trying to help.

If I was ever to be in a situation like SP or JC, I hope I would act with half of the grace and bravery as these two girls. It's astounding. And people talk about "kids these days".

Last edited:
To be fair, when I looked at how some of the questions were phrased by reporters, some of the past-tense usage is understandable. Here's an example.

"was" instead of "is"

REPORTER: Was she in an equestrian group or a riding group?
MOTHER: No, she was just learning how to tack.

They even had the detective using past tense, but nobody paid attention to that, lol! :p

"had" instead of "has" and "was" instead of "is"

REPORTER: She had two phones?
FILLYAW: Yes. One was a phone from where she, from where they moved from and the other phone was a new phone that they had got when they got here.

Hmm. OK, interesting point, thank you. I actually did not hear any questions, just the two of them talking. I'll listen again.

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but it's my understanding that parental consent is not needed for a rape kit nor for emergency life saving medical attention. My understanding is that if a Good Samaritan had helped SP and taken her directly to a hospital ER in TN, saying she had been assaulted by her adoptive father then the hospital would examine her and contact the police and social services/CPS (whatever it is called in TN) right away. If she was taken to the hospital after being recovered by the FBI in WI, then she would be in the care of Child Protective Services at that point and they would be the ones to consent to her care and examination. And Nurses, Police Officers, Social Workers, etc are all mandatory reporters of abuse and are required to take her to the hospital or contact police. None of those people would risk their jobs by taking SP across state lines and keeping her at their home for 3 weeks waiting for RP to get arrested. MOO.
Am I mistaken in any of this info?
Probably not, but in this case, where SP made her escape shortly after going to her room (we think), and then travelling clear to WI, I don't think she would carry sufficient physical evidence, would she? I don't know. I know at the press conference they declined to say when the abuse event(s) happened. From the timeline we think we have, it doesn't seem to have been that night.

In context, "trafficking" is higher surrounding ANY large event. No matter what it is. People come to a convention or sports event or concert or political event and look for prostitutes.

In context, "trafficking" really just means prostitutes cross borders to sell sex. Some are underage. Almost none are true sex slaves as in snatched off the street and forced to have sex for money a la the movie "Taken" (total fiction).

That being said, she actually fits some of the demographic for victims of child sexual trafficking. She's a victim of sexual abuse at home and likely a runaway.

I don't think she was being sold for sex in Wisconsin. Although if she had remained a runaway and had no place to go she could've morphed into that.

I'm more worried that some dude reached out to her to "help" her and took advantage of her vulnerability. Which could also constitute "trafficking" like what happened to our other Tennessee runaway, ET.

Hopefully not.

Yes, exactly Gitana. We are on the same page. The only bit of hope I see is in the fact that SP was found so soon after RP was arrested (abt 6 hours later). That fact gives me hope that she was free to call the FBI or she was able to ask someone else trustworthy to call for her. We don't know how she was found yet but the timing makes it seem as if it was a reaction to the arrest. We will find out the details in due time. MOO.

Hopefully not.

Yeah, I'm hoping/assuming that whoever is in Wisconsin did actually help her, whether it be the relatives or friends of the relatives. But it has crossed my mind that it could be something else, or less straightforward.

I am kidding with you and I hope SP (Brave!) is not contagious! I know you meant courageous! I need to be sarcastic once in a great while. :) Then again, with all of these outbreaks (Flu, Polio Like, Measles!) I hope she didn't catch a cold up there in WI! 50 below in some places. -45.6 Celcius! My heavens, that's cold!

Enough with diversions.

I am so thankful to all the courageous people that helped this brave, young woman, find a way to escape the horror.

From LE, who had us stumped with 'Missing, Not Endangered.' Very little info in regards to the 'real' timeline. Slowly, more was 'leaked', and then confirmed. Now we see it was all there, the clues to the reality.

IMO the details, if ever revealed, would allow SP to write a Best Seller. Not that she ever needs to.

Who knows, SP and JC, will be the heroes these generations really need. All imo jmo mho and I am just so thrilled that both of these young girls (Women really) found the strength within. They tapped the bravery that we are all capable of. They will have the love of our world to help them heal. That's my wish on 2/1/2019. Be safe all!

Ahhh, seems my autocorrect got me.

I would think SP would have gone to her mother with these problems. I'm suspecting her pleas fell on deaf ears. However, I have known of daughters to not tell their mothers because they didn't want to hurt them or because they might get in trouble.

Probably not, but in this case, where SP made her escape shortly after going to her room (we think), and then travelling clear to WI, I don't think she would carry sufficient physical evidence, would she? I don't know. I know at the press conference they declined to say when the abuse event(s) happened. From the timeline we think we have, it doesn't seem to have been that night.

I don't want to get too technical, but there could have been physical evidence of ongoing abuse even if the most recent assault didn't occur that night. But 3 weeks later that evidence might be gone. I still say the better course of action if someone wants to help a teen in SP's position is to take her directly to the ER or the police. Thank goodness they had video/photos for an arrest. MOO.

I am in awe of SP's courage.
At the age of 7 I feared sharing an issue involving a boy cousin who was 10.
It was my mother's sister's son. I couldn't imagine creating a rift between sisters.
At the age of 15 I feared sharing an issue involving my mother's uncle. Again I didn't want to create drama involving HER family member.
When young women speak up as SP has done, I am so impressed....such fortitude.
Peace be with you, SP.
MOO

I don't want to get too technical, but there could have been physical evidence of ongoing abuse even if the most recent assault didn't occur that night. But 3 weeks later that evidence might be gone. I still say the better course of action if someone wants to help a teen in SP's position is to take her directly to the ER or the police. Thank goodness they had video/photos for an arrest. MOO.
Thanks, that helps clarify it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member