Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #4 *ARRESTS*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this guy meant only to “help”...why lie to police right off the bat? Why not keep her “safe” only for as long as it took to get her away? Why not drive straight to a police station? By him telling SP that people would not understand him coming and getting her (paraphrase) he obviously knew this was not the way to do it. And by destroying her phone(s) he was destroying evidence AND preventing her using them. He was isolating her, not protecting her. If he had not yet sexually assaulted her, he was in grooming mode.
Jmo

Last edited:
Under 18 U.S.C. § 2423, transporting a minor across state lines is a crime when done with the purpose to engage in illegal sex or child *advertiser censored*:

(a) Transportation with intent to engage in criminal sexual activity. --A person who knowingly transports an individual who has not attained the age of 18 years in interstate or foreign commerce, or in any commonwealth, territory or possession of the United States, with intent that the individual engage in prostitution, or in any sexual activity for which any person can be charged with a criminal offense, shall be fined under this title and imprisoned not less than 10 years or for life.

[[[Edited because I don't know how to double quote!]]]

If this guy meant only to “help”...why lie to police right off the bat? Why not keep her “safe” only for as long as it took to get her away? Why not drive straight to a police station? By him telling SP that people would not understand him coming and getting her (paraphrase) he obviously knew this was not the way to do it. And by destroying her phone(s) he was destroying evidence AND preventing her using them. He was isolating her, not protecting her. If he had not yet sexually assaulted her, he was in grooming mode.
Jmo
Of course. The only way he only meant to "help" in my mind is if he is mentally challenged in some way and does not understand right from wrong.
Judging from the planning and manipulation that was involved, I'm guessing that is not the case. Imo

Can I get one thing clarified? Did BDR physically sexually abuse SLP?

Obviously what he asked SLP to do was repulsive, immoral, illegal, and psychologically damaging to a young vulnerable girl.

I'm trying to understand. Did he actually think he was doing something good, in his mind- assuming the rape was going to happen anyway? Which it was. So he would "save" the young girl.

I have no problem with charges against BDR, but go easy on me with my questions because I'm not completely understanding all this. If BDR only transported and harbored SLP (beyond the tape), is there anything positive that comes out of this with a suicidal teenager?
"Doing something good" would have been for this 31 year old man to contact the authorities and tell them that he suspected a 14 year old suicidal child was being sexually abused by her step father, period.

In the complaint, BR clearly demonstrated his manipulation skills by requesting SP produce a rape video not only for alleged evidence of rape, but allegedly to legally protect himself for helping her.

"Doing good" does not include lying to LE when they come to truly rescue a suicidal child. Helping a child does not involve hiding them in a closet when police return a second time to search your home.

No, for two weeks BR kept SP for his own demented pleasure. If you want to help a suicidal child and rape victim, you take them to a hospital. You don't hide them in a basement closet.

From all accounts, like Jayme, SP rescued herself by contacting the FBI.

MOO

Under 18 U.S.C. § 2423, transporting a minor across state lines is a crime when done with the purpose to engage in illegal sex or child *advertiser censored*:

(a) Transportation with intent to engage in criminal sexual activity. --A person who knowingly transports an individual who has not attained the age of 18 years in interstate or foreign commerce, or in any commonwealth, territory or possession of the United States, with intent that the individual engage in prostitution, or in any sexual activity for which any person can be charged with a criminal offense, shall be fined under this title and imprisoned not less than 10 years or for life.

[[[Edited because I don't know how to double quote!]]]
Yes, and if he is charged with that I doubt they will be lenient because he was trying to "save" her.
He took advantage of a victim, which is even more appalling. Imo

"Doing something good" would have been for this 31 year old man to contact the authorities and tell them that he suspected a 14 year old suicidal child was being sexually abused by her step father, period.

In the complaint, BR clearly demonstrated his manipulation skills by requesting SP produce a rape video not only for alleged evidence of rape, but allegedly to legally protect himself for helping her.

"Doing good" does not include lying to LE when they come to truly rescue a suicidal child. Helping a child does not involve hiding them in a closet when police return a second time to search your home.

No, for two weeks BR kept SP for his own demented pleasure. If you want to help a suicidal child and rape victim, you take them to a hospital. You don't hide them in a basement closet.

MOO

THANK YOU!!!! This all needed to be said, and you said it very well.

Yes, and if he is charged with that I doubt they will be lenient because he was trying to "save" her.
He took advantage of a victim, which is even more appalling. Imo
We don't know yet if he took advantage of her. All we have is the DA's statement of intent to charge him with a crime of intent.

Regardless, he's in a boatload of trouble. And, deservedly so!!!

Last edited:
Wouldn't this mother CP, who has no idea, have noticed soiled sheets, soiled SP's underwear?o_Oo_O
Is CP going to act, as if this is all a complete surprise to her?
Would love to hear her being interviewed, and answering these questions.
MOO.

What I would like to know is how a stay at home mother never saw or heard anything in the alleged 12 yrs this on-going rape was going on in the family home. Additionally, why hasn't she made any statement rejoicing that her child was found safe?

THANK YOU!!!! This all needed to be said, and you said it very well.

Yes, I concur 100%
He had plenty of opportunities to do the right thing. Why didn't he take SP directly to the police station when he picked her up? She already had the proof. What could possibly be his justification for taking her 700 miles away from TN?

IMHO, taking her to LE immediately was the only right thing to do. Anything less than that is highly questionable.

Thank you! I really need to learn how to link things.
If he is found guilty of both charges, I would think he could be looking at a harsh sentence. Imo
Assistant U.S. Attorney Julie Pfluger said Monday at a brief court appearance for Rogers that prosecutors would seek an indictment against Rogers when the grand jury next meets on Feb. 20. She said it would also include a charge of taking a minor across state lines for sexual purposes.

The complaint alleges that between Dec. 24 and Jan. 13, Rogers “knowingly and intentionally persuaded, induced, and coerced” the girl to take the video of herself being sexually abused. He faces a mandatory minimum sentence of 15 years in prison, or up to 30 years.

Can I get one thing clarified? Did BDR physically sexually abuse SLP?

Obviously what he asked SLP to do was repulsive, immoral, illegal, and psychologically damaging to a young vulnerable girl.

I'm trying to understand. Did he actually think he was doing something good, in his mind- assuming the rape was going to happen anyway? Which it was. So he would "save" the young girl.

I have no problem with charges against BDR, but go easy on me with my questions because I'm not completely understanding all this. If BDR only transported and harbored SLP (beyond the tape), is there anything positive that comes out of this with a suicidal teenager?
This is directly from the CC:
Assistant U.S. Attorney Julie Pfluger said Monday at a brief court appearance for Rogers that prosecutors would seek an indictment against Rogers when the grand jury next meets on Feb. 20. She said it would also include a charge of taking a minor across state lines for sexual purposes.

The complaint alleges that between Dec. 24 and Jan. 13, Rogers “knowingly and intentionally persuaded, induced, and coerced” the girl to take the video of herself being sexually abused. He faces a mandatory minimum sentence of 15 years in prison, or up to 30 years.

In the CC FB is mentioned, yet when I asked about cross referencing if they were friends yesterday I don’t recall a connection mentioned/found here? (Or did I somehow miss it?) If they were not friends, how did they communicate via FB? A group? Messenger? (Photography Group, etc?)

Also, has it been released which “encrypted messenger app” they used?

Thanks in advance.

They (LE) did not go into great detail about the apps that were used, in the CC. That did not appear to be the focus of the documentation.

They did go into greater detail on describing what led up to the rape. They even punched us in the gut about the specific details of the recorded rape.

We are going to ‘see’ a lot more details when this goes to trial. Unless, of course, they shut down the reporting of those proceedings. Can they? Will they?

Has anyone gone through all the “friends” on both of SP’s FB accounts? I just figured that BDR would have deleted anything connected between the two of them. Just as he was eliminating anything else that would be traceable. Just my opinion/interpretation of this manipulator. All imo moo

The thing that has me baffled most right now is that we haven’t heard anything of further arrests? I just would have thought there’d be one more arrest. Maybe that’s all there will be, RP and BDR.

MOO

I believe that SP, hiding in the closet, is a critical clue to how BDR was continuing to manipulate the fears in SP’s mind.

That overwhelming fear that ‘they’ were coming to take her back home. The utter desperation that the ‘proof’ didn’t work.

The conversations that he would be having with this young, defeated, soul? Nightmare scenario on top of all her previous nightmares.

We have hope that SP will be given the proper care to convince her that she is more than worthy to feel, and receive, love. There are some hurdles, but I have faith in her ability to recover. All imo mho

IMO true justice would involve one more arrest.
I agree, but maybe we are confronted with a "she said, she said" with nothing to corroborate SP's side again and without that, who is most believed? It seems that this line of reasoning is what set off the very flawed set of events we just learned about. But, I would ask, what in SP's life experience would have led her to believe anything differently? That would have think she would be believed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member